Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Hi Pretty :wave:
Im so very sorry for your losses :hugs: fxd your scan brings nothing but good news. How far along are you? If it helps I didnt suffer any ms at all with my DS but have suffered already with this pregnancy.

JD - Sorry lovely I have just seen your post in the other thread. So sorry for your loss too hun :hugs: I am only 4weeks, what is your estimated dd? Are you going to be having an early scan? xxx

hi louby!! my due date will be the 23rd Sept (hopefully!!) im so glad theres someone else as early as me- im freaking out that af will arrive on sunday and itl b over :S what about u? are u around the same dates as me?

Im not sure about the early scan- im going to the doctors on monday so will probably ask then... last time feels like it went so quick, this time i see every minute passing!! ru going to ask for one? i think the earliest they would do it last time was 6w4... might ask the doctor if he can refer me anyway as i am very nervous!! xoxox

I am 4w 3d at the moment and have a due date of the 18th September - the day before my first wedding anniversary :) So I'm not too far infront of you.

I went to my doctors on Monday and he was pretty useless to be fair. In fact he upset a little with his insensitivity and told me to speak to my midwife regarding a referral.
I have spoken with my midwife and she has arranged my booking in appointment for Thursday and is referring me for an early scan between 6 and 7 weeks. I wish I had just gone to her in the first place but hey ho! I hope you get more luck with your GP hun - you will have to keep us posted.

I know what you mean about time dragging.....I feel like I've known for AGES when its only been 6days :rofl: I can see this being a Looooong 9months (PMA for 9Months) xxxx

I am 4w 3d at the moment and have a due date of the 18th September - the day before my first wedding anniversary :) So I'm not too far infront of you.

I went to my doctors on Monday and he was pretty useless to be fair. In fact he upset a little with his insensitivity and told me to speak to my midwife regarding a referral.
I have spoken with my midwife and she has arranged my booking in appointment for Thursday and is referring me for an early scan between 6 and 7 weeks. I wish I had just gone to her in the first place but hey ho! I hope you get more luck with your GP hun - you will have to keep us posted.

I know what you mean about time dragging.....I feel like I've known for AGES when its only been 6days :rofl: I can see this being a Looooong 9months (PMA for 9Months) xxxx
oh thats horrible- nothing worse than a bad doctor!! mine was very good last time, although i went straight to the epu when i started to bleed and they were amazing and took over as such so not sure how it will work this time... hopefully he will be able to help!

I will defo let u all know- my best friend has just texted me asking if im pregnant.... she wont tell me y she thought this but i hope its a sign... oh god i just want everything to be ok... and chilllll lol!

are you feeling any symptoms yet? im like a pig- cannot stop eating!!! although that could just be normal for me lol!

Im glad you doc is a little love :)

OMG how strange that your best friend just text you that!! Are you going to tell her? I'm going out for dinner with my best friend tonight and not sure whether to say anything or not. She is like a sister to me and was there for me so much through the loss and knows we were ttc but I don't want to tempt fate at the same time :wacko: Mind you she will prob guess as it's not like me to go to the pub and not have a large glass of vino :haha:

I have had ms!! This is a total first for me though. I didn't have any with my son or with my last prg but I'm hoping it's a good thing :shrug: I'm also having VERY vivid dreams, some of them are soooo strange!
Ha, I'm a gannet all the time anyway so wouldn't really notice if I was eating more. I have always had what I like to call a 'healthy' appetite lol!

Well OH said he would take my youngest to nursery so I said Sweet! Nap time! And I just woke up :haha:

JD you are most certainly welcome to be here, any cautiously pegnant Ladies are :flower: We need to be able to discuss our worries with those who have the same, it just wouldn't be fair to take our fears into a regular thread. Thats really good about the cb digi!!! I got a 2-3 at 15 dpo, and just got my 3+ today at 21 dpo. (Over 2000 hcg!!) I'm done testing now, as the cheapie tests haven;t gotten any darker in days- they are so dark they literally reachd the limit of how dark they will go!

Hello Pretty :flower: Looks like you have the same problem as me- want so much to be positive, but can't quite believe it will go well yet. Roll on scan! Mines on the 24th. Its like a whole new 2ww :wacko: I don't feel sick yet either, never have until after week 6 and that goes for my very normal healthy pregnancies aswell. Was a cause found for the losses before your Boy came along?

