Calling all RMA Ladies (1st page updates)

Hi Ladies! I just found this thread. I am with the RMA in NYC & I'm just excited to see there are people in the vicinity. I've had a good experience with RMA so far, they seem like they know what they are doing. Just waiting for that BFP like everyone else :)

Marie! So glad to find another NY RMA goer. :dust:

When do we find out if you have some sticky beans in there??

YAY! Dukers found us :)

jchic, you will do fine with the injectibles, they honestly didn't hurt at all, my mom is an RN and she told me to do the injection in the belly not the thigh that it hurts there, so I rotated from one side of the belly to the other I had no side effects from the meds, I have had cramping and sore BB's since the 2nd IUI onn 3/14, don't know if that's just a side effect of the trigger shot. My trigger shot was on 3/12 I had my appointment on 3-13 for the 1st IUI at 9:30 AM DH had his appointment at the lab at 8:00 AM same day, they told me trigger shot 12 hours before my appointment. 2nd IUI DH had to be there at 7:30 AM and my appointment was at 9 AM. This TWW is horrible though, I know they said not to do a HPT because of the trigger meds you can get a false positive, my Beta is scheduled on 3-28.. almost another week I wish you tons and tons of :dust: and a successful IUI cycle.
TryinginNJ lots of :dust: to you as well

Jersey - thanks for that :flower: Its so hard not to do an hpt isnt it? I find that its harder each time to do one and see a negative, but I need to do it, LOL. The things we put ourselves through. The sore BB's sound like a good sign!

TryinginNJ - I go to the Morristown one too! What doc are you seeing? I have Dr. Jamie Morris

Bluestorm - Yes this is my first IVF. I've had 3 IUIs through RMA which were BFN. All along we knew IVF was probably the only option as the success rates of IUI with my dh sa #'s were not good. We figured it was worth a few shots though. Our dr said 5-10% chance of BFP with IUI in our circumstance.

jchic - GL with the IUI...it's worth a shot! Some women have a lot of success with it.

Daisy - Yes good to see another NY RMAer here!

I actually grew up in South Jersey (Vineland area) and moved to NY after college. My family still lives in NJ so I'm technically still a Jersey Girl. And YES, I am going crazy on this 2WW. There is so much more at stake than ever before, financially, emotionally, physically. It's so much of a sacrifice, but our clinic has a 60% success rate with 2 embies transferred with IVF so that is pretty substantial. I'm worried that I feel "too good" no symptoms yet but I'm going to remain positive. I test next week 3/27...hoping for a BFP :happydance:

Marie! Everything crossed for your bfp. Daisy also goes to RMA in NY :)

What was your DH's specific issue? Mine was diagnosed with low morphology (2%). We just got the test results. Count and motility were fine, but morphology, not so much.

Hi Ladies! I just found this thread. I am with the RMA in NYC & I'm just excited to see there are people in the vicinity. I've had a good experience with RMA so far, they seem like they know what they are doing. Just waiting for that BFP like everyone else :)

Marie! So glad to find another NY RMA goer. :dust:

When do we find out if you have some sticky beans in there??

YAY! Dukers found us :)

jchic, you will do fine with the injectibles, they honestly didn't hurt at all, my mom is an RN and she told me to do the injection in the belly not the thigh that it hurts there, so I rotated from one side of the belly to the other I had no side effects from the meds, I have had cramping and sore BB's since the 2nd IUI onn 3/14, don't know if that's just a side effect of the trigger shot. My trigger shot was on 3/12 I had my appointment on 3-13 for the 1st IUI at 9:30 AM DH had his appointment at the lab at 8:00 AM same day, they told me trigger shot 12 hours before my appointment. 2nd IUI DH had to be there at 7:30 AM and my appointment was at 9 AM. This TWW is horrible though, I know they said not to do a HPT because of the trigger meds you can get a false positive, my Beta is scheduled on 3-28.. almost another week I wish you tons and tons of :dust: and a successful IUI cycle.
TryinginNJ lots of :dust: to you as well

Jersey - thanks for that :flower: Its so hard not to do an hpt isnt it? I find that its harder each time to do one and see a negative, but I need to do it, LOL. The things we put ourselves through. The sore BB's sound like a good sign!

TryinginNJ - I go to the Morristown one too! What doc are you seeing? I have Dr. Jamie Morris

jchic...not taking an HPT is defiitely the hardest thing to do, the waiting is driving me crazy!!

