can we eat wesleydale and stilton cheese?

MrsQ

Mummy to Mikey and bump
Reaction score
As i love that wesleydale with cranberries and stilton with apricot at xmas on crackers with grapes mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

x

Stilton is blue cheese, right? I don't think that's recommanded. I don't know about the other one, though!

On the other hand, you're 37+2 weeks, so pack some in your maternity suitcase! ;)

I just posted in someone elses thread about parmesan! I am a cheese fiend!!!

I have been following the advice on here from the food standards agency:

https://www.eatwell.gov.uk/agesandstages/pregnancy/whenyrpregnant/

I believe wenselydale is fine but stilton is a no no.

hey mrs q hows the pre eclamsia/bp secnario?? I finally got let out from hospital yesterday, my bp rocketed and they wouldnt let me out! The plan is to induce in about a week to ten days, i need to get to 37 weeks so its not premature.
as far as cheese goes, stilton is a no no but wensleydale is fine Im sure, there is no live mould or anything as far as I know, its similar to cheddar isnt it? i love it too...yummmm!

yep to the wensleydale I had some with cranberries the other day yum yum - I will miss my blue cheese though boooooooooo

Stilton with Apricots is a white cheese. You can get blue stilton and white stilton (without the mold). I am going to say you'll be fine.

I sooooooooo want some stilton but nope we can't have it!! Not long to go until we can gorge hehe....mind you, if your BFing maybe you'd still need to be careful with cheese I dunno! xx

The stilton with apricot is white Stilton but I think it's still mould-ripened so would avoid it just in case. Have to agree though it's bloody lovely! I've been dreaming about Brie lately and I swear I'm gonna go stark-raving mad if I don't have some soon. Hopefully 7 weeks to go and I can stuff myself silly with it!! :happydance: :mrgreen:

yea the stilton with apricots is white and its as fit as!!!

hondagirl- everything seems to be ok at the moment bp was a bit high on wednesday at check up but midwife wasnt overly concerned. My heart rate was also a bit high but again not overly concerned.
Hope you make it to 37 weeks although if its an consolation, my friend had a baby at 36+1 a few weeks ago and was out within 6 hours with baby!
xxxx

The stilton with apricot is white Stilton but I think it's still mould-ripened so would avoid it just in case. Have to agree though it's bloody lovely! I've been dreaming about Brie lately and I swear I'm gonna go stark-raving mad if I don't have some soon. Hopefully 7 weeks to go and I can stuff myself silly with it!! :happydance: :mrgreen:

Is brie you find in the UK made from unpasteurized cheese? It's funny how things can differ from country to country... Here, brie is one of the most common cheeses and you can find many kinds, from totally tasteless and processed to unpasteurized and made in a little farm in France! :) I guess it's comparable to cheddar in the UK on the "common" front.

Is brie you find in the UK made from unpasteurized cheese? It's funny how things can differ from country to country... Here, brie is one of the most common cheeses and you can find many kinds, from totally tasteless and processed to unpasteurized and made in a little farm in France! :) I guess it's comparable to cheddar in the UK on the "common" front.

Most of the Brie's you find here are unpasteurized, I've not come across any that aren't but I tend to just go to the supermarket. There are some little delis around that may stock different kinds of brie's. If I get that desparate I might give em a look. Thanks :thumbup: xx

Unfortunately for us, unpasteurized versions are usually better and more authentic... :( Does anyone know if we can eat unpasteurized cheese while BFing by the way?

now thats another mindfield.
x

I was eating white stilton with apricots yesterday....

(feel ok today)

I went on the theory that it didn't have the blue mould bits

i work in a cheese export company and we sell loads of this it doesnt have the same mould cultures in it as the blue stilton so should be fine - by now though you've probably already eaten it lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->