• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can I ask?

A

AppleBlossom

I am really really struggling for money at the moment and so the fact that Jason doesn't pay me the amount of maintenance he should be is taking its toll. I originally just said, sod it, it's on his conscience, but I need that extra money so badly. I know he gets £24,000 a year and I imagine he takes home around £18,000 or thereabouts. He pays me at least £40 under what he should anyway. But when I asked him about it he said he actually pays me over. I get £160 a month. So anyway, back to the point, I asked today if he could tell me what he takes home after tax so I could work out how much he underpays me by. And he kept saying "What do you need it for? Why should I give it to you?" And then after a few hours decided to tell me he didn't know. We don't go through CSA, he said he had worked out how much to give me and so I just assumed it was right and let him do it by private agreement (he didn't want to go through CSA and wouldn't even sign a private agreement form they sent me to state what he pays but not sure why.) Am I actually allowed to know his income or can he just say "I'm not telling you" and there's nothing I can do about it?

:hugs:

I'm not 100% because things may well have changed since I had all this crap BUT I think you're screwed unless you go through the CSA then you will know his earnings from the statement they send to you both. It used to be that if you went through them you were screwed (again) if you we on any benefits as they would take what he owned you in lieu of benefits. That might have changed though. :?

x

Thanks hun, I always hear bad things about CSA. He is really adamant about not going through them so even if I did contact them I don't think he would co-operate... or would he have to?

If he's being awkward just tell him you'll take it to the CSA then and let them sort what your entitled to

He wont get a choice, if he doesnt co operate they will take him to court

If he gets £24k, he gets £1,530.40 a month after tax, which is £353.17 a week.

If ur on benefits and u go through the CSA they will take some of the money off you because you arent allowed much more than ur benefits. So best to stay private if u can, tho dont tell him.

He would have no choice hun. It might not happen quickly but eventually it will get sorted. It took me about 8 years. My OH knew the system as he had a mate who worked for the DSS and he told him all the fiddles. He started off having Em 3 nights a week claiming that he just wanted to see her. When she was just 2 yrs old and spending one night with me and the next night there, the poor little bugger didnt know where she bloody lived. :( I told him I wanted it to be once mid week and once at the weekend for her stabilities sake. He wouldnt agree to it at first but then did as long as I swore on her life no to tell the CSA.....why? Because if they stay 3 nights rather than 2 then they pay 50% of the amount.....I didn't tell them for 8 years.....then I like you thought, f*** you, we need that money.

The CSA has been a total night mare. He said he'd kill himself if he had to pay anymore and so they left him alone for 6 months....god I could go on and on......

Anyhooooo......personally I wish I had gone to them and told the truth from the get go. We were never gonna be friends so I dont know what I was going to achieve by keeping him sweet....

Thanks Nic, do you know that for definate? Because surely if he doesn't know what he takes home he couldn't possibly have worked out how much maintenance he is supposed to give me :shrug:

Argh, ok so basically the CSA are still pains in the arses?

God Lisa, what a prat!

I mean I know I'm lucky to get any at all but if I'm entitled to more I damn well want it!

Yep, 100% for definite, and he'll know exactly how much he takes home as he'll have paychecks.

https://www.listentotaxman.com

If ur on benefits and u go through the CSA they will take some of the money off you because you arent allowed much more than ur benefits. So best to stay private if u can, tho dont tell him.

This is the problem with going through the CSA if you are getting benefits. They take his money and keep is as they see that THEY (the state) are supporting you. It's only if you are supporting yourself or have a private arrangement that you'll get the money :(

I'd threaten him with CSA and see what he's gotta say for himself. You could always go the citizens advice bereau first and get some info, that way when you go to Jason you sound informed.

I dont know anyone on the planet who has a job who doesnt know how much money they earn .... funny thing called a payslip comes each month :rolleyes:

Plus the tax year not long finished so he would of had his P60 through too

He's full of crap

That listentotaxman didnt get mine or my hubby's earnings right when we used it recently.....but to be fair they werent a million miles out.

Well based on that info I should get £53 a week, so £212 a month, just over £50 more than he gives me

Get to the CSA Bexy. Even if you dont see any of it he should pay the right amount and once you are working you'll have him by the nuts and the CSA will still deal with it only you'll get it all.

I dont know anyone on the planet who has a job who doesnt know how much money they earn .... funny thing called a payslip comes each month :rolleyes:

Plus the tax year not long finished so he would of had his P60 through too

He's full of crap

Funny, on the CSA calculator which he supposedly used he would have to know his income after tax in order to work out how much maintenance he should pay.... lying either way lol

This is the problem with going through the CSA if you are getting benefits. They take his money and keep is as they see that THEY (the state) are supporting you. It's only if you are supporting yourself or have a private arrangement that you'll get the money :(

That's rubbish isn't it?!! :grr:

Just thinking about it I'm not sure whether he gets £24,000 or £26,000... and I know that once he finished his training he went up to £30,000.... not sure when he finishes/finished training though

Another thing they take into account is if he contributes to a pension scheme. My ex took out a second pension just so his payments were reduced.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->