Calling all RMA Ladies (1st page updates)

Thanks Marie - I love the statistics! I was figuring a ~12-15% chance of success (each attempt) with Clomid and 2 eggs - I think the higher rate of success is with injectables because they produce better quality eggs, and more of them. I wonder if the 20% is a general number he quoted, or specific to RMA. Did you do IUI with clomid or injectables?

I was on clomid for the IUIs & i got 3,5,5 mature eggs in each cycle but i guess it wasn't enough :( Now that i did injectibles with the ivf, the side effects are actually not as bad as the clomid. I had horrible mood swings & was so emotional on the clomid. Now, only a small fraction of that. With this cycle, i had 30 folllies growing but the dr thought that was too many & so cut down my meds & i ended up with 13 eggs. They don't want to put u at risk for ohss but i really wanted more...still waiting to see if i will have any frosties from the remaining 3 embies but doubtful.
The timing of the iui was stressful but my dr assured me u have a 48 hour window & it doesn't matter if the sperm are waiting for the egg or they have to chase it. I always ov after my iui but usually sometime that day. I try to believe in my dr but it is in my nature to question everything!

Me too sister, me too! I question EVERYTHING. Thanks for the all info. Wow, you really had a great response to Clomid! Lots of follies!

:dust: :dust: :dust:

Bluestorm - i agree to skip the 3rd iui (just my opinion). I wanted to go right to ivf but dh insisted to try a 3rd iui 1st. it's easy for him but we're the ones who have to obsess over the symptoms or lack there of for another month. I actually never wanted to do any iuis since our success rates were so low for our situation butc when dh count went up a little, we cancelled the ivf and tried the iuis. Are u doing iui #2 now or it already happened?

I already did 2nd iui in feb. I am now waiting to start ivf in may once my new insurance starts. I know what u mean about dh not really understanding how hard the tww is on us. I wish they could experience it just once!

finally finished all the paperwork and will send it out tomorrow. It wasn't a lot of paperwork, but I just kept putting it off.

Helena - when is your appointment again? Glad you got the paperwork out of the way

Hello ladies, i am a graduate of RMA. I first went to them in 2007. I was going to the office in west orange. I wenzt straight to IVF. 1 failed cycle and 1 frozen cycle. I found the frozen cycle to be much less complicated. It was much more gentle on the body. Less bloating. I ended up pregnant with twin boys. RMA has a very friendly staff and they are very professional. I would refer them to anyone who's TTC

April 16th! Coming sooner than I thought it would...

Posibility thank you for writing in. I'm sure this will give all of us a boost. :flower:

Possibility thanks for that positive review! I think it makes all of us RMA'ers feel much better!

Yes, thanks posibility! I started at a different clinic and felt like I was being ripped off and they would be disappointed if I got pg bc then the money making for them would be over. I really feel like they are trying all in their power at RMA to get you pg and the prices are a little high but fair. I would definitely recommend them to anybody.

Marie, I agree! I went to another RE before I went to RMA and he was not that great. I came in every week for b/w and my IUI was not monitored or timed well. To say the least, he was just after the $$ I think!

Wow over an hour drive! That's a long drive for morning monitoring :coffee:
BlueStorm
It's definitely a long ride, but worth it's worth it, when I do morning monitoring I leave my house by 5:30 AM to get there for 7 to get back on the road and be at work by 9!! Then I'm usually falling asleep those nights on the couch by 8pm!!

I caved and tested early. Bfn. Feel devastated, desolate. Wish dh was around to comfort me, but he's in Chicago until tomorrow night. :cry:

Posibility - Thanks so much for the encouraging words. It's nice to hear girls that have had sucess for sure.

Helena - Yay April 16th will be here before you know it.

Jerseygirl - No worries I am usually asleep on the couch at 8 and I don't have to do that long drive :dohh:

I caved and tested early. Bfn. Feel devastated, desolate. Wish dh was around to comfort me, but he's in Chicago until tomorrow night. :cry:

Daisy how many dpiui are you? I'm sorry your DH is not around to comfort you but you aren't out until AF shows up.

Btw - I changed the title of this thread to just RMA since we have more then jersey girls on here :winkwink:

Dukers - hugs for you....I am sorry. You are not out yet, but if for some reason it is negative, you will be moving onto your 2nd IUI and one step closer....its a hard journey sometimes, but we are here to comfort you in DH's absence. Let it all out girl

Oh, Daisy, Im so sorry!! Maybe it is too early. How many dpiui are you? :hugs:

Wow over an hour drive! That's a long drive for morning monitoring :coffee:

I have to commute into NY too for monitoring and it takes me 60-90 minutes! Arughghgh! At least it's convenient for DH when it's IUI time.

Sorry about the BFN, try again tomorrow with another test just to be sure. Are you from upstate NY bc you could do your monitoring in White Plains, it would save you about 30 minutes depending on where you are from. I'm not sure how it works but they let me go to either WP or NYC. GL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->