CBFM Buddy

Hi ladies :)

My cycles prior to the MC were 26 days - super short with a possible luteal phase issue. I have never really committed to temping, but I may do so for this cycle because last cycle the CBFM did NOT work, and the OPKs indicated LH surge, but I'm pretty sure that I didn't ovulate (I usually feel it).

I am planning on using CBFM this month, as well as OPKs and the SMEP (Sperm Meets Egg Plan). I'll probably dig out my thermometer and see if I can temp just to be sure I ovulated.

Tink - I can't believe that we're only on CD3, this is taking forever already. How long are your cycles usually?

Garfie - The waiting to hear is the HARDEST/WORST part - hope the time passes quickly.

I went for some additional blood testing yesterday (AMH, FSH, progesterone, estrogen, beta) and I have a ultrasound/sonogram tomorrow to make sure nothing is generally wrong with my uterus. At least I can do something, but I just feel like its taking forEVER.

Whats better to use??

CB digi OPK or cheapies with lines??

because the more i read on here the lines get deeper and deeper but they just confuse me lol :haha:
I have the digi ones but its one of 2 settings lol

I absolutely think that cheapies are the best because they indicate strength and you can compare them and they are cheap so you can use lots without feeling guilty.

I know this is really slow :(

Um they vary 28 days, then 23 days, then 28 again and then 31! So no idea!! Xx

hi ladies :)

i am on my first cycle of using the CBFM. i am on CD17 and i have been getting high readings from day 6. today on CD17 i got my first peak.

i did a CB ovulation test today and it was negative.

do you think i will get a positive on the ovulation test tomorrow?

and ... do you only ever get 2 peak days with the CBFM?

am i right in thinking i will ovulate in 2 days time? ie. i got a peak CD17 and will probably tomorrow at CD18 and then ovulate CD19?

morning ladies, hope everyone is well

Felix, congrats on your PEAK, you can now stop POAS as it will automatically give you your second PEAK followed by a HIGH and then LOW. if you are not temping it is really hard to say when you O, it can be your first or your second peak. not sure about the following high, from what I gather most people O on their second peak.

Chicky, how's testing going? I will start (if I can hold myself from POAS) testing on Sunday. I have to go abroad for a few days on Monday so obviously cant go without POAS. I just got 50 OPK (for next cycle) and 30 pregnancy tests, let POAS begin :)

am off to my GP, want to ask to refer me to a gynecologist to investigate why after lap I ovulate so early and have short cycles. Also still not sure what's going on with my stitches that are supposed to be dissolvable, I still have pieces of thread sticking out. Love my temps though - definitely ovulated!

Hi everyone :flower:

Well believe it or not ive stopped poas! I can't quite believe it myself but soooooo fed up of seeing bfn's :shrug: so il see what temps do and test now if af doesn't arrive which I'm pretty sure it will now judging on temps :shrug: can't quite believe how sensible I'm being:shrug: lol.

Hi felix as Briss said its hard to tell without temps. Congrats on the peak thou! I usually ov second peak but last month it was first! So I'd bd every other high and both peaks just to be sure :happydance:

Ooh and had a meltdown yesterday! Lost my cbfm! Lol. I know I don't need it to be poas at this point but I am so bloody ditzy!! It's ok thou, I've found it again lol. Bein too tidy while dh was off fishing and put it where it should be for a change :dohh:

Love you all! Chicky xx

Morning ladies

Felix - Great to see you got your PEAK :happydance: do you not temp? as that is the only way to see when you O.

Briss - Have you been adjusting your temps if needed, yes I agree you can def see that you have O and so far an 11 day LP is okay too! Have your cycles changed drastically is that why you are going to see a gynae?:flower:

Chicky - Where are you hiding?:hugs:

Pixie - What's happening with you?

Mrs B - Good luck for your scan 6 June - lets hope you finally get to see boy/girl. Just out of interest did you do the cabbage predictor test? - I have and it came up a gorgeous purple (girl) colour for me. So got one of my lads to do it and it came up a lovely red colour for him phew!

AFM - A bit of a headache today and feeling slight nausea oh and still waiting for the Mid Wife to get in touch :growlmad:

:hugs:

X

Chicky, I can totally understand about POAS. I stopped that a while ago when I noticed that I basically cry every time I see BFN but despite that I still secretly hope that the tests are wrong and so get yet another disappointment when AF arrives and have another cry. I do far lass crying when I do not test... but as my business trip next week will likely involve a lot of social drinking, am definitely testing on Sunday as need to know whether I can drink alcohol or (hopefully!) not

Garfie, yes I now adjust my temps, thanks ladies so much for explaining how it works! My cycles seemed to get much shorter after the lap from 26-28 days to 22 and O moved from CD13-14 to CD 9-10, Just been to GP actually but she thought it's better if I go to FS where I had the lap and talk to them.

hey girlies
sorry been enjoying the british weather for once lol

felix - well done one your peak :) and how come you are not temping??

garfie - not a lot really lol still getting highs and my temps are all over the place still

what do you all mean RE. adjusting temps??

