CBFM Buddy

Hi Hun welcome :hugs:

Tell us what happened first cycle? Did you get a peak at all? What time of day do you use it? I found that could make a huge difference. Do you temp also? X

It can take some women a few months for the machine to detect their peak. Can you see a change in the lines on your sticks over the past couple of weeks?

Another handy tool is temping (taking your temperature every morning) it can't predict when you'll ovulate but it can confirm that it's happened. I think most of us in here use(d) fertility friend which is a free charting website and has lots of useful information on tracking your cycle.

If you haven't noticed any change in the lines it's probably worth talking to your gp about doing some blood tests to see if you ovulate. If you're not regularly ovulating there are some relatively simple treatments that can help.

If you're noticing a change I wouldn't worry too much, and give it another cycle to see what happens.

Did you buy the machine new, or 2nd hand. If 2nd hand did you remember to reset it?

Hi guys! Thank you so much for ur replies! To be honest I haven't noticed a great change in the sticks at all! My first month of using it I had from cd8 until the last stick and it went back to low! No peak :( i have made a docs appointment for the 1st but I'm really hoping that I will peak by then so I can cancel it! I bought my monitor new, I read so many good reviews I thought after my mc in April it would take the stress away but it's done the complete opposite! I can't help thinking there's something not right with me! Has it helped u guys conceive?

Like exil said it can take a couple of months Hun to really get to know your cycles, I would definitely temp if you can for the next month or so to see if you have a thermal shift, you can link it into your signature so we can all stalk and help you out with that too. I naturally fell after investigations and it was the one cycle I didn't use it because after years I admitted defeat and have up! :haha: BUT it taught me (along with temping) so much about my cycle. Do tend to vary in length? I would ov anywhere between cd16 & 24!!! Could be you are just missing your window slightly.

The cbfm will give you a good heads up that re fertile window is on it's way but usually temping will tell you more.

And depending on where you are they can make you wait a while before they will investigate anything. After initial appointments and depending on age they can make you wait a year before they will even run a basic blood test :cry:

Hi - Hlh - just wondering how you are getting on hun :hugs:

:hugs:

X

hey girlies i am finaly back and trying once again, missed everyone, so glad to see mostly everyone mummies now, lets jst say i have been away for a while

excited :)

Hi Pixie

Welcome back - you're right most of the ladies are mums some some are even pregnant with a 2nd:happydance:

I'm still here - just - about to go in for another CD21 test on Monday - cycles have gone screwy since last DNC (see sig).

So what's new with you? :hugs:

X

Awww sorry garfie it will happen soon for you fingers crossed

Just waiting on thermometer now to start temping, hoping to find a new donor before December as moved since I started my break hopefully will do as signed up to a site called co parent but do donors too and had 8 msg within 3 days but have to pay to read them lol

Will do that this week when payday comes lol

Omg pixie!!!! We wondered where you had gone!!! Great to have you back and know you are ok thou Hun :hugs:

Can't wait to have another chart to stalk again :happydance:

Hi Pixie, great to hear from you! Welcome back! hopefully this time around it will be a very short journey for you.

garfie, am so sorry about your losses. have you looked into immune issues and NK cells? as far as I know the main reason for mc is either chromosomal/DNA issues with sperm/egg or implantation issues which are most commonly immune issues. There are some meds (i.e. prednisolon) that help switch off your immune response so implantation can take place.

chicky, how are you?

afm, had a failed natural IVF cycle (ended in chemical). there was a lot of drama seeing that BFP for the first time only to lose it the next day. this is my first cycle after the IVF, been to gyno before and after O, did some bloods and everything looks great although the temp is little crazy. CBFM still works perfectly for me, 26 cycles using it and counting. Completely lost all hope in TTC naturally with low sperm count, even ICSI is no help to us as a good looking sperm can turn out to be chromosomally abnormal hence the chemical. Am looking into hard core IVF science to help embryologist to pick a healthy sperm for our next ICSI (although am told that this is not possible and just a matter of luck, but how much luck do you need to pick a single healthy specimen among millions?).

hopefully wont take long but lost all my equip in fire @ home and i think my old donor thinks oh its been almost a year since i last had help, he prob think i was pregers n didnt tell him lol
he wont reply to my emails

so new donor it is lol but as i am in shared house at the moment gonna try and get one local enuff so they can come to the house

then in feb i am moving from London to Northampton so the plan is i get BFP before that :)

Briss - So sorry for your loss - it's devastating even if you only just found out for a few days - all of a sudden everything changes and you begin to dare to hope and plan (been there to many times) - BIG :hugs:

AFM - I have had all the basic tests the NHS will provide - had to travel to get them done at a special recurrent m/c venue - I was in the process of having a HSG and other tests (when I fell pregnant - pregnancy number 4) so they stopped all testing anyway I lost that one and was going to have to wait months before they began testing again:cry: the very next month I was pregnant (pregnancy number 5) and once again they put testing on hold - no point.:happydance:

I even managed to see a heartbeat with this little one and everything was going well - or so I thought:cry:

So this was back in June and since my DNC my cycles have got longer but also my O has got longer so making the LP shorter.:wacko: I feel my hormones are very out of wack - so the dr has suggested some further blood tests - one is CD21 on Monday (not that I expect it to show anything) but you never know and at least she will see I am Ovulating late:dohh: and then the next two tests are CD1 - CD3 to check the quality of eggs FSH/LH.

Then finally at the beginning of December I am going for a full pelvic u/s to check ovaries etc.

I suppose it's a slim chance - but still a possibility - that something happened during the last DNC - I know they dilated me to 10cm (fully dilated) which is quite scary - from my understanding it's usually no where near that wide:wacko:

So for now hubby gets his new baby (a car) and as for me I'm still waiting for my new baby and the years are rolling by:cry:

X

Garfie, I am not sure if you come across this thread for ladies with re-current mc. I think they all got pregnant and had babies in the end but they had to take certain meds to achieve it. I just thought it might be useful. The latest one Mandy just got pregnant naturally at 42 on 40 mg of prednisilone

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...ies-perfectly-unscientific-medical-trial.html

woo hoo

think i have found another donor :)

starting temping now, but its in Fahrenheit so have to convert it does that make a difference?

and starting peeing on a stick every day today... donor sperm ok as he has donated 9 successful pregnancies so far to date :)

and he only a 20 min drive from me too.

So Excited!!!

Briss so so sorry about the first attempt. :hugs: Hope this one works.

Pixie so lovely to hear from you. Good luck with everything xx

well girls showing all sign of ovulation started yesterday and planned already to meet donor yesterday, today, tomorrow and monday, was getting all excited because would have actually caught ovulation for once and being sure about it too!!

well as it happens my donor never showed up!!!

so back on the search for next month!

Aw pixie - sorry they never turned up - how rude:growlmad:

Hope you have better luck next month:hugs:

X

Hello ladies

Just checking in to see how you all are.

Hopefully those of us waiting will get our Christmas BFPs:happydance:

X

Hi garfie, fingers crossed for all of us!

afm, am due for egg collection tomorrow. stims did not work for me as predicted cos of high FSH so I will get only 2 eggs if I am lucky. hoping and praying…

Aw good luck Briss - I don't really understand the thing about stimming - hoping you get two BIG FAT eggys:happydance:

AFM - Because of the way my cycle fell I have missed my CD1 - 3 blood test:cry:

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back