Cautiously Expecting..

So, Im worried... I had another u/s at 10wks (this past Sat)- the twins, from what we were told, looked and seemed good- their hbs were now 160 something (is that jump normal from 130 something to 160 in 3wks?) and they definitely grew. Anyways, that is not what worried me, yesterday my doc's office called and explained that they noticed cervical shortening from my last u/s (3 weeks ago). Im worried bc yes, google sucks (nothing uplifting on there for cervical shortening esp w twins) and I didnt feel like I got that much comfort from the doc's office. I mean they are great and told me not to worry but easier said than done. They didnt tell me the difference from 3wks ago (then, again, I didnt ask). They wanted me to see an h/r u/s which was already scheduled for my 1st check (bc of the twins) for the 24th (which my doc said would be ok, didnt need to get one asap). I didnt wanna wait that long so I tried to move it up but I guess, the 1st check cannot be before 13wks. Im just concerned, scared etc. Anyone know anything about this shortening (esp w/ twins)?

dmreid, my motto is. If they aren't worried, im not worried. I'm so happy to hear the twins are doing good! So exciting! I think its a pretty normal jump for the hb. One week my baby had a 100 the next 150, they didnt tell me last week what it was. Do you have a fetal dopler? I'm thinking about renting one for peace of mind. At the same time I don't want to go nuts with it you know?

The good pt, is you are right- they are immediately worried. They just wanna check into more. If they determine on the 24th, I need a stitch they do it around 13weeks anyways which is then.

No dopler, those things seem tricky and I dont wanna mess it up and create more stress for myself hee hee- I do have an OB appt on the 19th... so they will check w/ a dopler then.

How have you been?

Hey all. Its been awhile so I just wanted to stop in and see how everyone is doing. Im still awaiting my ultrasound on March 25th. Time is going ever so slowly with this pregnancy. Im still so worried and not topo hopeful that things are going as they should. Its hard after a missed miscarriagem because I know I cant rely on my body to tip me off if something is wrong. So i just sit and wait.!

DM I see you have a doctors appointment today. Good luck with that and please update on how your twins are doing!

The good pt, is you are right- they are immediately worried. They just wanna check into more. If they determine on the 24th, I need a stitch they do it around 13weeks anyways which is then.

No dopler, those things seem tricky and I dont wanna mess it up and create more stress for myself hee hee- I do have an OB appt on the 19th... so they will check w/ a dopler then.

How have you been?

I've been doing good, can't lie. I always get stressed out before appointments and become irritable. I have my appointment on tuesday and that will be my NT scan, are you doing that? I was going to opt out but, my husband was pretty persistant and I don't mind an extra ultrasound! LOL. I just always get so nervous that I'm too excited and that im going to get my hopes up. So, your apointment is on the 24th? They can't just stitch ya up now just in case :flower:?

Well Well, sorry I have been MIA... So had the OB appt last Wed (the 19th) and the high risk appt yesterday (the 24th).

At the OB appt, the nurse was able to locate one hb (170 something) w. the dop but called my OB in to check. They bought in this old u/s machine (or man... it was old and loud- so they didnt have to send me for an actual u/s- thankfully, they are getting a new machine soon). We were able to see 2 healthy cuddly little ones w/ hbs (one was faster than the other but nothing to be concerned about). The twins are laying on top of each other butt to head and head to butt- my OB just loved that pic of them! I was sent down for my 9 tubes of blood work... I dont do well w/ blood work, my veins hate it. It took 1.5hrs to complete! I have 3 bruises on my hands/ wrist... it was an adventure! Have not heard from the OB on the results as of yet- I am see them online but I have no idea what they mean.

