• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can I ask?

Not sure. Maybe CAB? Unfortunately the only person I 'knew' who knew how it worked was my ex's mate.....so you can see how he manages to work the system to his advantage.....

Ok well I'll give the cab a try in the week anyway. If he has spoken to the csa would they know how much income support I'm getting? Because I don't get an awful lot

I REALLY dont think he's talked to the CSA. I could be wrong. He'll have gone online and found some calculator and gone from that probably. I dont think he's dare to ask the CSA direct. It's like you dont wanna get them involved even by asking hypothetical questions and ending up worse of but he's the same - he wont wanna have them picking HIM up on their radar either iyswim.

I dont think that the amount of IS you get matters. You'll be getting the amount to fit your circumstances iyswim

As i tried to explain based on your other thread about the amount of income support you get you wouldn't end up with any more money overall even if you did take it to the CSA. The CSA are known for not being fabulous, so you're best not getting them involved if possible really, they've always been shit to my mum. But because the rest of your income comes from the government you will never be allowed to keep more than £20 per week of the maintenance jason gives you. So if his maintenance went up by £40 per month your IS would decrease £40 per month.

As you said earlier, only worth it in terms of getting one over on him, you won't benefit.

P.S- slight hint, perhaps stating the obvious, if you have benefit related questions why not ask your friend who works for them?! :p

ETA: Just looked on the government website based on him earning 24k a year and paying off student loan which he now will be this is what it said:

The weekly amount of child maintenance is approximately: £43

If you're claiming income-related benefits and you receive child maintenance, you may not receive the full amount of benefits from Jobcentre Plus. You are allowed to keep up to £20 per week of child maintenance before it affects your benefits. By law, if you claim benefits you must tell Jobcentre Plus about any child maintenance you receive

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->