Louby my midwife is very friendly indeed, quite pleasant as someone to chat with, but I don't approve of how little clout she has. You'd think that she could refer for scans and whatnot but apparently it just doesn't work like that round here. Daft is what it is. Gp's have enough to do without being the ones that have to refer pregnant ladies, afterall its not their area is it, its the midwifes'! It defies all logic to me! I'll be telling her this too lol I'll be stubborn and midwife myself. :haha:

Im glad you doc is a little love :)

OMG how strange that your best friend just text you that!! Are you going to tell her? I'm going out for dinner with my best friend tonight and not sure whether to say anything or not. She is like a sister to me and was there for me so much through the loss and knows we were ttc but I don't want to tempt fate at the same time :wacko: Mind you she will prob guess as it's not like me to go to the pub and not have a large glass of vino :haha:

I have had ms!! This is a total first for me though. I didn't have any with my son or with my last prg but I'm hoping it's a good thing :shrug: I'm also having VERY vivid dreams, some of them are soooo strange!
Ha, I'm a gannet all the time anyway so wouldn't really notice if I was eating more. I have always had what I like to call a 'healthy' appetite lol!
I just sent her a picture of my ten tests lol and a :S face lol! she was amazing when i lost my first- she took me to the hospital when i was freaking out and was there the whole time when i needed someone!! she says to wait til sunday and then we can get excited lol- she feels like shes the third parent to be!! lol! I know what u mean about tempting fate but the way i look at it is if something happens i want support, i dont want to have to tell people everything. I would tell her!!!

I like your way of thinking! Im sure I will end up telling best pal tonight. It's just scary saying the words out loud and I don't know why :shrug:
Right I'm for a little while now....catch up later ladies :)

xxxx

I like your way of thinking! Im sure I will end up telling best pal tonight. It's just scary saying the words out loud and I don't know why :shrug:
Right I'm for a little while now....catch up later ladies :)

xxxx

You don't have to say it out loud, a certain look and a point in the direction of your tummy will tell it well enough :flower:

Well im only 5 weeks which isnt a great deal. Every time I do a ticker I jinks it and mc so not doing one at the moment. All 5 Mc before my boy was unexplained unless chromosome abnormal. However I have invested again in testing at St Marys and they said I have APS so on progestrone, aspirin.

I think I will be happier when I have my early scan hopefully hb and then I will be hoping I will reach the golden 8 weeks.

Is any one else on meds?

Also, everyone with babies do you find this prego even more nerve wracking? and some pressure not to mc? Previously always wanted a baby but now having one the desire to have number 2 is unbelievable - suppose I love being a mum !!!!

So I am new here... I have popped into this site many times to read what others post for advice/ help/ etc. but never joined until today when I found this strand... This morning I just got my BFP! I am so excited,:happydance: but so terrified at the same time. I have a happy, healthy two year old and had minimal complications with her pregnancy... When we decided to go for kid 2, it took us what felt like forever to conceive... I reached almost 10w in September 2011 when I found out that I had miscarried... (I had light spotting so I went to the doctor, they did an u/s and estimated the baby had stopped developing at about 8w so I had a d&c) This was our second month of trying after the go ahead from the doctor. At the time of the miscarriage, the doctor thought it might have been caused by low progesterone (they never checked my levels in that pregnancy, but I guess in hindsight, the symptoms I had sounded pretty textbook...)
I called the doctor's office to make an appointment and they won't let me see a doctor until they confirm the pregnancy which they can't do till Monday for some odd mystery which I just find frustrating... Once I can actually get into him, my doctor is wonderful and he assured me when I had my follow-up from my d&c that they would run every test under the sun and do early scans etc. to help reassure me as we go through, I just find the red tape of getting into him a bit irritating (guess moodiness is also kicking in a little already!) I am just so anxious to get in to see him and get my blood work done...
Anyway, I hope you all don't mind my jumping in... I felt pretty much in the same boat and thought having someone to talk to through this journey would be lovely!
(And congrats to all of you on the BFPs!!!)

I haven't been put on any meds, but I am on pregnancy multivits and I decided to take low dose asprin too, for no reason other than I clot super fast when I hurt myself and I wondered if that may have been made worse by my last pregnancy even though I know anything could happen I somehow just feel safer taking the asprin than not taking it. If I didn;t take it and had another MMC I would be in a world of doubt thinking that I should have taken it. I'd much rathe rbe saying at least I did, than I wish I had!

This pregnancy is the most nerve wracking thing ever! My first two I breezed through, and even had relatively easy births. Won't even let myself imagine a baby this time, no names either, just fingers crossed all the way!

