Canadian Ladies!! 1st, 2nd and 3rd trimesters.... Now everyone can stay in touch!

I had an OB who only did a check & sweep at 39 weeks. I thought that was pretty good/normal!

I 100% agree about people who don't think they can labour their babies. Or "scheduling" conflicts! or my best friend who had a c-section at 38 weeks because she was breech... Ok 1. there is still 2+ weeks for that baby to turn... 2. WHY if you are doing a c-section do it at 38 weeks? whats the rush? to beat the baby into labour. wouldn't she be able to say "im having contractions" and then they do a c-section? is it early c-section or EMCS (which i wish upon NO ONE!). i dunno seemed rediculous to me.

Ya, I agree - doing a c-sec so early isn't the best idea BUT it seems to be easier for them to plan it. DH's friend had 2 c-secs for breech babies- one at 37 weeks, the other was 38 weeks.... My SIL had a breech baby turn at 38 weeks, so it's still possible!

My cs is being done at 38 weeks, but that is because of the risks of me going into labour. But one thing the OB did tell me was that cs are much easier to recover from when your body hasn't been in labour, and less chance of complications during surgery before labour has started.

How is everyone doing? JCh- are you feeling almost there??

I'm doing not so bad. The temperature has dropped a few degrees here and that along with switching my winter duvet off the bed has really helped me sleep the last few nights and that has made all the difference! My poor husband is cold at night but I told him too bad!

How is everyone doing? JCh- are you feeling almost there??

I'm doing not so bad. The temperature has dropped a few degrees here and that along with switching my winter duvet off the bed has really helped me sleep the last few nights and that has made all the difference! My poor husband is cold at night but I told him too bad!

I am soo stiff, but it gets better throughout the day as long as I keep moving. :thumbup: When I get up in the morning I can just barely bend my fingers. Last night I did some yoga... it felt great but caused some BH and then I had to pee every hour last night. I am guessing baby has dropped even more!

As for the blanket situation... I think I've spent 85% of this pregnancy sleeping with no covers at all!! Now what I've done is put my own comforter on my side of the bed and the duvet on DH's side... so that if I want blankets I don't need to steal them back after every trip to the loo! DH is a total thief!! :haha:

Today is "finally install the car seat day" and of course it's POURING outside. Figures!!! :dohh:

That day is coming up for me too! Also packing the hospital bags. I bought some big black panties for afterwards but I have no idea what size I'll be so I bought 2 sizes! I'm also wondering about pjs- I know I want dark ones and I got some amazing black ones for Christmas but they are too nice to ruin. I'm wondering what other stuff I should be getting ready.

I bought some black hipster undies too and have bought an assortment of pads/liners, etc. I hadn't thought about the jammies.... hmmm, maybe I need something more than my black yoga pants.

I am struggling with buying a nursing bra! I am still squeezing into my normal bras (at the last clasp) but I know I am going to go up in size when my milk comes in. I bought one nighttime nursing bra (sports bra style) but I am thinking I should go buy one nice normal bra... I just can decide the size. I normally wear 36C... should I get a 38D or assume that my expanded girth will go back to normal?! LOL

Oh, and DH could not be convinced to help with the car seat today... so now tomorrow's the day! ;)

I think that after engorgement your breasts should go down to the size they are now? Or at least that is what I've heard. I plan on buying one nursing bra, preferably something like what you have until afterwards, then I can go buy more. Mine are just so expensive to start out with that I don't want to buy any and not have them fit!

Mine (boobs) were all over the place.. I think i hae a few in seeral different sizes. Actually my FAV ones are from la vie on rose (not sure if u have one near u) they are like $10 each (awesome!) but have an underwire (which is not recommended but never gave me any issues). I do have a few $$$ ones from the maternity store and some of the night ones. I honestly wore them alot between washes. Just amke sure u have pads in them to prevent leaking all over them or u will e washing a lot. Sour BM does NOT smell nice lol

I didn't think La Vie en Rose had nursing bras. Thanks! I will check them out.

I wish they sold my size! I was a 32G before pregnancy, I think I'm around a 36H now.

I got some nursing bras at motherhood maternity, one with underwire and a few without, very comfy! And I bought a sleep bra at sears. Only time will tell how they work!

Hey ladies!!! I need to tell a secret... I mentioned it in one other thread, but wanted to share with you as well. We've finally picked names!!! We've promised that we won't tell anyone, but I think you are exempt from this rule. :)

Boy: London James (James in case he doesn't like London as an adult)
Girl: Sienna June (June is my grandma's name)

Yay!! It feels nice to tell someone and makes this seem more real!!! :)

Oh! And we got our pool today. So exciting!!! Now, baby just needs to give me some more time for napping and we are good! I am going to finish hanging stuff in the nursery tonight if it kills me and will post some pics if I can! :)

Yay! Lovely names :) I started taking a herbal tincture today that my midwife recommended: black cohash, blue cohash and partridge berry for helping labour. I don't really know much about that kind of thing and it's much more hippy than I usually am but anything to avoid induction!

Beautiful names! Good luck to you ladies, you are so close!

I thought this advice was annoying when I was pregnant but make sure you spend a day just lying around and doing whatever you want when you want to. I definitely didnt appreciate the 'me' time I had before!

Also savour your meals and enjoy eating slowly, I have rushed through every meal since Nov 9th :)

Thanks for the tips gaiagirl! I'm enjoying an afternoon of bnb and reading books :)

Hi ladies! Glad to see everyone is doing so well. Good luck to you who are still waiting.
As for us, Calder is 8 weeks old already and just a super baby. Not sleeping through the night but close. I was able to finally get him to nurse after bottle feeding expressed milk for the first month. Now he takes mom milk from me and a bottle and gets a formula bottle at night too. Very well rounded little man.
We have our own little secret too.... We are starting to try to get pregnant again. Lol. I know I know. Crazy but it seems to be what we both want and put family is already telling us they want more grand babies. :).
Oh and the thyme maternity bras are small fitting. I was a DD and they only go to a DDD 42 so I had to buy bra extenders when I was pregnant.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 6
I'm starting to get so uncomfortable now. My hips and pelvic area seizes up whenever I set for any amount of time and at night. She is so high up that my ribs are killing me. I didn't have any of this the 1st pregnancy :( Not sure how I'm going to make it another 9 weeks of work.

I BF DS for 13mths and collected so many nursing bras in lots of different brands. My favorites were Warner's, they were so comfortable and held up so well to washing. I'm sure they will last another year+ of nursing this time. I had a few from Thyme, and tossed them out when I stopped BFing becuase they didn't hold up at all... and they were twice the price of the Warners!

Oh and my big news is OH and I got engaged over the holidays!:happydance:

Medic- Good for you! I can't imagine wanting to get pregnant again so soon but all the power to you! I'm pretty sure my husband is trying to get me pregnant again right now lol.

Jeepgirl- congrats! You must be thrilled :)

medic - Wow!! Already?? I guess if my LO is a precious as Calder I might feel the same. :) He's beautiful!

jeepgirl - Congrats!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->