Can't admit to anyone else...

Best of luck! Hope you get a nub shot, and post it on here. I'll definitely be having a good look and keeping my fingers crossed! :D Nearly all my photos included the nub this time. With my first baby, her leg got in the way.

Well that's the first time I've come away from a scan in tears. What a bad experience...!

Firstly everything is fine and measuring 12+6 as I should be, so that's great.
After all that had been established, I asked for a Nub shot and she asked me what I was talking about. Tried to explain it to her and she said 'no. We don't do that'. I clarified that I didn't mean between the legs, and tried to explain what I meant and she just said 'I've done a side view'.
I said I couldn't see the Nub in those two pictures so could I have another one and she refused to even try, said that it 'doesn't even exist' and I'm 'making things up'.
She then told me off for not telling her I'd paid for 4 pictures because 'most people only have 2' and she hadn't taken enough, so had to go back and take more.

Couldn't even see it on the screen while she was scanning as she was being so quick that it wasn't in the right place for long enough.

So upset when I came out that OH immediately rang our private scan place and asked if we could come for a scan today - we are on our way there now.

How rude and unprofessional of the scan person to make you feel like that :hugs:

Goodluck with your private scan .

Good luck. I really hope all this worry can come to an end with super good news of a pink...but I feel knowing either way will be a tremendous help for you x

Well that's the first time I've come away from a scan in tears. What a bad experience...!

After all that had been established, I asked for a Nub shot and she asked me what I was talking about. Tried to explain it to her and she said 'no. We don't do that'. I clarified that I didn't mean between the legs, and tried to explain what I meant and she just said 'I've done a side view'.
I said I couldn't see the Nub in those two pictures so could I have another one and she refused to even try, said that it 'doesn't even exist' and I'm 'making things up'.
She then told me off for not telling her I'd paid for 4 pictures because 'most people only have 2' and she hadn't taken enough, so had to go back and take more.

Couldn't even see it on the screen while she was scanning and she was being so quick that it wasn't in the right place for long enough.

So upset when I came out that OH immediately rang our private scan place and asked if we could come for a scan today - we are on our way there now.
How rude!! But so excited for your second scan, Good Luck xxxxx

How rude and unprofessional! I really hope your other scan goes better hun. Update us when you get back!

Couldn't even see it on the screen while she was scanning and she was being so quick that it wasn't in the right place for long enough.

What an Ahole!!! Stick the pics up anyway and we will see what we can see xxxx

If you are going for a private scan they will give you the potty shot too xxx

Stupid cow. I hate that sort of 'medical professional'. Unrelated, but sort of similar - we once paid hundreds to see a private paediatrician as our baby had awful breastfeeding issues and I just KNEW she had a posterior tongue tie ... well, this stupid woman told me that there was no such thing and tongue ties are always visible at the front, so I should just put her on formula!!! A week later, we had it confirmed by a lactation consultant, who treated it, and well ... we're still breastfeeding at 2.5 years without issue, so that paed can kiss my arse.

It's just so deflating!!! Horrible people.

Do put your shots on, someone might spot something. :)

My results from SneakPeek blood test came back and the results said girl. I thought it'd make me feel excited but now I can't stop googling false results and polls of people saying it's wrong. Someone even started a class action lawsuit against them so I feel like I'm back to square one. I feel like it's a boy more than ever even though test said girl. I guess we will know in 5-6 more weeks at the gender ultrasound. Time is dragging.

Oh gosh SIL you poor thing..! Must be so hard to have paid for something that you hoped would give you peace of mind and then end up feeling no better (or worse!).
When is your gender scan..?

I honestly couldn't believe the sonographer at the hospital. Even OH was angry about the way she spoke to me and doesn't even want to go back there for the 20 week scan. There's just no need to speak to anyone like that and I know I would never dream of it in my job (also healthcare/medical), so I find it even harder to believe.

The private scan was much better - we told the lady what had happened and why we'd come and she was very nice and understanding. She did admit that she doesn't put much weight on the Nub Theory as she could make it look different herself just depending on the angle of her probe - but that she'd do whatever I wanted.

I'm still none the wiser unfortunately as from some angles the nub looks girly, and some it looks stacked like a boy Nub. She even looked between the legs but said that she couldn't tell if it was boy-parts or swollen girl parts. And again from one angle, it looked girly with 3 lines and another angle it looked like a protrusion with 2 lines!

