• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can't admit to anyone else...

Aaaah how exciting! Good luck!
I too have seen about people's girls changing to a boy at the 20 week scan so I understand how you must be nervous..!

My 20 week scan is 4 weeks today. I'm hoping to go back to work the week after next, so hopefully it shouldn't drag too much... Just hope I don't get that same horrible sonographer again. She was an Agency one so I think we'd be quite unlucky to get her again...

I have the Midwife next week, first time since Booking. Haven't heard the heartbeat at all yet so that should be nice. I think I might ask her to check my iron levels too due to feeling so awful!

Well the relief! She is still ALL girl!!!!! :happydance::cloud9::yipee:

The FIRST thing the doctor said to me when I walked in was "So, a girl after your 2 boys! How lovely" (that's how close and lovely this practice is -they truly value you as a patient and she also remembers me from a few years ago with the boys. She had gone through my notes from the other doctor who scanned me at 13 weeks). So I said to her let's hope no extra bits have grown!

So the very first thing she did before even checking the heartbeat was to go straight to the potty shot :haha:

And she is 100% healthy and beautiful! I got to see a 4D of her little face which I have never seen with any of my babies before. DH literally gasped he was blown away.

Memma at least you have a few appointments in between now and 20 weeks to keep you busy and up to date with baby. You will still hear and see girl I know it! Nothing is changing for either of us!

And I think DH and I have agreed on a name: Frankie Rose (second name after my gran). I dared mention the name to him thinking he would chuck it (he chucked all my other genger-neutral names like Ryan, Charlie and Georgie) and he loved it!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender(1).jpg
    FullSizeRender(1).jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 2
Congratulations!!
I'm so jealous!! Am I going to be the only one that doesn't get a girl😢 3 boys I have already and love them so much but this is the last one.. I so hope mine is a girl too!
I've never seen a 4d? What was that like?

Brilliant news Danny and amazing that they showed you the 4D!
When I had a private scan with my last son around 22 weeks (I think), the sonographer flicked it on to 4D without any warning (we hadn't booked for 4D, she just said baby was in a good position so would be a shame not to). I just lay there staring at the screen, blubbing! And couldn't stop telling everyone afterwards how beautiful he looked, haha!

I just have the one appointment - you don't get seen very much at all once you've already had a baby in the UK - so it'll be next week with the midwife, 20 week scan in 4 weeks at the hospital (hopefully not with the horrible sonographer) and then won't be seen again by the midwife until 28 weeks. We get bloods done then routinely but I don't think I can wait till then if my iron is as low as I feel..!

MrsH stay positive! I thought the same as you - everyone on this thread was finding out they were having girls after boys and I posted that it must be time for the luck to run out and surely I wouldn't be as lucky too... :)

I am worried how disappointed I will be if I am told it's the fourth boy

I am worried how disappointed I will be if I am told it's the fourth boy

:hugs::hugs:
I'm right there with you. I'm so nervous about it too. I only have two boys, but this is our last chance too since we only have the room/money/etc for 3 little ones. My gender scan is 8 days away now, and I'm starting to get extremely anxious how I will react if she tells me it's a third and final boy. I'm sure I'd love him, but I have my heart set on a little girl and my hopes so high that I don't want to be crushed. I'll be watching for your results and thinking of you. I feel like surely luck has run out in this thread and someone (note: me) must have a boy... :cry:

Congratulations!!
I'm so jealous!! Am I going to be the only one that doesn't get a girl😢 3 boys I have already and love them so much but this is the last one.. I so hope mine is a girl too!
I've never seen a 4d? What was that like?

This is the lucky thread!!! And we are here beside you through whatever comes your way

This will be grandchild #17 for my parents....13 of them are boys. I would so love the last to be a girl. My nieces do not live close so my parents haven't really been around anything but boys. I guess that's why I just assume this one will be one too. I might be heartbroken at first as the dream of a girl dies lol

Aw SIL am counting down for you. So glad we have a little group here of support. I would have been more devastated to be having a 3rd girl than a 3rd boy. Boys really are the bomb. But we all understand the desperate longing. Nothing will change that no matter how many stories and opinions we hear.

Mem at least you won't have all the anxiety over the gender now, so even though you only get a limited amount of scans you will be so busy getting things ready for your little girl and life will be feeling so different :) I really hope you get a fabulous sonographer who takes away all the bad memories of the other bad experiences.

Hi giris
Sorry I've been missing in action a bit

Danny that is a brilliant image congrats!
I'm currently reading through everything I've missed

So I had another scan at my appt this week

I decided not to ask about sex but now I'm obsessing... I've taken this screen shot of the video ... I think I need to accept this is another girl

Would u girls agree 3 dots are a girl??? I was 17 weeks here by my own dates and 18 by measurements

My 20 week scan is at an NHS hospital I really think I just need to ask and stop believing I can or even that I am
Getting any surprise

Attachments

• IMG_6418.jpg
    IMG_6418.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6384.jpg
    IMG_6384.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6401.jpg
    IMG_6401.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 14
Good luck with your scan SIL keeping fInges crossed

The first image of mine was showing the wee feet and of course I zoom in at the crotch

I dunno, it sticks out quite a lot? When we saw my girl's bottom it was flat with three lines lol. But that was at 20 weeks, so I'm not sure ...

I knew for sure my other girls were girls at 15 and 16 weeks! I do think it's another girl. My friend is a sonographer and looked at my images, she thinks girl but also said it's very prominent and wait to 20 weeks and just as for sure then! I think the bits be swollen but I'm not sure how swollen????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->