Calories during pregnancy

Ask for a referral to a nutritionist. Tell your Dr about your eating disorder if you haven't already. You are going to need help to find a balance and get enough calories. :hug: Protein is extremely important as well as fresh fruits and veg. 2300 calories is about what you need. Because you are actually underweight you should gain about 30-35 lbs during this pregnancy. You will need this to build a healthy baby but it is going to be hard for you because your mind is going to fight it. Please get some help so that you can overcome this :hugs:

I know it must be really hard dealing with an eating disorder but especially daunting to be pregnant as well. Do talk to your doctor and ask if he can suggest some treatment for anorexia at the get go. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

yeah...i struggled with binging and purging a LOT pre preg. so what i suggest is stand on the scale backwards at the docs..and FORGET the weight. i'm dead serious. forget it. it's about baby now and eating more will prevent miscarriage. you need the weight. research it..it scared me into eating healthy. baby could have a low IQ, die, starve..if you don't get enough.

get a referral to a nutritionist from the doc too :) i know it's so tough thinking about gaining. and remember you can lose after baby is born. :hugs:

Thank u all for your support. I will talk to my doc about everything. I used to purge as well but thankfully stopped a long time ago. I always eat high protein so that should help and have been taking prenatals for 4 months prior to conceiving. See doc on tuesday!! Thank god:) have a great day everyone!!!

so excited for you!! you've definately got your head on straight and are gonna be a great mom!

Just wanted to let you all know that my doctor said my calorie intake was fine for now since im not throwing up and to just listen to my body and eat when i feel hungry:) I was very happy to hear that!! i feel a lot less stressed about it now. Have my 1st ultrasound on nov 30th so im super excited about that! hope everyone out there is having a good week and feeling good. thanks again for all of your support!

sorry.. popping over from 3rd,
honestly, i wouldn't even stress about counting calories during pregnancy .. that's going to drive you insane! i use to be a crazzzy crazy calorie counter and it drove me nuts at the worst of times.
the main thing is that every time you are hungry, you eat untill you are full .. and you make good food decisions .. ie make sure you're getting all your servings from the 4 food groups.

i really think if you eat nutritious meals, and you eat when your hungry, and stop when you are full .. you will get exactly what you and the LO needs and there will be no need to worry about calories

i know its probably going to be hard because of what you've struggled with, but i wish you sooo much luck. go with what your doctor says, they'll know what's best for you :hugs:

Just wanted to let you all know that my doctor said my calorie intake was fine for now since im not throwing up and to just listen to my body and eat when i feel hungry:) I was very happy to hear that!! i feel a lot less stressed about it now. Have my 1st ultrasound on nov 30th so im super excited about that! hope everyone out there is having a good week and feeling good. thanks again for all of your support!

I struggled with anorexia and bulimia too for a long time and I now have hypothyroidism so I gain weight if I eat more than 1000 calories per day. I'm in the middle of my first IVF cycle and stressing like crazy because I don't want to possibly harm or lose a future pregnancy by eating too few of calories but I know if I eat 1500 per day I'll gain too much weight too quickly. I'll talk to my OBGYN when it comes to it but for now I'll say 1200 sounds good :)

Don't count calories and eat 3 good size meals and snacks in between. Eat when you're hungry and make sure you're gaining weight steadily. I've also suffered from eating disorders and it's hard now that I'm pregnant to know I'll keep on piling weight but if it's put on in a healthy balanced way it'll go down after you've the baby.

1200 is too little though, it'll put your body in very low metabolism and over time you'll need to eat less and less calories cause your metabolism will be shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->