Marie, I didn't know our clinic's success rate is 60% with 2 embies - that's great!! Ugh, I almost can't wait for IVF now. This process feels like a slow death sometimes! OK, that might be a little melodramatic, but you know what I mean. Marie, which doc do you go to? I'm going to Copperman.

Us - unexplained (DH's morph is 6% but count and motility are good)

My treatment plan:

Currently in TWW after 1st IUI on Clomid, 100 mg (2 follies, one on each side), ovidrel trigger and endometrin. IUI was not well timed.

Next - same as above- but I'm going to ask for 2 back to back.

After that - IUI with injectables

If all 3 IUIs fail, onto IVF.

Marie! Everything crossed for your bfp. Daisy also goes to RMA in NY :)

What was your DH's specific issue? Mine was diagnosed with low morphology (2%). We just got the test results. Count and motility were fine, but morphology, not so much.

His count ranges from 8 mil to 18 mil (it improved when he quit smoking) but morph & motility are about half of what they should be so when you add it all up, probably about 5 mil perfect sperm. I've heard of women getting BFP with under 3 mil sperm in IUI but it is kind of a long shot. If your dh count is high, it might help even things out a bit. My dr always told me I should be grateful he is at least producing some sperm because there are always options, some men have none and then there is no hope. GL to you!

Hi ladies!! I'm a former Jersey Girl, now transplanted in PA I go to RMA of PA in Allentown, PA
I'm in my TWW after my first IUI I didn't use Clomid, they chose injectibles for me Gonal F and Ovidrel trigger, DH's counts were very high they told me I should give him a prize. I had HSG everything was good, only thing they found was an underactive thyroid, which I was put on Synthroid for. I'm keeping you ladies in my thoughts and prayers and wish tons and tons of :dust: to you all.

Welcome Jerseygirl! Where abouts in PA is your RMA office. I forgot they have offices in PA as well. Good luck in your TWW I hope this results in your BFP

Hi Ladies - West Orange and Morristown RMA girl here. I'm 33 DH is 31, We went through testing in Sept - everything including semen came back normal. Fast forward 6 months later and still not pregnant. I called RMA yesterday to schedule an appointment to start talking about IUI. Hopefully it works!

TryingNJ - I know a girl on here who goes to West Orange office and she just got her BFP on her first cycle. She got in the IVF clinical study they have at RMA. Good luck at your appointment. Let us know how it goes.

Hi ladies. Can I join? I'm actually going to RMA NY (more convenient for us) but live in NJ. GL to us all!

Welcome DaisyQ!

Marie, I didn't know our clinic's success rate is 60% with 2 embies - that's great!! Ugh, I almost can't wait for IVF now. This process feels like a slow death sometimes! OK, that might be a little melodramatic, but you know what I mean. Marie, which doc do you go to? I'm going to Copperman.

Us - unexplained (DH's morph is 6% but count and motility are good)

My treatment plan:

Currently in TWW after 1st IUI on Clomid, 100 mg (2 follies, one on each side), ovidrel trigger and endometrin. IUI was not well timed.

Next - same as above- but I'm going to ask for 2 back to back.

After that - IUI with injectables

If all 3 IUIs fail, onto IVF.

I go to Dr. Klein. He is in both the White Plains office & NYC. I do most of my b/w & u/s in White Plains but have to got to NYC for certain procedures and if anything falls on a weekend. No..."slow death" is pretty accurate lol. I don't know if they told you but my dr is big on statistics & he said IUI has a 20% success rate which is pretty good as long as the woman is on fertility meds and dh has no major problems. I think it's good to try 3 IUIs before going to IVF so you are on the right track & maybe you will be one of the lucky ones :)

Hi ladies!! I'm a former Jersey Girl, now transplanted in PA I go to RMA of PA in Allentown, PA
I'm in my TWW after my first IUI I didn't use Clomid, they chose injectibles for me Gonal F and Ovidrel trigger, DH's counts were very high they told me I should give him a prize. I had HSG everything was good, only thing they found was an underactive thyroid, which I was put on Synthroid for. I'm keeping you ladies in my thoughts and prayers and wish tons and tons of :dust: to you all.

