cautiously joining edd 8/12/15

Morning all!

Well, I surivived by birthday drinks but not without a few comments such as "why are you still sober" and "it's your birthday, we were expecting you to get hammered!"

Thankfully, I don't think they guessed because as far as they were oncerned, I was drinking - I was bought several glasses of wine and either went and swapped them for wine glasses of water, or kept the wine and subtly poured it away when I pretended to go for a cigarette (I smoked before I found out I was pregnant).

Whether they guessed or not, it did make it a highly amusing evening. At one point, a friend who knew we were trying for a baby commented on whether or not I was drinking, and even asked to taste my drink! Luckily at that point it was real wine and not water, so I think she was fooled! I am fairly positive that, assuming everything goes well, when we announce the pregnancy we will get a lot of "I KNEW IT" going on.

With my last 2 pregnancies, we told so many people really early on so I'm not sure why I'm so keen to keep it quiet this time. I think it's because I know it is probably going to be out last, and I want to keep something just for us for a little bit longer, if that makes any sense.

Wow, sorry for the essay! How is everone else this rainy Easter weekend? xx

haha I bet that did keep you entertained. I'm going to have all this next weekend for my dad's birthday. I think I'm going to go with kidney infection and on antibiotics.

I'm doing ok ... starting to feel a bit sick after eating ... I keep telling myself its far to early and I must be imaging it!

Xx

How's everyone doing? Anxiously approaching the 6 week mark here. Doc won't see me til week 8 :( i wanna see the little heartbeat and feel safe already!

I'm 6 weeks today! I'm feeling a bit nauseous which is abated by eating. I'm also constantly hungry. OH keeps joking that I'm going to give birth to a 10 pounder especially given DS was over 8 pounds and he was a week early. Still waiting for proper MS to kick in. I hope it does soon (I will probably come to regret those words!) as I will start to worry if it doesn't.

I'm 6 weeks today to. Nothing really other than sore breasts And slightly nauseous every now and then.Suvired a family birthday weekend by sayING I was on antibiotics haha.

Am waiting for an early booking in appointment and scan as I am classed as high risk due to a heart defect and a prevoius blood clot xx

My 6 weeks today! I'm driving my poor ob crazy!

I had sliiiiiight spotting about ten days ago and had a meltdown. Which was nothing, i called but she didn't see me, just told me to calm down and to come in if it got worse, and it just went away.

Sore boobs and suuuuuper tired -haven't made it up past 9pm on about 2 weeks. New one today, a couple of sharp tummy pains, real low center of my tummy, sharp enough that one woke me up at 5am. Called the poor dr again. (I had some pretty good cramps right when i found out i was pregnant which she assured me were normal, so i assume she'll tell me the same note) Feel so bad to keep bothering them, but I'm just so anxious!

Going into ANOTHER two week wait. Two weeks until my first appointment/scan!

Hi guys.

I caved and have a private scan book3d for today 1pm England time.

I have my booking in next Thursday and my first nhs scan the Thursday after that x

So exciting and so jealous! I haven't found anyone near me that'll do a private before 8 weeks! (Haha or I'd have one booked too! )

So exciting and so jealous! I haven't found anyone near me that'll do a private before 8 weeks! (Haha or I'd have one booked too! )

Mine wouldn't really before 7 weeks but said if I was happy to take the risk in not seeing to much they would do it. I saw a very strong heartbeat ... The pic is reassuring to xx

Attachments

• 20150417_135016.jpg
    20150417_135016.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 4

Mine wouldn't really before 7 weeks but said if I was happy to take the risk in not seeing to much they would do it. I saw a very strong heartbeat ... The pic is reassuring to xx

Congratulations Hopeful.

I made it! (with SOME of my sanity intact!)

8wks today and got to see the little nugget! Measured 8wks exactly and 160 heartbeat!

Have you all told people yet?

My mom knew, but our plan had been to tell people after the scan today, but my doctor put me off a little on it...she basically said there's less risk once you've seen the heartbeat, but the big difference is when you HEAR it (3 weeks from now!)...I don't think I can make it!...And to some extent know I can't...we have my inlaws in next week and some very good friends the week after and I know I won't be able to hide it (inlaws are outdoorsy and I'll be having to explaining morning sickness/why I will not be hiking 15 miles a day and our friends are coming for an event called "Brew at the Zoo" so my lack of drinking at a 3 day brewfest will be obvious).

What are your plans?

Hi ... awww I had a scan today to and am 8 weeks as well. We'll the plan is to tell the in laws tonight. We live with them and somethings are getting had to hide. Due to a previous blood clot I am now on injections all of pregnancy. This was the final straw to tell them.

I'm sooooooo nervous to tell. I really don't know how they will react x

I'm 8 weeks as well and got to see bubs today due to some one sided pain that I had been experiencing. Everything looks good, bubs is measuring exactly right and has snuggled in the right place thankfully and we got to see the heartbeat :happydance:

We're telling family in stages due to us wishing to tell them face to face. OH's brother and wife know as they visited a few weeks ago and immediately cottoned on to why I wasn't drinking. We told my parents last weekend and we're going to tell OH's parents tomorrow. OH is going to say to them 'here's a picture of your grandchild' and hand them the scan picture we got today when they will be expecting a picture of DS. :)

I'm 8 weeks as well and got to see bubs today due to some one sided pain that I had been experiencing. Everything looks good, bubs is measuring exactly right and has snuggled in the right place thankfully and we got to see the heartbeat :happydance:

We're telling family in stages due to us wishing to tell them face to face. OH's brother and wife know as they visited a few weeks ago and immediately cottoned on to why I wasn't drinking. We told my parents last weekend and we're going to tell OH's parents tomorrow. OH is going to say to them 'here's a picture of your grandchild' and hand them the scan picture we got today when they will be expecting a picture of DS. :)

Awww sounds lovely. Well the anoucement went down well in our house xx

Hopeful I'm glad your announcement went well!

And thank you ladies! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who couldn't possibly make it to the 12 week mark!

Hehe I've never been a forums person but the support is so appreciated!

Well i thought the scan would ease my mind about risk.... but I'm still a nervous wreck. (For admittedly no good reason) next scan isn't until the 21st (11 weeks). Which I'm already worried about because the plan is to do doppler, and I'm "a little fluffy" as my doctor put it -maybe 15 lbs over weight -and I'm super worried they won't find it. Contemplating a private scan at like 10 weeks to try and ease my mind...

I'm the same. Even though I saw baby's heart beat Thursday I'm already outta my mind worrying again. All my symptoms have gone again so that's not helping. My next scan is on 3rd June which is 13+2. I'm thinking of booking another private scan at about 10 11 weeks. My oh will go nuts but I just can't relax xx

So i ordered a doppler. It should be here Tuesday. Maybe that'll calm me down.

Hey ladies,

So in 13 weeks tomorrow! Crazy right! Thoughts on when you all plan on hopping over to second tri?

Hi ..... I'm glad this thread is still going. I'm 13 weeks Friday and have my scan today .... so nervous o can't sleep. How's it going? I'll probably move to second tri after today if all is well x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->