Yesterday's first check, high risk u/s was kinda fun, kinda interesting, kinda nerve-wrecking... the twins are "beautiful" as the doc put it. I of course joked, if they are boys, they might not like to be called beautiful. We got to see 4 legs, 4 arms, 2 bladders, 2 craniums etc, it was so cool to see the tech labeling it all and showing us. They are good- both had 160 hbs and were bouncing all over the place, I think they just wanna be left alone for awhile :) The neck measurements were perfect- what a relieve, did take the finger blood test, just have to wait on that. All and all, they are doing well and still cuddling on top of each other- same position, butt to head and head to butt. The nerve-wrecking part is that at 16wks (just under 4 more to go), I have start going to the high risk doc every 2wks (this can increase down the rd, if they feel that they have to) bc the babies are high risk- "not the highest risk" but high risk.... bc they are identical and are sharing a placenta, there are things that can happen- mainly twin to twin transfusion and they have to watch for that and notice asap- if it will happen. Im nervous but just continuing to life one day at a time and pray we are all ok. There is nothing we can do to prevent it and anything, if it is to happen so I just have to do what they tell me. Its a blessing to be watched so much though, in the big picture. AND, the tech gave us a CD of all our pictures, what a cool partying gift :)

How is everyone else? Updates Updates...

Hey all. Its been awhile so I just wanted to stop in and see how everyone is doing. Im still awaiting my ultrasound on March 25th. Time is going ever so slowly with this pregnancy. Im still so worried and not topo hopeful that things are going as they should. Its hard after a missed miscarriagem because I know I cant rely on my body to tip me off if something is wrong. So i just sit and wait.!

DM I see you have a doctors appointment today. Good luck with that and please update on how your twins are doing!

How did your appointment go? I hope all is well!

dmreid, I am so HAPPY to hear your appointment went well! Those babies sound like they have great heart rates. I went in on the 25th and it was AMAZING. Ive never been this far along, I want to cry just typing it. My peanuts HB was 154, which makes me think its a boy. I wanted to share my photo!

Attachments

• baby.jpg
    baby.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 1
So happy everyone is going GREAT!! Here are my peanuts!

There is an "A" and a "B" on the pics of Baby A and Baby B... I NEED NEED NEED to know what these little ones are sooner than later, I wanna stop calling them Baby A and Baby B- its so impersonal hee hee

Attachments

• 10148253_10152271227325270_344417412_o.jpg
    10148253_10152271227325270_344417412_o.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 10156481_10152271227340270_935732588_o.jpg
    10156481_10152271227340270_935732588_o.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 2
So happy everyone is going GREAT!! Here are my peanuts!

There is an "A" and a "B" on the pics of Baby A and Baby B... I NEED NEED NEED to know what these little ones are sooner than later, I wanna stop calling them Baby A and Baby B- its so impersonal hee hee

AWW! Hi baby A and baby B!!!

Yea Tomorrow I will be 15 weeks and I have scheduled a private scan to find out the gender! Excited ^_^

Yea Tomorrow I will be 15 weeks and I have scheduled a private scan to find out the gender! Excited ^_^

How exciting!! We found out last wk that we are having girls- identical girls. My poor hubby as we have another girl already. hee hee.

Keep us posted!

Hi all! I found out yesterday that I am having a baby boy! I am so overwhelmed and happy and excited and blessed! I'm still having troubles sleeping! Can't wait to buy a couple of things for my little guy!

How exciting!! We found out last wk that we are having girls- identical girls. My poor hubby as we have another girl already. hee hee.

Keep us posted!

Aww! I wanted a girl, but everything is ok when they are showing your child to you, it's like the gender doesn't matter anymore! Congrats girl!

Hi all! I found out yesterday that I am having a baby boy! I am so overwhelmed and happy and excited and blessed! I'm still having troubles sleeping! Can't wait to buy a couple of things for my little guy!

Congrats!!!!! I went right home from the appt and got a few little girl outfits, I know what you mean!!!

Keep us posted!

Aww! I wanted a girl, but everything is ok when they are showing your child to you, it's like the gender doesn't matter anymore! Congrats girl!

I agree, I am slowly getting closer and closer to being more "excited" than "disappointed" the way that I have been looking at it is that, nothing I can do- just as long as they are healthy, they are ours for lifetime so what is the pt of being all sad... I cant wait to meet them!! Sept/ Oct cant come soon enough!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->