Canadian Ladies!! 1st, 2nd and 3rd trimesters.... Now everyone can stay in touch!

Welcome bekkie!! :)

Jeepgirl - Love the photos, they are so precious!! :)

Hey gals!!

Okay - so I had my stretch and sweep this morning and my MW felt things were definitely progressing. I am 2-3 cm dilated (though she stretched it more), cervix is totally soft and 50% effaced (which she thought was as good as it would get pre-labour) and baby's head is firmly engaged. She thought I would have lots of cramping but I haven't had much yet. I lost a wee bit of plug and my back is aching a bit... but otherwise I feel pretty good (with the exception of feeling sleepy).

I had a nap (and may have another) and I'm just hoping things are moving along. She thought I might go into labour tonight based on how favourable my cervix is... if not, I have another stretch and sweep scheduled for Thursday.

If nothing works... (which is unlikely) I will be induced next Weds. However, my MW will come over in the morning, break my water, and try to induce labour at home so we don't have to go in to the hospital.

Please send me your labour dust!! Thanks ladies!!!

Good Luck Yikes :dust:

when i was 39 weeks with J she checked me and i was 2cm dilated... i don't remember how effaced... she did a sweep but nothing happened... at 40+3 i decided i had enough and went to an indoor walking track and walked 4 miles... that did the trick LOL

Last night wasn't so fun... had some cramping for bit, then terrible gas/reflux/heartburn (sorry, tmi) which turned into the loss of a good chunk of plug and two hours of long contractions varying from 8-12 minutes apart... and then nothing. :( I am going to take our dog for a walk in a few mins and then go shopping for a bit to see if I can get things going again.

If not, sweep #2 is tomorrow. :)

Good luck, yikes! Don't worry too much about being induced- wednesday is a week away and that is a long time when it comes to labour! Plus, since you are already where I was when I was induced then you wouldn't need a lot of pitocin (I didn't) and it wasn't nearly as painful as I expected. But that is a world away! Try to get some sleep because you won't once baby is here! Okay, you will, but only 2-3 hours at a time :)

Good luck ladies! I was only 1cm and went into labour 2 days later, so I'm sure you will avoid induction. Well, not sure but you know...lol.

I'll be thinking of you both!!!!

Good luck YikesBaby! Sounds like you are very close. fx'ed for you. I remember having a lot of cramping after my sweep, not fun.

My mom had a shower for me on the weekend. This is going to be a well dressed little girl! Funny though, my last shower for DS I got enough diapers that we didn't need to buy any until he was 8mths old!!! This time we didn't get one pkg of diapers.

We have a huge snow storm coming on Friday 50+cm of snow, so I'm planning on painting the nursery since we wont be able to go anywhere. Once thats done OH and his friend are laying new flooring.

Thanks ladies!!!

Without you, I think I would go INSANE. If one more person calls and interrupts my precious nap time to ask why I haven't had the baby yet, I think I am going to go postal! :haha:

Jeepgirl - It's funny how trends change. We didn't get a ton of diapers either... although we got some. We got several smaller packs of different brands which will be nice... we can find out what kind we like before we go buy a ton. :)

Next sweep is at 12:30... fingers are crossed that this one does it. I am losing tons of plug (more than I knew was possible), so I hope that's a good sign. It's not clear though... it's definitely plug, but it's almost beige in colour. (Eww... TMI) Has anyone else experienced this?? I thought it was supposed to be clear or bloody? I was thinking maybe it's old blood??

We're expecting a massive snow storm tonight/tomorrow too apparenty. Oh joy!!! :dohh: My MW lives an hour away!! Fingers crossed that the storm misses us...

Yes Yikes - they have even increased the amount of snow we are supposed to get! im not sure where you are but im in kitchener and the GTA is supposed to get 20-30cm now :shock: COMMON BABY before the snow falls!! I hope the sweep does the trick!

AND TURN OFF YOUR RINGER! :haha:

I'm in Ajax readynwilling, so I 'think' it's supposed be a little lighter here... but my midwife is north, so I am sure she'll be driving through a blizzard. Still - I hope tonight's the night!!! :)

Hi ladies!! Glad to see everyone is doing well. God luck to all those still waiting for baby to come...

We have our own news already .... We are due for #2 in September sometime. I have a dating scan next week. We aren't telling anyone yet because most of them will think we are totally insane but we are super happy and excited :). Calder and baby 2 will be about 10 months and a bit apart. Eek!!

Congrats Medic!!!:happydance: You are going to be one busy Mama :)

YikesBaby how are you feeling today?

Congrats Medic!!!! Wow! I can't imagine, lol. But I'm glad you got what you wanted :):)

You must have a great sleeper?! Lol

Congrats Medic! Thats amazing that you got pregnant so quick! I thought that most women aren't even ovulating that quick!

My doc said that the first six months your hormones are so high still that its easy to get pregnant. Lol.

Medic are you EBFing?! I've heard the exact opposite!

We had a rough start to BFing because Calder was so small and early. He was not able to latch so we started on formula in the hospital since they were worried about weight loss. It took about a month for him to start latching and then another week for him to take both sides. Now he is breastfeeding most of the time. I'm pumping every four hours and storing milk as well. And every so often he gets a formula bottle top up at night. I guess the reasoning behind being so fertile after is that you still have all the hormones it takes to sustain a pregnnacy. It take a bit for the lose to level out so if you do ovulate then... Bam... Pregnant. Lol. Breast feeding can sometimes delay ovulation and that's why they say that it's a good birth control. It would seem that it's not always the case. ;). And no, Calder isn't sleeping thought the night. He's sleeping great from 9:30 till about 2:45am. Enough time to get busy. Plus we have a ton of family here that is always willing to take him when I'm tired during the day. We are very fortunate

Lol yup that's why I haven't been getting busy...fear of ovulation!!!

F sleeps similarly although lately it's been more like 10-1, then 4, 6, and up at 8! Tiring!

Had a new mommy massage today though and it was heavenly!!!

Hey ladies!!! Feb 7th WAS the night!!! :)

I just posted my birth story!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/1734755-yikesbabys-home-waterbirth-story-finally.html#post25493119

Thank you all SO much for being there for me for the past 41+2 weeks. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->