caterers!

dani_tinks

Mum to one of each
Reaction score
Hi beautiful brides & brides to be

Don't mean to be nosey but how much do you pay for caterers, like in total?
I have no idea what to expect ! We need to hire basically all cutlery etc from them too!

I have no idea hun, but me and OH have said we are going to cater it ourselves. His mum caters for a lot of things anyway, and we're basically going to get everyone to help us and choose things that we can do a few days before hand so it's not manic on the day or the day before - it'll save a fortune! I just googled cater your own wedding and it gives you looooads of tips too!
Didn't want to read and run but hopefully it helped, as I know my aunties spent a fortune for her catering but that's all she's said! :) x x

I am not sure either as our catering is part of our venue package.

I think it depends on what you are having ie a 3 course meal/buffet etc. I know some people are catering themselves or collecting the food from M&S and it works out way cheaper. The M&S food looks lush too!

x

I really can't be doing with arranging our food, too much hassle!
I'll just have to wait until the quotes are sent to me I guess then! hehe, ta for the replies ladies x

err, our venue are doing our food and we're paying;

£1650 for 55 3 course meals. We're not having evening food as the meal is quite late. x

I got a couple of quotes at the start of the planning process, 3 course meal, canapes, staff and cutlery/crockery hire for 110 people was anywhere between 5-7k inclusive of VAT

I think we're having an evening buffet, and that works out about £900.. but we can choose to have other things like chilli, curry, etc and not just sandwiches or the usual buffet food (that's for 100 people).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->