So I am new here... I have popped into this site many times to read what others post for advice/ help/ etc. but never joined until today when I found this strand... This morning I just got my BFP! I am so excited,:happydance: but so terrified at the same time. I have a happy, healthy two year old and had minimal complications with her pregnancy... When we decided to go for kid 2, it took us what felt like forever to conceive... I reached almost 10w in September 2011 when I found out that I had miscarried... (I had light spotting so I went to the doctor, they did an u/s and estimated the baby had stopped developing at about 8w so I had a d&c) This was our second month of trying after the go ahead from the doctor. At the time of the miscarriage, the doctor thought it might have been caused by low progesterone (they never checked my levels in that pregnancy, but I guess in hindsight, the symptoms I had sounded pretty textbook...)
I called the doctor's office to make an appointment and they won't let me see a doctor until they confirm the pregnancy which they can't do till Monday for some odd mystery which I just find frustrating... Once I can actually get into him, my doctor is wonderful and he assured me when I had my follow-up from my d&c that they would run every test under the sun and do early scans etc. to help reassure me as we go through, I just find the red tape of getting into him a bit irritating (guess moodiness is also kicking in a little already!) I am just so anxious to get in to see him and get my blood work done...
Anyway, I hope you all don't mind my jumping in... I felt pretty much in the same boat and thought having someone to talk to through this journey would be lovely!
(And congrats to all of you on the BFPs!!!)

Hi Hopeful! :hugs: I'm sorry for your loss, mine was similar- 7 week baby with no HB at my 12 week scan. I only had tiny spotting but not until the night before the scan. I was told that the most likely reason was chromosomes.

Congratulations on your BFP! Like you I didn't post until I found somewhere I felt comfortable and I agree that support from those who have gone through similar experiences is absolutely priceless!

I havent asked for bloodwork myself because after the MMC I developed a phobia to being stuck with a needle! Sorry this reply took so long, infuriatingly, my browser is opting today to freeze up on me every second word I type and its getting daft now! Think I'll go restart it...or punch it! Computers clearly do not understand about hormones and NOT provoking cautiously pregnant ladies!

Hello ladies,

Just checking in. I'm so sorry that we all need this thread, but I'm glad that we've all got our BFPs. I have a feeling that ALL of us are going to have healthy, full-term, beautiful, bouncing babies!

I'm feeling better about my whole work situation today. I'm not going to say anything for a while. I'm going to work my butt off and show them I can do it and then tell them when I'm around 12 weeks or maybe even later if I'm not showing yet. We'll see!

HI ladies

I just wanted to sat hello. i am not pregnant but thought you might want to look at a very similar thread that i have been part of for about 18 months and is still going strong. We were a group of 6 ladies who had all had miscarriages and also had quite a few scares between is along the way but we all now havebeautiful babies who are all coming up for their first birthdays,

Just thought it might help you see taht even if there are bumos akong the way there can be a very posititve outcome. The thread is called "Cautiously here .."

Wishing all you ladies a happy and healthy 9 months and a beautiful baby at the end of it. xxxxxx

Huge congratulations! I've had six miscarriages before this pregnancy, so I can definitely relate to the part about not taking it for granted (although I haven't been able to have any surviving children before now, so I envy you that you got a chance to have a "naively optimistic" pregnancy! :)) For the vast majority of women, a miscarriage is a random fluke that is not likely to happen again. So, cling to that, as well as knowing that your body is capable of bringing a baby to term, and try to enjoy your pregnancy as much as possible through the worrying! :flower:

HI ladies

I just wanted to sat hello. i am not pregnant but thought you might want to look at a very similar thread that i have been part of for about 18 months and is still going strong. We were a group of 6 ladies who had all had miscarriages and also had quite a few scares between is along the way but we all now havebeautiful babies who are all coming up for their first birthdays,

Just thought it might help you see taht even if there are bumos akong the way there can be a very posititve outcome. The thread is called "Cautiously here .."

Wishing all you ladies a happy and healthy 9 months and a beautiful baby at the end of it. xxxxxx

Smiler!!!!! Your thread is what inspired me to make this one! :hugs::hugs::hugs: I found your thread helped me just from reading it, watching you all go from hcg worries to 2nd tri and beyond! :flower:

Hello PoodleMommy :hugs: I'm sory for your losses, I can't imagine how awful it is to have so many-did they find a reason why?

Congratulations on this pregnancy, it must have been a relief beyond belief to have reached that amazing 24 week viability point and to be more than half way there! :flower::happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->