Can anyone help me?

Hi

I'm the one AG is talking about. I was a stone under where I felt comfortable when I was BF and a size 8. I saw the HV numerous times about it because I was so worried. My weight plummeted after I had the children and eventually settled at a stone under.

I felt dreadful. Far too thin with hips and ribs and collar bone sticking out. My HV couldn't suggest anything other than eating unhealthily which I didn't want to do. In the end I just had to live with it. When I gave up BF at 8 months I thought the weight would come piling back on but it didn't. Probably took another 6-8 months to get back to where I felt comfortable.

I guess part of the reason was the BF but also the running around and loads of walking I was doing with them. I had an office based job before sat on my bum all day!

Have you stopped losing weight or is it still coming off?

Sorry I realise this isn't all that helpful but I do sympathise totally with what you are going through. First time in my life I had some sympathy with posh spice! :lol:

I seemed to loose a stone quite quickly, which I could just about cope with. But the other day, I suddenly just seemed thinner. My clothes seemed to suddenly start hanging off me and I feel so gangly. That's when the comments started too. I haven't weighed myself since then (I'd lost another 1/2 stone) as it's too soon. I'm trying not to obsess, but it's horrible when you can feel your hip bones digging onto your jeans waistline. I'm finding it quite soul destroying at the moment.:cry:

Aw it's rotten, isn't it? :hugs:I found I couldn't lie on my side because my knees were too bony and it hurt.

People are so rude about it. I found the concerned look, followed by "don't you think you've lost enough weight?" type comments hardest. :hissy:It's not like I meant to get this damn thin!

Carry on as you are. Don't give up the BF till you are ready. Keep eating healthily as you are. You'll get your curves back eventually and in the end it will just seem like a short period of your life. I put it down to one of those sacrifices you make for your children like the stretch marks and the saggy boobs that some people get.

The HV told me it was 500 calories per child per day on BFing, so with two for me it was 1000 calories and it was impossible to make that kind of deficit up.

It wouldn't hurt to go see your doc or HV as sudden weight loss is worrying, but TBH don't be expecting too much sympathy from them. I just got a lot of "haha lucky you, as much chocolate as you like".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->