Canadian Ladies!! 1st, 2nd and 3rd trimesters.... Now everyone can stay in touch!

Hey ladies!

I wasn't hoping for some advice.. I'm going in for my very first dr. appointment at 6weeks, on April 30. I imagine not too much happens at this initial appointment.. but can anyone tell me what to expect. Did you get booked for any ultrasounds at this appointment, i know its early for one now, but I am hoping they will give me a date so I have something to look forward too!

I live in Saskatchewan as well!

Hello! I'm in Saskatchewan as well. I had the option for a first trimester ultrasound, but chose just to do the one at 20 weeks. Now I'm 31 weeks!! time has flown!

Ad me to the Sask girls list!

I had an U/S at 6 weeks... but only because we had used fertility drugs and that's protocol. Lots of my friends only had the 20 weeks scan... so I think it all depends on your DR/Gyno? They will give you a date for your next appt tho! So you will have something to look forward too:flower:

Blech, what a horrible night! I had a headache and felt extrememly sick. I had to get up in the middle of the night to eat some rice cakes so I wouldn't throw up. The headache is still hanging around too today... I couldn't get to sleep it hurt so bad - I miss my Advil!

Hey ladies!

I wasn't hoping for some advice.. I'm going in for my very first dr. appointment at 6weeks, on April 30. I imagine not too much happens at this initial appointment.. but can anyone tell me what to expect. Did you get booked for any ultrasounds at this appointment, i know its early for one now, but I am hoping they will give me a date so I have something to look forward too!

I live in Saskatchewan as well!

Hello! I'm in Saskatchewan as well. I had the option for a first trimester ultrasound, but chose just to do the one at 20 weeks. Now I'm 31 weeks!! time has flown!

Ad me to the Sask girls list!

I had an U/S at 6 weeks... but only because we had used fertility drugs and that's protocol. Lots of my friends only had the 20 weeks scan... so I think it all depends on your DR/Gyno? They will give you a date for your next appt tho! So you will have something to look forward too:flower:

Thanks ladies!

20 weeks is sooo long! I really hope time starts moving faster! haha

Snowgal and Feb4th2011- One more quick question, did either of you ladies hear the heartbeat before your ultrasound at 20 weeks? Do they do that?

This is obviously my first pregnancy! I'm clueless and ridiculously excited!

Snowgal and Feb4th2011- One more quick question, did either of you ladies hear the heartbeat before your ultrasound at 20 weeks? Do they do that?

Yup! I heard it at my 12 week appt and then at my 16 week appt. I think she will check every appt? But i don't know for sure?

Blech, what a horrible night! I had a headache and felt extrememly sick. I had to get up in the middle of the night to eat some rice cakes so I wouldn't throw up. The headache is still hanging around too today... I couldn't get to sleep it hurt so bad - I miss my Advil!

Oh i feel your pain, I'm fighting a cold as well as morning sickness! HOpefully your headache takes a hike soon!

Yup! I heard it at my 12 week appt and then at my 16 week appt. I think she will check every appt? But i don't know for sure?

I don't know if i can wait that long! Haha! 12 weeks seems like an eternity still!

I don't know if i can wait that long! Haha! 12 weeks seems like an eternity still!
The first tri was sooo long to me... ever since I hit 12 weeks BAM, its gone soo fast. You never know your Dr may try to hear it early!

Thanks, luckily the headaches better better but I had a reeeally bad bout of nausea yesterday. I think I had a bug or something. Today I'm just back to the normal nausea, but I think it's getting a bit better! I know wha yo mean about having to wait, I don't have my first doc appt till 12 weeks...

My doctor found it with a doppler at 11weeks and.. 3 days I think. I had been having some spotting and was concerened. The doctor found it first try and it was such an amazing sound.

Hi girls? Where are you? I was wondering how everyone is doing! Things are a bit hard on my side, i have been constantly sick for the last week, I am tired, bloated, sleepy, nauseated and just plain AWFUL!! I can't seem to drag myself out of bed, I am queasy all the time (though not vomiting) and my breasts are still very tender. I don't eat much, can't seem to be able to drink water, surviving on ginger ale and boiled green bananas (it's a carribean thing)!! Forget the ginger candies and stuff they are not helping! Anyway all this to say that I am so ready to move to 2nd trim.
Is anyone else going through the same thing? Constantly upset stomach? I hope you are all doing well! i have a scan scheduled tomorrow Monday and the doctor wants to check HB! I am a little nervous about that too since we couldn't hear a thing last time we did a scan! Anyhwo, all this to tell you that I am having a hard time feeling attached to baby yet and feel so awful about it! Anyone who could share their experience would be helpful!
Hope to hear from you all :)

I know how you feel! I'm sick all day too. Some days I can barely eat anything, can't find anything that sounds appealing!

I was definitely there...and still am some days, but it has definitely gotten better and WILL get better for you soon! The constant nausea sucks, there is no way to sugar coat it!

On Friday night I randomly got really sick and vomited a LOT, which actually hasn`t happened much in pregnancy so it was weird and random...never a dull moment!

The heartbeat is tough to find before 12 weeks, some midwives won`t even try before then...so if you don`t hear it dont panic! I have a doppler and before this week it was very hit or miss, sometimes I would find it for a second and sometimes not at all even after searching for awhile. It is SUCH an amazing sound when you do get to hear it, I hope you do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Random question for the already mom's, how long was your hospital stay? Trying to figure out what to pack in my hopsital bag and how much of stuff :)... Any help would be great thanks!

I was in for nearly a week as I had an emerg csection.

With my first we were home the next day and with my youngest I stayed 3 days as she went to NICU and I didn't want to leave her and they had empty rooms.

Hi girls! I live in Vancouver and just found this group! I'm 12 weeks today with my first baby and very excited, emotional, fat, tired...you name it! Nice to meet you all xxx

Random question for the already mom's, how long was your hospital stay? Trying to figure out what to pack in my hopsital bag and how much of stuff :)... Any help would be great thanks!

We stayed just over 24 hours with our first. I hate hospitals so the first chance I had to get out of there I did. Probably should have stayed longer as our daughter was diagnosed with jaundice and we ended up having to go back to the hospital for blood work every day for a week following her birth but it all worked out in the end.

I'd recommend packing your items for your birth plan, slippers, extra socks, toiletries (if you're expecting visitors don't forget your hair brush and make up, they'll be taking a lot of unflattering photos), a robe or sweater, comfortable clothes to wear home, CAMERA AND VIDEO CAMERA and some snacks.

My daughter came early so I didn't have my hospital bag packed, we hadn't even installed the car seat. This time around I'll have that bag packed and sitting by the front door (or maybe even in the car already) by week 30.

Good luck!

Hi girls! I live in Vancouver and just found this group! I'm 12 weeks today with my first baby and very excited, emotional, fat, tired...you name it! Nice to meet you all xxx

Hello and welcome! Congratulations on the 12 weeks mark. I am in Victoria and just over 12 weeks with my first baby too!

Hello My Canadian Ladies!!!

Just found this group and I'm sure glad I did!! I have found that in different countries alot of things are different.

I'm gunna be a momma for the first time!! And am super excited for this baby to come out. I was already 6 weeks pregnant when we found out we were expecting. Time has flown by. And second tri is by far the best. First tri was terrrible for sickness and second was good for feeling sorta normal and all the excitment of finding everything out! for just starting the third tri im starting to feel uncomfortable and sick again :dohh: haha.

We still dont know if we are having a boy or girl, babe was too stuborn to show us. I hope everyone has amazing pregnancies!!! And Congratulations on the babies!!!!!:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->