Can anyone help me?

XKatX

Reaction score
I am really struggling at the moment. Since I had Oliver and I am breastfeeding, I have lost so much weight. Great, you may think!! Noooooooooo - so bad. I am 1 1/2 stone lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight. I was 12 stone, now 10 1/2 stone and nearly 6foot. The weight is just dropping off me and I feel horrible. I feel like my hips are sticking out and everyone keeps commenting on how thin I am now. It is getting me so down. The thing is, I'm not sure what to do about my diet. I eat 3 sensible meals a day. Cereal with fruit for breakfast, toast mid morning (always at least 1 slice with peanut butter on, for a bit of energy). I tend to eat sandwiches, or pasta for lunch and a main meal in the evening. Normally something with potatoes and veg, or a pasta meal. I do eat crap in between all this though! Tonnes of chocolate and crisps.
So how can I put some weight back on? I can't physically eat any more. And I don't have time to be making any complex meals.
I know this may seem a bit trivial to some of you, but it's up setting me so much, that I :cry: when I got out of the shower this morning.
Thanks in advance if anyone can help me.

:hugs: this happened with a friend of mine, shes a member on here so ill forward on the link to her for some advice.

This happened to my cousin as well...I have no advice sorry..but I can understand that it must suck...even though I'm struggling with too much weight right now. But it's all about body image right? I'm sure things will get better once you stop BF'ing!
:hugs:

:hugs:

I'm sure when you've stopped BF you won't be losing so much. I don't know what else to say :( Wish I had an answer for you xx

I did read you can lose more weight if you're dehydrated. Don't know if you're drinking enough?

wot bout going to ur docs ,he may be able to prescribe u some high cal drinks hun, explain to him how worried u are etc

sry not much help :hugs:

aww sorry hun i duno wat to suggest other then eating more high fat/kcal stuff. if it is still worrying u then id defo go docs u shudnt have to feel like this xxx

I did read you can lose more weight if you're dehydrated. Don't know if you're drinking enough?

Oh, thats a thought. I tried making myelf a big jug of juice to drink over the day the other day, but I failed miserably!! Perhaps if it helps with weight gain, I should stick to it.
Thanks Tor x x

aww sorry hun i duno wat to suggest other then eating more high fat/kcal stuff. if it is still worrying u then id defo go docs u shudnt have to feel like this xxx

Thats the annoying thing. I think I only feel like this because of these nasty things people say. I was looking in the mirror this morning and I don't think I look that bad. Yes I may look a little underweight - but not in an anorexic looking type way. Why do people have to be so nasty? They so easily say awful things to me, that they would never say to an overweight person, but for some reason, it's ok to be rude to my face.

Oh Kat I'm sorry other people are saying these things to you. My friend went through this and it was actually the pill doing it for some reason. No matter what she ate she couldn't put on weight. She'd been on the pill before getting pregnant and had been fine but for some reason afterwards she lost weight. She stopped the pill and put the weight back on. Don't know if you're on the pill and it probably sounds daft cos usually you put on weight but for some reason my friend went the opposite way. Other than that all I suggest is a trip to the docs but like others have said it's probably down to BF. It does take alot of calories I've heard. Your diet sounds fine so you're obviuosly eating well x

Just realised you can't be on the pill can you when BFing. Sound dumb now don't I! x

I think anyway??? I'm just sounding dumb lol! x

Just realised you can't be on the pill can you when BFing. Sound dumb now don't I! x
Yes hun, I'm on the mini-pill! I may mention it when I go for my review. I hadn't thought of that, so thanks!!!

No one has any right to be rude about your weight, no matter what it is!

I completely understand where you're coming from. Before I had Faith and Ollie I was 8st and IMO I was slim but not skinny. I had a friend who said I looked ill. I got upset but tried to ignore it but it's hard isn't it. I'm 9st now so by no means a skinny minnie anymore! Incidently said friend dieted and got to 8st herself and then got annoyed cos everyone said she as too skinny! She couldn't understand it till I said "it's only what you said to me" and she understood how I felt then. Hope it's all sorted soon as I know how horrible people's words can be xxx

Hi

I'm the one AG is talking about. I was a stone under where I felt comfortable when I was BF and a size 8. I saw the HV numerous times about it because I was so worried. My weight plummeted after I had the children and eventually settled at a stone under.

I felt dreadful. Far too thin with hips and ribs and collar bone sticking out. My HV couldn't suggest anything other than eating unhealthily which I didn't want to do. In the end I just had to live with it. When I gave up BF at 8 months I thought the weight would come piling back on but it didn't. Probably took another 6-8 months to get back to where I felt comfortable.

I guess part of the reason was the BF but also the running around and loads of walking I was doing with them. I had an office based job before sat on my bum all day!

Have you stopped losing weight or is it still coming off?

Sorry I realise this isn't all that helpful but I do sympathise totally with what you are going through. First time in my life I had some sympathy with posh spice! :lol:

Hi

I'm the one AG is talking about. I was a stone under where I felt comfortable when I was BF and a size 8. I saw the HV numerous times about it because I was so worried. My weight plummeted after I had the children and eventually settled at a stone under.

I felt dreadful. Far too thin with hips and ribs and collar bone sticking out. My HV couldn't suggest anything other than eating unhealthily which I didn't want to do. In the end I just had to live with it. When I gave up BF at 8 months I thought the weight would come piling back on but it didn't. Probably took another 6-8 months to get back to where I felt comfortable.

I guess part of the reason was the BF but also the running around and loads of walking I was doing with them. I had an office based job before sat on my bum all day!

Have you stopped losing weight or is it still coming off?

Sorry I realise this isn't all that helpful but I do sympathise totally with what you are going through. First time in my life I had some sympathy with posh spice! :lol:

I seemed to loose a stone quite quickly, which I could just about cope with. But the other day, I suddenly just seemed thinner. My clothes seemed to suddenly start hanging off me and I feel so gangly. That's when the comments started too. I haven't weighed myself since then (I'd lost another 1/2 stone) as it's too soon. I'm trying not to obsess, but it's horrible when you can feel your hip bones digging onto your jeans waistline. I'm finding it quite soul destroying at the moment.:cry:

oh kat, firstly big big :hugs: def. go to the doctors honey :hugs: grr i hate it when people think they can be rude about weight! no matter what! i do kind of understand - my mum is very thin, but during times of stress and illness she has actually lost a lot of weight and the doc said - 'so, most women would be pleased' :grr: not that point!!! sending some really big :hugs: x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->