Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

I like when it's like 35C out... but Hamilton is sooo smoggy... I like when it's just hot, not so muggy/smoggy that you feel like you're suffocating??

Yeah, Hamilton is smoggy when it's really hot - my parents live in Oakville, and it can get rather smoggy too. But I love the heat!

One of the steel factories (Stelco if you're familiar.. more recently called US Steel) has shut down.. I'm curious to see if that affects the air quality at all! It already looks sooo different when you're on the escarpment looking down at the city.. there used to be so many lights there at night, now it's just darkness over there... :(

I lived in London (ON) and I hated that sick sweaty hotness.

Is it all the factories/pollution or does it have to do with all the lakes and water around here lol all the moisture available ??

What a shame Stelco shut down - it used to look pretty in an industrial kinda way at night. I remember photographing it!

I lived in London (ON) and I hated that sick sweaty hotness.

I have heard the heat in Alberta is dry, whereas the heat in the maritimes is moist, due to us being surrounded by oceanm and the water around usually helps us cool off, because of the breeze.

What a shame Stelco shut down - it used to look pretty in an industrial kinda way at night. I remember photographing it!

It's a "temporary closure"... but they have turned off the coke ovens.. and if you leave them shut off for too long, apparently they can't be turned back on.. so unless they reopen pretty soon, it's not gonna happen. Same thing over at Nanticoke (sp?), it was the same company..

I also miss the winters, believe it or not! I really do like snow.... winters here in the UK are grey and damp and rainy and UGH.

Bahahahaha and here one of the reasons I don't want to buy a house is because I don't want to shovel :rofl:

Bahahahaha and here one of the reasons I don't want to buy a house is because I don't want to shovel :rofl:

:rofl: did you ever take that super job? I might have missed the update!

No lol... there's a few super couples looking to umm I guess "retire" if that's what you call it? They're getting old anyway! Andrew knows lots of property managers etc.. so a couple are gonna give him a call if the spot opens up.. he wants specific buildings not just any building. In the city we live in.. a lot of buildings have A LOT of problems.. weapons/violence/drugs/other criminal activity.. and then there's some where the entire building is residents who barely speak English, there are old buildings too that need way more work..

BUT the way things are right now we've seen houses for less than $100K! Not MY first choice neighbourhoods but pretty quiet, decent areas.. just a little old.. and I'd like 2 bathrooms but these ones are all 1 bathroom.. they're smaller but I guess for 3 of us we don't need that much space. I'm just afraid of getting stuck in a house, never moving...

I thought a condo would be a good idea but he says no no no... the condos in Hamilton aren't very good.. I thought townhouse condo would be good though, sure we'd have condo fees but it would save us from redoing a roof or doing landscaping..

It's so annoying figuring out how to live lol

We actually saw a house.. I want to buy it... but it's on his ex girlfriend's street. I won't move there lol because I think it's weird to move onto her street.. I know I'm being silly.. she's engaged so she'll have moved soon enough anyway but still! :rofl:

:wave: Hello to all my fellow yummy canadian mommies and mommies to be :D
Hope everyone is having a great Monday!
My monday started off at 8am (woohoo LeeAnne let me sleep in) followed by a nice big morning smile and big huge disgusting smelly poopy diaper, wow she must love me :rofl:

I haven't had a poop from princess yet today :|

Does anyone know where to get one of the original style cozy coupes? I don't want a pink EVERYTHING.. I want the red one with the yellow roof.. LOL. I had one when I was a kid.. Toys R Us just has pink & some rescue one??

I have no idea Tasha, maybe walmart, but OMG i want one so bad! They are sooooo adorable!! Brings back childhood memories!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->