AFM: went docs yesterday for smear and to get a blood test letter now got docs on mon for blood test as didnt want to wait 4 hours at hospital so made an appointment to have it done, and still getting negatives on OPK's

oh and what does everone think of having an night out whilst TTCing

:dust:

Mrs B - Good luck for your scan 6 June - lets hope you finally get to see boy/girl. Just out of interest did you do the cabbage predictor test? - I have and it came up a gorgeous purple (girl) colour for me. So got one of my lads to do it and it came up a lovely red colour for him phew!
X

Hiya, Thank you :)

No I didnt do it as I read it was best done before 10 weeks and I was well past that when I heard of it.

I'm getting impatient now! I just want to know the gender!! x

So 10dpo and bang on time Im spotting again :cry: I cannot wait to get blood results, af isn't due for another 5 days :shrug: that's it I'm having that pimms!!! :winkwink: x

Chicky - Aw hun but you know the score not out until full flow (maybe implantation:thumbup:)

When can you get your results can you not phone for them?

Grab the pimms - after all I was convinced I was out and grabbed a bottle of wine :blush:

Mrs B - I bet you do this little one is sure keeping you hanging:winkwink: hope you have got over your m/s now.:hugs:

Pixie - Do you take your temps at the same time including a weekend? - if not you may need to readjust your temps for them to be more accurate.:flower:

Briss - Do you have to be referred for FS or can you just walk in? - hope you get your answers soon:hugs:

AFM - After spending most of the day on the phone chasing around 2 hospitals to find out who my MW is. I find out she is on holiday :dohh: but she will phone me back on Monday first thing to arrange a booking appointment and an early scan.:happydance:

Although the womanI spoke to seemed more concerned about booking the 12w nuchal scan so I guess this is where the fun begins:happydance:

X

Garfie I've grabbed it and it is goooooood!!!! :happydance: I'm not sure when I can get results as dr told me to go in and have a proper appointment with her to get them as I won't understand what they mean :shrug: so it's officially the 12th June xxx

yes I temp everyday @ 1 pm as i work until midnight so don't get to sleep until bout 4 lol

thanks so much for the replies ladies! :)

yes i temp .... my chart is here:
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3b2ece

i have JUST done a clearblue ovulation test and it had a smiley so i am guessing i will O tomorrow.

i must say i didn't think it would get it right the first month but it seems spot on happy with that :happydance:

good luck to everyone :)

thanks so much for the replies ladies! :)

yes i temp .... my chart is here:
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3b2ece

i have JUST done a clearblue ovulation test and it had a smiley so i am guessing i will O tomorrow.

i must say i didn't think it would get it right the first month but it seems spot on happy with that :happydance:

good luck to everyone :)

lucky you on first month on my 3rd cycle and haven't hit peak yet am only on CD16 and had 3 days of high so hoping to peak mid next week as working non stop now until sunday and can't travel so really could do with staying high until then :)

:dust:

I don't get what my chart is supposed to be doing! Lol. Those two high temps last 2 days were taken earlier but when I adjusted them they got hotter so left them as actually had solid sleep! Xx

I don't get what my chart is supposed to be doing! Lol. Those two high temps last 2 days were taken earlier but when I adjusted them they got hotter so left them as actually had solid sleep! Xx

Don't worry tink it looks good to me! And yay for the good sleeps!! :wohoo: xxx

Chicky - Hows the spotting going hun:flower:

Tink - I agree those temps look fine to me - are you making a note of what they would have been if you adjusted (I always did that in the note section).

Felix - If you want us ladies to stalk your chart it might be easier if you put it in your signature in picture format - so much easier to see at a glance but of course it is up to you hun :winkwink:

Pixie - Hope you get your PEAK next week by about my 3rd cycle my CBFM had got to know me (just looked at old charts :haha:). How are you getting on with your OPK?

Briss - Are you still managing not to POAS :winkwink:

AFM - Had some terrible cramping last night was really worried, but think it was because I got cross yesterday with stupid MW - seems to have calmed down today so fingers crossed all is still okay :happydance:

X

about temping, I usually wait until thermometer is done beeping and then take it out and check my temp but this morning I noticed (by accident) that after my silly thermometer was beeping my temp continued claiming up until about 20 seconds after it stopped beeping. So basically if I'd taken it out immediately after it stopped beeping I would get 36.6, but my actual temp was 36.8 - quite a difference!

I checked instructions and it say that thermometer is supposed to start beeping after temp stopped claiming up, does this mean my thermometer is not working properly? Confusing... just in case, I bought a new thermometer but I can only start using it next cycle

Garfie, it is not easy not to POAS but I am sort of sure I will be disappointed if I do POAS now :( at the moment I am at a stage where I keep touching my tummy and secretly hope I am pregnant while at the same time ignoring AF's symptoms (which are unfortunately here since yesterday) The second best thing would be not to get AF until CD26 (which is my normal cycle).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->