Can you spare 30 minutes to help us find out more about child behaviour?

riasmith

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

My name is Ria Smith and I am a medical student at Imperial College London. As part of my fourth year of training, I am working with child behaviour experts at Imperial College to complete a study about the behaviour of young children.

Behavioural difficulties are common in childhood, even in children as young as one or two years old. Children will often grow out of some of these problems, but if they persist they can lead to longer-term difficulties. If children can be assessed early and effectively, any problems can be managed earlier giving the best chance for a happy and healthy outcome. Our project is aiming to learn how best to assess behavioural problems in young children. We would like to compare two standard questionnaires of child behaviour, to see which is the most acceptable and useful.

We are looking for parents or guardians with a child aged between 12-24 months old to take part in a simple online survey that will take approximately 25-30 minutes to complete.

You can read more information about the study on the study website. After clicking on the survey link below you will be asked to give your consent to take part in the study before completing any questions. You will not be asked to give any names, addresses or other identifiable information as the study is anonymous. You will be asked to complete a series of questions about your child’s behaviour and to rate how easy you found each of the questions to complete.

Once you have completed the questionnaire, you will not be contacted in any way. However, you can keep track of the study at the study website.

If you have any questions about the study or would like to speak to a member of the study team, please email me ([email protected]) and I will respond as soon as possible.

To start completing the survey, please click here.

Thank you for your time and interest.

Ria Smith

Hey guys! Thanks so much for your help so far - it's great to see people writing comments as to how they found the two behaviour questionnaires. This is extremely useful when we analyse our data.

I really hope I can get more responses - the more we have, the better our study will be.

Thanks again - and please keep doing the survey if you can!

My guy is just a tiny bit over two, i tried to do it, but it wouldn't let me fill it out :(

Hi fieryphoenix! Thanks so much for your interest.

As I mentioned in the original post, unfortunately we are looking for children aged 12-24 months. I understand that yours is only just over 24 months, but I made the survey so that if you state that your child is over 24 months or under 12 months, the survey will end. This is to make sure that your child fits the criteria.

I'm sorry you couldn't take part and again, I really appreciate your interest. Perhaps you could share with any friends/family you have that may fit the criteria?

Thanks,

Ria

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"