Cardioligist Tomorrow

Aidedhoney

Mum of Nats & Alex
Reaction score
Hey ladies, Got the Cardioligist tomorrow for a second indepth scan on my LOs heart, have know since about 16wks there is a major heart defect (to do with the track that pumps blood to the lungs).

Hoping that i find out tomorrow where and when i am giving birth and when surgery will be required. Its all very up in the air and its beginning to get me down, they are between 2 hospitals for delivery one 51miles away and the other 130miles away which is where i will have to go should LO need surgery straight after birth.
Has anyone here given birth miles away from friends and family? How did you cope?

Nerves are kicking in today, really hate going to these appiontments as feel sometimes its all negativity and doom and gloom. The cardioligist doesnt have very good communication skills and find it hard talking to him hes very brutal and to the point (offered me termination at 20wks then went on to say condition was repairable) Guess his job is to make sure my LO gets the best possible care.
Find as they get closer i get grumpy and irrational falling out with OH and been snappy with DD.

My consultant is brilliant but not due to see hime till 8th May, he did phone me after last cardio scan so hoping he will do the same this time (he dealt with me when i lost my twins last year so he knows my history and how much i want this baby)

Sorry for rambling, not really a point to this post just feels better to put things down on paper so to speak....................should go out in to the garden and scream!!!!!!!

xxx

You go scream in the garden if you need to hun and when you come back in have :hug: hope everything goes ok for you tomorrow and you find out where you are giving birth :hugs:

You poor thing - rant away all you want.

Is it Yorkhill you'd have to go to? If so, please be assured you are in fantastic hands there. My sister is a paediatrician and has worked in the cardiology department before.

I hope they can give you some more concrete dates for when things are going to happen.

talk, rant, scream as much as u need to hun. let us know how it goes and i will be thinkng about you :hugs:

Hope you get the best possible news tomorrow. Some doctors just don't have a way with words at all, glad you have another doc you can talk to though, must be very reassuring. Im sure anybody in a similar situation would be very anxious and stressed too, people will know you mean no harm x

oh gosh :( i'm sorry to hear you have had such a worry filled pregnancy! i really hope you hear some good news tomorow.

xXx

Aww hun, you shout, scream, stamp do what ever you want, we are all here for you. I really hope all goes well tomorrow and will be thinking of you, take care :hugs: XX

Oh Hun, I hope everything works out for u tomorrow, and there's better communication. I'm sorry about your past experiences, this must be frustrating and hard. Thinking of you dear. Now, go scream in the garden!
Fx

Good Luck tommorow,hoping you get the good news you want.You go do whatever it takes to feel better hun.Take care.x

You poor thing - rant away all you want.

Is it Yorkhill you'd have to go to? If so, please be assured you are in fantastic hands there. My sister is a paediatrician and has worked in the cardiology department before.

I hope they can give you some more concrete dates for when things are going to happen.

Yeah it would be Yorkhill which i know i has a fantastic reputation which is very reasurring.
More the not knowing and family not been close by as been told could be in hospital for a few wks depending on how bad it is. Which they really wont know till lo is here

xx
thanks

good luck for tomorrow :hugs::hugs:

Thanks just noticed that your in Dundee, its ninewells i am at tomorrow (cardioligist holds a monthly clinic there). Did you give birth there? How was the experience there?

I had my induced mc there and have been having all my scans there and so far they have been fantastic cant fault them at all.

xxx

hope all goes well tomorrow x

Thanks for all your kind words, had my appiontment which was much more positive this time, baby def has a problem which will 100% require surgery, today they have decided that surgery will be when baby is a few months old, the problem doesnt look half as bad as it did at my 1st appiontment.
90% success rate for the surgery which is fantastic.
Growth of baby is fine weighs 2lbs 6oz and is head down, have to go back to see my own consultant on 8th of may then cardioligist on 10th of June.
If things stay as they are delivery at ninewells which is 52 milesf from home but they have pedatric care which my local mw unit doesnt.

The relief is amazing think i can now enjoy been pregnant.

Thanks ladies your an amazing bunch

xxx

That is good news that you won't be too far from home for giving birth. Ninewells does have a great reputation too.

My sis is going back to cardiology from August so you might get to meet her!

That is good news that you won't be too far from home for giving birth. Ninewells does have a great reputation too.

My sis is going back to cardiology from August so you might get to meet her!

A friend of the family looks after all the poorly babies at Yorkhill so with her on board and your sister its all looking good lol:hug: :hug:

I'm so glad that the appointment went well and that you are feeling brighter...
big :hugs:
LP
xox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back