Canadian Ladies!! 1st, 2nd and 3rd trimesters.... Now everyone can stay in touch!

Still having contractions today, but not as often. My pre surgery appt with my OB is this Tuesday, so I will talk to her about it then.

I keep hearing how great business of being born is, I will have to watch it.

I watched the film today, its great. Every pregnant woman should watch it! When they were talking about Pit, it reminded me of my labour with DS. My 1st sign of labour was my water breaking and contractions started right away at 4mins apart. It only took 6hrs from my water breaking to 10cm. The nurses had a shift change half way through my labour and when the night shift nurse came in I remember her bring so suprised that I wasn't on Pit, she said it was the 1st labour in a long time she was at without it!

i guess in a way i was lucky that the hospital was so short staffed i was practically ignored... they didnt' try to put an iv in until i was pushing (and even then they couldn't get one in LOL). but there were no nurses to watch me.. so i got to wander the mat ward aimlessly - no one to ask about Epi's, or push pitocin or anything.

I really liked that movie while I was pregnant but it did scare me about being induced. I needed to be induced for medical reasons, not being late and I was really nervous about it. It seemed like no one could be induced without taking an epidural and that it automatically meant that you would have a terrible birth experience. My birth experience was fantastic despite the induction and I took nothing for the pain, not even G&A. I didn't tear or need any other interventions. So while it is a great movie for getting info out about unnecessary interventions, sometimes they are needed and it's best to get the message out that if you do have one, don't be scared- it doesn't equal c-section and you can still be strong and do it drug-free if you wish.

Jeepgirl- here's hoping your baby stays in there as long as it needs to! My baby was ready at 38 weeks even though I was induced- I had to trim his nails as soon as we got home. Good luck, I'll be thinking about you :)

Had my pre op appt with the OB today. She doesn't think I'm going to make it to my surgery date given the contractions and plug going and I'm already 1cm. To complicate things my GBS came back positive. The OB said she would like to do my CS sooner, but I'm already booked as early as the hospital will allow. She had me sign all the required paperwork for the surgery and pre registered at the hospital to save time if I do go into labour.

Now I'm worried about getting to the hospital fast if I do go into labour. It was a fast labour with DS and we are over an hour drive from the hospital(if its not a peak traffic time) + the time it will take to drop Aaron and the dogs off at my parents.

Oh that sounds worrisome Jeepgirl!! When is ur c-sec booked for??? I will keep my fingers and toes crossed bub stays put until then!!!

I'm booked April 11, so just over 2 weeks to go. The OB didn't seem to worried about baby being born early, she said she is strong and measuring about a week a head. She is very concerned about me having a vaginal birth because of my high risk of uterus rupture.

Maybe she will suprise me and wait it out. With DS everyone said I would go early and he ended up a week overdue, although I had no signs of labour with him just a HUGE belly lol

Your health is just as important as babies!! I hope baby stays put till the 11th. :hugs:

My little lady was born last Thursday... the day after DS's birthday! She ended up being 3 weeks early. She weighed 6lbs 15.5oz and 20in long. I went into labour and ended up with another EMCS. The full story is in my journal if anyone is interested.

Emma was born with a heart condition called aortic stenosis and spent some time in the NICU. We are seeing a cardiologist this week and will know more about the procedures she will need after the appt.

Congrats! I hope all the tests show positive things. It must be so worrisome for you.

Congrats!!! I hope they have positive things to say, and all is easily resolved.

Thanks ladies. Her heart condition has gone from moderate to severe. This means she needs to go to the cath lab and have balloons inflated in the valves of her heart to widen them and will probably eventually need a valve replacement. Ideally they would like to wait a few months to give her time to grow and get stronger but the reality is she may only have weeks before it needs to be done. She will be regularly monitored by the IWK Heart Center, and they will decide when to do the procedure. We are so lucky to have an amazing children's hospital so close to us, and they are the best at what they do!

We are heartbroken that she has to go through all this. But we have decided to focus on the positive progress she is having and deal with the rest as it comes. She is feeding well and graining weight, every test other than the echo has been normal and she is getting stronger each day. Her cardiologist has been great. The next few years are going to have ups and downs, but once she gets through the procedures they tell us she should lead a very normal life.

Wow I really hope she's ok and it's really good your focusing on the positive and I'm glad to be here :)

sorry to hear that JeepGirl :(

Hi Kaiecee :wave: i don't know if there is anyone in 1st tri on this thread but i am buddies with a few canadians who are in first tri (or just starting 2nd tri) on Bnb.

Passed my V-day, just waiting for 3rd tri to start now. have started to drink my RRLT and i have decided that i am NOT going to have home birth, i will go to the hospital with my MW.

Still no name for little monkey yet - and its DRIVING me CRAZY, but DH is not concered LOL :grr:

Hi ladies! Thought this would be a good time to say hello.. I'm in 1st tri too and it would be great to chat with a bunch of Canadian moms who have been there and already done that (this is my 1st). Things were a little rough in the beginning for DH and myself, but we've worked it out and now I'm starting to let myself get a little bit excited for what's to come. :)

JeepGirl, I read back through the thread - what a difficult thing to go through, but I'm so happy that the prognosis is good for your little girl. We are truly lucky to have such great children's hospitals! Wishing all the best for her and your family.

Anyway I hope you all don't mind me joining your thread! You all seem so nice (I guess we are Canadian after all, right?) :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->