CD 5, 1st round clomid on days 3-7

Sperm analysis isn't good. 15% motility. I don't even know how to feel right now.

Greenie - Sorry you've had such a tough time! We're close in our cycles, I'm CD17 of my second round and hoping to ovulate soon. I didn't ovulate on 50 mg, and haven't ovulated yet on 100mg but hoping maybe it's just coming later than expected. I'm only two rounds in but I've started looking at the next steps too...and it is kind of scary. :( Fingers crossed this is THE cycle. :dust:

lanet - :( So sorry to hear you got that news. I'm sure there's nothing that can be said to make it sting less, but at least you have an answer now as to what's wrong. Did you get to talk to the doctor at all about them or were you just given the test results? :hugs:

Lolo - I am so sorry. It makes it even harder when everyone close to you (especially a sister) ends up getting pregnant while you've been trying so hard. :hugs:

Lanet - Did they give you any ideas about what could be causing it? Or maybe what ya'll can do? Will they want you to go ahead and do IUI to help your chances next month? I'm sorry girl. :hugs: to you too.

Greenie - I'm sorry to hear about your fur baby:( That is so sad and I know it just amplifies all of the feelings you're having to deal with already. Fx for you this month.

As for me, I am starting to feel a little better. The sickness is starting to hit mostly in the first 4-5 hours after I wake up instead of ALL DAY like it was, and i like that much better:) I'm finally in double digits!! 10 weeks and 2 days. I was supposed to stop my progesterone on Monday, which made me really nervous. Since my first actual doctor's appointment isn't until next Wednesday, they told me to keep taking it until then, which made me feel MUCH better. I'll be 11 weeks and 2 days by then. I'm hoping to maybe start weaning down to 200 mg by 12 weeks and then stop completely by 13 weeks. I'll let ya'll know how it goes! I would like to be off of it before my next ultrasound (October 18) so that I can see that everything is still OK even after I stop it. So maybe I will stop it a little before then.

From what I've read IUI isn't very successful with low sperm motility because the sperm still has to swim. I cried most of the night. I do not even want to consider ivf. I also feel like I put my body and mind through hell the last few months for no reason, my body at this point is probably more than ready for a pregnancy. I am very upset. I haven't talked to the dr yet. The nurse just read me the results. He abstained for 5-6 days befire the sample and ive read that that amount of time could effect the motility. I pray it was a fluke. One thing I've realized is that no natter what drs or tests say, we will only have a baby when God decides it's time.
I was wondering what you had decided about going off the progesterone. Good luck and I'm sure it will put your mind at rest to wean off.
Greenie I'm sorry you're going through this. I've been praying for you too. God will give you that baby when the time is right:) we just wish it was RIGHT NOW!
Good luck to everyone else.

Lanet that is a great point! 5-6 days is a long time to abstain, and they recommend 48-72 hours, but no more for getting the SA done. So maybe that is what happened! If I were you, I would have him abstain for right at 48 hours and then have him repeat the test. I'm really sorry it was crappy though.

I think my plan in to go to the doctor on Wedneday, and then see what she says. I am going to try to be completely off of it by the time I get my ultrasound on the 18th so that I can see that everything is OK even after I am off of it. I do plan on trying to wean down for a couple of days before I stop completely though.

Well the lab told us to abstain for 2-7 days so I just assumed the more the better. The dr called again and said he also had an elevated white blood count in his semen. He didn't explain what exactly that meant but he wants him to start an antibiotic. Does anyone have any info on this?

Look at this website. It may ne helpful.
https://www.wernermd.com/SemenAnalysis.html
I do know they sometimes start men on antibiotics if they suspect that an infection could be causing the low sperm count. As far as the abstaining, everything I've read said that after 48-72 hours sperm begins to die and that it can cause a huge difference in sperm count, motility, and morphology. Here is some of what I read on one website:

"Couples who abstain from sex in the hope of saving sperm until the woman is at her most fertile have definitely been misled. A recent study provides the strongest evidence yet that not only is abstaining from sex of no benefit to couples with normal fertility, but it can also damage the chance of successful conception among couples seeking fertility treatment.

Some studies reveal that delaying ejaculation may increase the total concentration of sperm and perhaps the volume of semen. However, the percentage of normal sperm and the percentage of motile sperm decrease with infrequent ejaculation. Overall, the study concludes that ejaculation three to four times per week will ensure the optimum number of good motile sperm."

I hope this may help!

Hey everyone! Sorry I have been MIA lately as well. So in reagards to my hospila visit this molnth my doctor believes that i may have Endometrial hyperplasia Which she said will be very difficult to have a healthy pregnancy, as no matter what i do i can't stop it fromhappening again. She advised my doctor to do a uterine biopsy to see if tats whats going on. She said if i were to get pregnant right no the chances are high that i miscarry again. Also on top of all that my weight loss is going no wheres and i've made a lot of changes so she now would liek me to consider having bariatric malabsortive surgery Thats a HUGE decision to make, but the outcome of it would be amazing So there has been lots on my mind lately. She suggested I stop my clomid for now. and try to ger me healthy. It hurts to hear it and to even think its the best idea but I think it might be. Minus that im due for AF today and no sign yet, not even minimal cramping, so * fingers crossed*

I'm sorry Nat!! :hugs: I'll keep my fingers crossed that if you ARE pregnant this time, that all goes well and that you won't have to go through another miscarriage. Doctors are wrong all the time, so I'll pra for the best for you. Let us know what you decide.

Lanet,
The fact that your DH had white blood cells in his semen is a GOOD thing. The antibiotics are used to treat a presumptive case of prostatitis. I have a couple friends who've come back with WBC in their semen, did their course of doxycyline, then 2 months later, their semen test was dramatically better. Also the percent motile sperm is relevant to the total concentration of sperm. If you has a really high count, but only 15% are motile, thats still ok compared to having a very low count with 25% motile. In any case, his semen parameters will get better after the antibiotics course. Hoping your BFP is right around the corner.

So the witch was suppose to arrive Friday, and didn't so I tested before we left for the weekedn. As I wasn't surprised :bfn:, we are now Sunday and I woke up at about 4am not feeling well and had this feeling I should test again. We are in the middle of no-wheres and there is only 1 store but William would not take me to get a test because people here all talk, so I got upset and then he said Nat there's a test in the car from last month you bought a 2 pack. So he went and got it and I couldn't wait until tomorrow morning so I peed on it and guess what..... :bfp: I am SOOOO happy, specially since we decided we were not going to do another round of clomid. God works in mysterious ways for sure..

Awww, congrats Nat!!! That's so exciting! Maybe this is a lucky month. :) I actually ovulated this time, so anxiously in my first real tww. Hopefully I'll have some good news to share next week too! :hugs:

Good luck Lindsay and yaaay! Congrats nat I wish you the best!

Thansk Lanet and Lindsay. I am sooo happy. It was a great way to start my thanksgiving. I am more than thankful to be blessed with a baby!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS Nat!!!! I am SO happy for you! Here's to a sticky bean this time. You better keep us posted on how things are going!!

Thanks Becky! I am so excited. I did not sleep last night, I have major all day sickness and heartburn. Was not fun!! I didnt nknow not sleeping o\would come this early. Is this mnormal? I tossed n turned for hours, could not get comfy at all

Aww soooo happy for u nat...jealous lol but deff happy. Lots and lots of sticky dust to u this time.

Nat, the sleeplesness is definitely normal. I had a ton of it and so did everybody I know. Its a mixture of hormones and lots and lots of excitement!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->