Canadian Ladies!! 1st, 2nd and 3rd trimesters.... Now everyone can stay in touch!

Lol wow Medic! That's great :) You must be getting more sleep than I am because no way would I consider another one now or anytime soon, lol. Not to mention that I would actually have to have sex to get pregnant again. Ha.

Medic you are crazy but awesome! Best of luck to you! I love the name Calder and he's so precious :)

Congrats jeepgirl! Have you set a date?

Lemongrass, I know I'm trying to get it while I still can lol

Hey ladies- I had my baby on monday! Way earlier than I expected to and the whole thing went pretty crazy but in the end we're both healthy and happy. I had a boy and he's adorable :) My birth story is here for those that want to read it: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/1700157-positive-induction.html

Medic you are crazy but awesome! Best of luck to you! I love the name Calder and he's so precious :)

Congrats jeepgirl! Have you set a date?

Lemongrass, I know I'm trying to get it while I still can lol

Thanks! We are planning on getting married in Cuba sometime in Feb 2014. I've been working with a few travel agents the last few weeks trying to get the best rates. Looks like we already have about 40 people going with us :)

Congrats lemongrass!!! Enjoy those newborn moments, they go by so fast.

lemongrass - HUGE congrats bump-buddy!! I posted on your other thread but I am dying to know what is his name? How long was he? How much did he weigh? Can't wait for pics!!!

All you other new mommies - I'd love to know how big your little munchkins are too! :)

Congrats lemongrass! What a great story :)

Yikes- how are you doing? Not long for us hopefully!

Congrats lemongrass!!!!!!!!!!

Yikes-good luck! You're planning a homebirth aren't you? Or am I not remembering that correctly.

countrygirl - I think this LO is super comfy!!! I hardly even have any BH contractions. I've doubled up the EPO and Red Raspberry Leaf, so maybe that will help?! If conditions are favourable I will be getting a sweep on Weds too. :) How are you doing?? Does it feel imminent?? I am just trying to enjoy naps while I can and I am getting my hair done, nails done... all the girly stuff I won't be doing for a while. ;) I don't mind if baby waits until the end of the week... my only major challenge is this awful pinched nerve feeling I have in my inner thigh. I am starting to wonder if it could be related to SPD? I don't know...

gaiagirl - Thanks!! Yep, we are planning a home water birth and everything is ready to go!! The pool is on standby and we've got bins full of supplies. I really hope everything stays on plan. :)

jeepgirl - Sounds like you're going to have a fantastic wedding!! Yay!

Yikes - what's EPO? I have some raspberry leaf tea but haven't had any yet, have you been drinking it for a while? I'm doing well but am feeling very physically tired today, how are you? I actually don't feel like it's imminent! I have no idea obviously but it doesn't feel like it's just about to happen. Do you think it's soon for you?

Yikes - what's EPO? I have some raspberry leaf tea but haven't had any yet, have you been drinking it for a while? I'm doing well but am feeling very physically tired today, how are you? I actually don't feel like it's imminent! I have no idea obviously but it doesn't feel like it's just about to happen. Do you think it's soon for you?

EPO = Evening Primrose Oil - I've been taking 3 capsules a day and have increased it to 6.

As for the Red Raspberry Leaf, my store was sold out of the tea when I went so I bought it in capsule form. I've been taking two and have increased that to 4 as well...

I am constantly sleepy and having trouble getting in solid naps/sleeps, so I am just trying to take it easy. It helps that it's been super cold and snowy - I don't really want to go anywhere anyway! :haha:

It certainly doesn't feel imminent for me. If my sweep on Weds doesn't kickstart anything I am going to try sex and spicy food. I REALLY don't want an induction... so I am going to do anything I can to avoid it. :)

i really like RRLT. I drank it through my entire 2nd and 3rd trimester with J. I was at 4 cups a day from weeks 38-40. Right now its early still, so i drink a cup every few days.

It's cold and snowy here too! I have a dog though so he gets me out for 2 walks a day. I definitely feel like slowing down. I'm going to see a friend who was due the day after me but had her baby on the 9th so I'm hoping that will encourage little buddy to want to come out! We've been having sex regularly and it does seem to cause an increase in Braxton hicks but nothing else yet!

Good luck with your sweep tomorrow, let me know how it goes and what it's like!

It's cold and snowy here too! I have a dog though so he gets me out for 2 walks a day. I definitely feel like slowing down. I'm going to see a friend who was due the day after me but had her baby on the 9th so I'm hoping that will encourage little buddy to want to come out! We've been having sex regularly and it does seem to cause an increase in Braxton hicks but nothing else yet!

Good luck with your sweep tomorrow, let me know how it goes and what it's like!

We have a french bulldog and he hates the cold more than me... so he's not a very good motivator. :haha: I will try to drag him out this afternoon when it warms up a little.

DH has been afraid to touch me since I got pregnant :dohh:, so sex at this stage will be a fun proposition!! I will have to use all of my seduction skills! :haha:

I'll keep you posted on the sweep... let's hope this LO is here by the weekend!!! :)

EPO = Evening Primrose Oil - I've been taking 3 capsules a day and have increased it to 6.

As for the Red Raspberry Leaf, my store was sold out of the tea when I went so I bought it in capsule form. I've been taking two and have increased that to 4 as well...

I am constantly sleepy and having trouble getting in solid naps/sleeps, so I am just trying to take it easy. It helps that it's been super cold and snowy - I don't really want to go anywhere anyway! :haha:

It certainly doesn't feel imminent for me. If my sweep on Weds doesn't kickstart anything I am going to try sex and spicy food. I REALLY don't want an induction... so I am going to do anything I can to avoid it. :)

I was a week overdue with DS and I credit spicy sausage and sex with finally bringing him out. The night before I went into labour, OH asked what I wanted for supper and I asked for his hot sausages and he thought I was kidding. Up until that point I hated sausage and spicy food, but for some reason I really wanted it that night. Then before bed we had sex and again the next morning before we even got up. I went to the washroom to clean up and sat on the toilet and my water broke. 5 mins later contractions started coming 4mins apart!

Those spicy sausages ended up being the last thing I was allowed to eat for 3 days. The funny thing is that I actually like those sausages now:haha:

Hey gals!! I had my appt yesterday and my cervix is soft, 1 cm dilated and 30-40% effaced... they will do my sweep on Tuesday and they are anticipating only one sweep will be needed to get things going if they don't start before then... so I am going to focus on napping a bit longer. :)

Keep up your naps Yikes! Spicy sausage and sex sounds like a great plan to me :)

Hello fellow pregnant canucks :D new face here, hope everyone and their precious bumps are doing well!

Welcome bekkie:hi:

I'm starting to think the pain I've been having is SPD:dohh: I have been doing some reading on it, and it sounds just like what I'm having. I have a doctors appt on Tuesday, so I will ask her about it then.

We had our 2nd private scan last week. Here are a few of our baby girl :cloud9:

Sending labour dust :dust: to all the ladies who are so close to meeting their LO's

Attachments

• 1227_10151242209553716_1394588165_n.jpg
    1227_10151242209553716_1394588165_n.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 67426_10151242209868716_773058011_n.jpg
    67426_10151242209868716_773058011_n.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 735018_10151242209828716_1137991218_n.jpg
    735018_10151242209828716_1137991218_n.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online