Can't admit to anyone else...

Well that's annoying... the sonographer wouldn't do any of the growth measurements because my last scan was within 2 weeks (the emergency one I had because I'd had a bleed, 11 days ago).
I'm so disappointed - I have another one at 32 weeks but that's 7 weeks away...! I really wanted to know if she's still measuring big.
All she would do is the cervical length measurement, which is internal so we literally didn't see anthing other than the top of her head - which obviously meant no gender confirmation either :-(

I can feel a private scan coming on...!

Hi everyone.

I just spent the evening getting up to date on everything that's been posted on here since late January. May I join?

I'm 21w4d along with my first. I was really hoping and thinking I was having a girl. So much so that I bought several onesies and sleepers and a couple hats and scratch mits, but it's a boy. : /

I'm still struggling with it. This pregnancy was not planned and I'm not really in any kind of proper relationship. Plus, the father doesn't want kids and he doesn't know yet. Only a handful of friends and my bosses know. I'm worried that this could be my only shot at having a kid and the fact that it's gonna be a boy is unacceptable to me. Also, I spent most of last year grieving the loss of my father. I don't want to now be "grieving" for the little girl I'm not having. -.-

Hi everyone.

I just spent the evening getting up to date on everything that's been posted on here since late January. May I join?

I'm 21w4d along with my first. I was really hoping and thinking I was having a girl. So much so that I bought several onesies and sleepers and a couple hats and scratch mits, but it's a boy. : /

I'm still struggling with it. This pregnancy was not planned and I'm not really in any kind of proper relationship. Plus, the father doesn't want kids and he doesn't know yet. Only a handful of friends and my bosses know. I'm worried that this could be my only shot at having a kid and the fact that it's gonna be a boy is unacceptable to me. Also, I spent most of last year grieving the loss of my father. I don't want to now be "grieving" for the little girl I'm not having. -.-

We all know how hard it is not getting the gender you desire. It can be so hard to think of the positives but boys are great. I have 2 and they are monkeys but my god they are cute. My eldest is bringing me flowers home when he is out with his dad and asking if he can buy me a bow for my hair. They do love their mums.
Also after losing your dad last year maybe you have been blessed with a boy for a reason? You will have a little man in your life that will love you forever just like your dad did. :flower: keep your chin up lovely, it will get easier :hugs:

Pretty, i know how you feel. I went shopping today and did a quick browse in the infant section. There were some dresses on clearance but i didnt have the courage to buy 1 because i didnt want to set myself up for disappointment. I did buy a pink bath towel though, only because it was on clearance and i wanted baby to have a soft bath towel, had it been a different color i wouldve bought it as well. No more baby shopping til we find out the gender.

My 12.6 week scan. I am certain its another boy.

Attachments

• 20170317_190251-1.jpg
    20170317_190251-1.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 10
Heyy girls!! I got panorama test done at 13 weeks and they said its a girl !
I know the DNA test is very accurate.. I wanted a baby boy.. can't admit to anyone!! but I am happy panorama test said the baby is all healthy !! I could not enjoy this pregnancy bcoz of this GD.:cry::cry:

A friend of mine (who's also pregnant and already has 1 daughter with her husband) just found out that she's having a boy, which is what she wanted. *huge sigh* -.-

I've done a bit of reflection in the past few weeks and have pretty much opened up to the possibility of another boy. Part of the reason that I'm more open to the idea is because no one else knows that I am pregnant so it pretty much eliminates all the pressure from outsiders and I dont get comments such as "oh, hope its not another boy, I hope you get your girl" etc. I know people dont mean any harm, but its really stressful when youre fingers are crossed so tighly for a specific gender. I am glad to have started out with extra padding so I can easily hide my bump. At 30 weeks last time, I only looked like I put on weight and not pregnant, so I am not kidding when I say that I am planning on keeping this baby a secret until I can no longer hide it. Wish me luck!

As I am sure you know I am one of the few here that didn't get what they wanted. I thought I would be heartbroken and I was for about a day. You will enjoy your pregnancy give it sometime. Being upset you are not getting the gender you wanted is totally normal. I still have bought nothing, not one thing as I just can't get excited too as I have 3 times before headed off to the blue section. I wanted pink. All my children are fall and winter children but this little man is summer so yes I have baby clothes but they are the wrong season. He will need clothes but I just do it. This is ok. It will come. When I see summer things out in the stores perhaps then I will get into it. Don't push yourself to feel excited it will come. I see posts about girls being emotional, read my niece posting how she is heartbroken over some dude from months before, how many parents have issues with their daughters as teens and wellthats not me. I am a boy mom. They break up with a girl they might cry a little, they will for a day or two, hide me play video games but that's about it. They might not date for a while after but they don't dwell on it and say there life is over. They from what I see are just so different and I guess someone upstairs agreed I am a boy mom, and that's ok.
You will be ok. We are here to listen as you "get over" not having the gender of choice. It's ok what you are feeling.
Kat123 hard to tell. Do you have one showing the whole imagine?

A friend of mine (who's also pregnant and already has 1 daughter with her husband) just found out that she's having a boy, which is what she wanted. *huge sigh* -.-

It's hard to say anything which doesn't sound trite or like I'm trying to minimise your sadness, as I did get the gender I wanted and probably wouldn't have been THAT disappointed if I hadn't.

However, what I do know is that you will love your son with all your heart when you have him, regardless of the fact that he is a boy. He will be the most amazing, amazing thing ever.

Hmm that does look boy to me based on the skull. When is your gender scan?

Do you have any other pics Kat, as I can't see a clear nub in the one.

Hmm that does look boy to me based on the skull. When is your gender scan?

Don't have it until the 11th of may so so far away.

Do you have any other pics Kat, as I can't see a clear nub in the one.

No they only have me 1 pic. Everyone on gender prediction has said girl so will probably be a boy, haha.

I'm the odd one out. The picture looks boy to me. What age is that taken at

So totally venting but I am sad now. A friend of mine posted on Facebook (on my wall of all things) a pair of really cute baby girl shoes for newborns. They have hearts and a big bow on them; just so cute. She leaves the comment; do you like these? I can get them for your baby cause i bet the gender thing was wrong and your having a girl; just a gut feeling.

Who says that! People need to think before saying stuff. I just responded "it was a blood test and trust me it's not wrong'. We are excited for our little boy as you should be. I doubt he will like pink bows and hearts. Trucks and blue streamers maybe.

Ughhhh

I'm sure your friend isn't a bad person, but that was a really dickish thing to do. Not only is it insensitive, assuming she knows your hopes didn't work out, but it also undermines your son. :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->