However because of that, I'm convinced it's got to be a boy because surely there would be nothing there at all if it was a girl... :-(

Stupid cow. I hate that sort of 'medical professional'. Unrelated, but sort of similar - we once paid hundreds to see a private paediatrician as our baby had awful breastfeeding issues and I just KNEW she had a posterior tongue tie ... well, this stupid woman told me that there was no such thing and tongue ties are always visible at the front, so I should just put her on formula!!! A week later, we had it confirmed by a lactation consultant, who treated it, and well ... we're still breastfeeding at 2.5 years without issue, so that paed can kiss my arse.

I know so many mums who have gone to professionals and were scoffed at only to later discover they were in the right!

Not that its the same but after i had ds3 i felt so ill, i thought i had blood poising and went to my gp and begged to be sent to hospital, she refused and said "Don't go to a&e unless you have been hit by a car..." I collapsed the day after, and after having breathing problems for the day i went to hospital, i had 6 blood clots on my lungs..... :growlmad:

Oh gosh SIL you poor thing..! Must be so hard to have paid for something that you hoped would give you peace of mind and then end up feeling no better (or worse!).
When is your gender scan..?

I honestly couldn't believe the sonographer at the hospital. Even OH was angry about the way she spoke to me and doesn't even want to go back there for the 20 week scan. There's just no need to speak to anyone like that and I know I would never dream of it in my job (also healthcare/medical), so I find it even harder to believe.

The private scan was much better - we told the lady what had happened and why we'd come and she was very nice and understanding. She did admit that she doesn't put much weight on the Nub Theory as she could make it look different herself just depending on the angle of her probe - but that she'd do whatever I wanted.

I'm still none the wiser unfortunately as from some angles the nub looks girly, and some it looks stacked like a boy Nub. She even looked between the legs but said that she couldn't tell if it was boy-parts or swollen girl parts. And again from one angle, it looked girly with 3 lines and another angle it looked like a protrusion with 2 lines!

However because of that, I'm convinced it's got to be a boy because surely there would be nothing there at all if it was a girl... :-(

No that's not true, both parts look very much the same and girl bits can still be swollen at this stage and look like a boys dingdong x

I know so many mums who have gone to professionals and were scoffed at only to later discover they were in the right!

Not that its the same but after i had ds3 i felt so ill, i thought i had blood poising and went to my gp and begged to be sent to hospital, she refused and said "Don't go to a&e unless you have been hit by a car..." I collapsed the day after, and after having breathing problems for the day i went to hospital, i had 6 blood clots on my lungs..... :growlmad:

Ffs! :nope: Presumably you could have become seriously ill or worse!? Unbelievable how SHITE they can be. There's a lot to be said for trusting your instinct!

OMG Jessica you're so lucky...!
Some 'professionals' are so dismissive and it can be so dangerous. I think some of that attitude is caused by time-wasters etc, but still - that doesn't mean everyone should be treated as such.

I just keep thinking of Dannypop's potty shot that was completely flat, no protrusion at all... I don't know exactly what gestation that was taken though, perhaps you can enlighten me Danny..?
I'll upload the pics when I can get stupid Photobucket to work.

https://www.baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html

If you look at this, the boy and girl genitals really don't appear that dissimilar around 12 weeks (be warned - page does contain photos of foetal genitalia). The angle seems to be the biggest difference. If she was looking between the legs and something was sticking out, I think that could easily be either sex judging from these pictures.

Memme do you have any pics or video you can post, I would love to have a guess for you :)

You'll have to bear with me as there's quite a few..! These are all from the private clinic and she gave us loads.

So in these ones I personally think it looks quite flat/parallel and girl like...

https://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a231/mumtotwins/C67F8440-84CC-45D3-AF77-4DF6E0E02874_zpsq8bsxcqf.jpeg

https://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a231/mumtotwins/D383C611-C525-4538-8AED-027D26CE2660_zpsifc6vyal.jpeg

https://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a231/mumtotwins/E6FA57CF-B58C-4FCA-B1F9-A7CD42B8125E_zpsgbog8amf.jpeg

But in these ones I think it looks more risen and 'stacked'... especially the last one.

https://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a231/mumtotwins/72E4369B-E54E-4433-A809-7A91F9336AD9_zpsijj6udpm.jpeg

https://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a231/mumtotwins/83663C40-D909-4AF2-A21A-EBD20851EF38_zps07tggoqd.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->