Welcome Jerseygirl! Where abouts in PA is your RMA office. I forgot they have offices in PA as well. Good luck in your TWW I hope this results in your BFP

Hi Ladies - West Orange and Morristown RMA girl here. I'm 33 DH is 31, We went through testing in Sept - everything including semen came back normal. Fast forward 6 months later and still not pregnant. I called RMA yesterday to schedule an appointment to start talking about IUI. Hopefully it works!

TryingNJ - I know a girl on here who goes to West Orange office and she just got her BFP on her first cycle. She got in the IVF clinical study they have at RMA. Good luck at your appointment. Let us know how it goes.

Hi ladies. Can I join? I'm actually going to RMA NY (more convenient for us) but live in NJ. GL to us all!

Welcome DaisyQ!

Thank you BlueStorm :flower: The PA location is in Allentown PA it's an hour and 10 minute drive from where I live

I am always thankful that my DH at least has sperm like your doc said. I have a friend whose DH has no sperm and they had to use donor. At least they have that option but I feel lucky even though his morphology is below 1% I know that ICSI will work!

Yes during our IVF consult they told me that they have a 60% success rate which I think is great. They also said they have a 98% success rate when they thaw frozen embies. Just some more information I thougth was pretty good.

Marie - I was going to do a third IUI but couldn't really swing it financially so now just waitng for insurance to kick in so we can move onto IVF. I dont think I could go thru one more IUI TWW and turn up with a BFN :cry:

DasiyQ - I would def ask for a b2b IUI next time, I thought that seemed like normal protocol for RMA but I guess each case is different.

Thanks Marie - I love the statistics! I was figuring a ~12-15% chance of success (each attempt) with Clomid and 2 eggs - I think the higher rate of success is with injectables because they produce better quality eggs, and more of them. I wonder if the 20% is a general number he quoted, or specific to RMA. Did you do IUI with clomid or injectables?

Wow over an hour drive! That's a long drive for morning monitoring :coffee:

DasiyQ - I would def ask for a b2b IUI next time, I thought that seemed like normal protocol for RMA but I guess each case is different.

I had asked my doctor about it initially, but he said that the success rate of one well timed IUI is about the same as 2 back to back, so he prefers just to do the one. I said OK, assuming it would be well timed like he said!

I did the trigger 24 hours before the IUI, not 36 like a lot of other ladies. It's because they triggered me in the office, right after my ultrasound. I went in the next day and the IUI was exactly 25 hours after trigger. He did not do an ultra sound that day to confirm I was ovulating (but honestly, I don't know how much they can tell from the US when you are in the process of ovulating?). The next day, I did not get my temperature rise. I went in that morning (freaking out) for blood work and another US. From the US, the doc said I had ovulated. However, my progesterone came back so low (1.2) that the nurse said I had not yet ovulated at the time of the blood work, and that I must be ovulating that day. Sure enough, the next day (two days after the IUI), I got my temp shift, indicating that my IUI preceeded ovulation by a day or so. I know that it's not so grim, we did BD the night of the IUI and for a few days after, but still, it's not like the IUI was even peformed on my O day. Blech. The reason they do the IUI 24 hours after trigger, is that they say ovulation occurs 36 hours after trigger. Apparently not for me! For me, it's more like 48 hours after trigger. :grr:

Wow over an hour drive! That's a long drive for morning monitoring :coffee:

I have to commute into NY too for monitoring and it takes me 60-90 minutes! Arughghgh! At least it's convenient for DH when it's IUI time.

The whole timing of the IUI's is very stressful. I was always obsessed with trying to figure out if I ovlulated at the right time or not. The first time I was convinced that I didn't ovulate and then my progesterone came back on the low side so then I convinced myself that I must not have ovulated until 2 days after the IUI. Ughhh..

See!!! OMG. Totally. So stressful!!!

I agree. My first back to back werent timed right at all....its such stress, isnt it? I told my doc now that I am at RMA that I was worried about this and she specifically told me to stop temping/monitoring since it will be completely in their hands. I am excited to do this injectable cycle but hoping that its timed right. The stress is beyond, so I totally can relate. GRRRRR

It's beyond the beyond. I haven't had a chance yet to discuss the conflicting results (ovulation on US, but not on blood work), but you can bet I will, next time I see him for an US!!

I KNOW you will, ha! You will get that doc to do whatever you say! I love love love it.

:thumbup: He better, if he knows whats good for him. I can always bring in the big guns. My DH! :bodyb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->