CD 8 and starting SMEP today - Anyone else?

Hi ladies can i join this too?
I'm on cd9 of a usually 38 day cycle and i'm going to give this a go to try for baby #2
Its our 1st month trying this time, took us 3 months with ds but im not expecting to be that lucky a second time!
Only prob is af is taking her time leaving and im still spotting so i might have to start at cd10 instead, i cant believe we'r cheating already!!
Good luck to all of you!
Xx

Hi there!! I started on cd 10 since my AF is usually about a week and it takes me a couple of days to get back to feeling normal and ready to go!! Today I did a second OPK and it was pretty close to positive :) I'm having like slippery cm, lots of cramping in my lower abs and back and my left ovary area feels a little tender... I'm excited but the only thing is that according to my schedule I'm not supposed to ovulate till the 25th but I guess we all know that our bodies have a mind of their own.. I'm sticking to the plan and hoping we catch the eggy.... :happydance:

Hi daisy well i usually 0 between cd17 & 22 this cycle it totally threw me ...CD14 temp rise on same day as first pos OPK so who knows......you never really can tell so fingers crossed for you!!

Ok so my evening didn't quite go to plan....:growlmad:

The dinner was yummy, we enjoyed a nice glass of wine, I even cleared up the kitchen, not to mention all of the ironing I did beforehand!

Anyway, I went for the sexy underwear approach....it went down like a lead balloon! Apparently my DH (or FH as I want to referring to him, you can figure it out!) doesn't like on-demand pressured or planned :sex:, he'd rather just let it happen!

Well I am sorry but babies don't just bleeping happen unfortunately, it took a year to conceive our ectopic baby and I am NOT waiting another year!

He assured me we'd try tonight and I REALLY hope we manage it, I've started to get EWCM, if we miss this month I will make his life hell, ARGHHHH!

Anyway I hope everyone else is doing a little better today :winkwink:

x

Oh Laubull I'm so sorry these blooming men they really DONT GET IT! they truely believe it can happen anytime grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ((((HUGS)))) Hopefully he will be up for it tonight!!

Perhaps do some reseach about foods that can make them horney anything is worth a go! Also you could try maybe witholding it for a few days before 0.....

Keep your chin up, i know its hard but you managed it once so at least you know it can happen if you get the right time x

Thanks Nimbec. He did apologise and say how angry he was at himself but that won't make a baby!

I think the witholding thing might work......I just worry that we might miss the egg, I want to give every possible go to get it.

Going to gym tonight, I need to do something to get my frustration out, otherwise I will go crazy when I see him tonight, this morning's cold shoulder treatment hasn't helped my mood!

How's things with you, 4DPO already!
x

Do you know roughly when you normally 0? if so you could maybe withold a bit untill about 4 days before then miss a few days and go for day before and hopefully o day......maybe worth a go....

Well no news here, no symptoms boobs a bit bigger but thats normal, i guess a bit too early to tell. I've got 21day progesterone test friday (CD20) typically it fell on a weekend grrr and also some reflexology I LOVE it its so relaxing and lady is super knowledgable.

OH keeps rolling his eyes at me when i give him his vitamins but so far he has reluctantly taken them!

I normally O around CD19, so perhaps I will try that, :sex: on CD15, 17 and 19, he might stretch to that! I am still hoping for tonight, CD18 so it would be perfect timing.....

4DPO is too early for symptoms so don't panic, just enjoy your reflexology and try to distract yourself.

Lol DH (FH!) doesn't argue about vitamins, I tell him it's not just about the quality of his sperm, it's to stop him getting ill, etc.

x

Hey girls.. I'm sorry your evening didn't work out Laubull. I sometimes think that the difference between our and our DH's feelings toward TTC is the hardest part of this whole journey. To me it sometimes seems like they really don't even think about it or like it is just an afterthough to them. I know it doesn't mean that they don't want a baby as bad as we do but sometimes there seems to be a disconnect right? I know in my case, DH says that he doesn't want to take the fun out of it and doesn't want things to get to scientific but I don't see it that way. I still approach sex the same way as before, expect to me there is something more special about it, and for me lifting my lefts afterwards only means that I'm trying to give mother nature a little nugde LOL..

Changing the subject.. I don't know if its just because of all the baby making, but my lower abs feel very crampy and my left ovary feels tender.. I usually get ovulation pain but this time is more like tenderness, cramps and even some lower back cramps, almost like AF. I'm hoping the feeling goes away because we are barely getting to the good part of the cycle LOL..

I just had to pop in to say hi but haven't had time to read updates because I have been out all day and tomorrow morning we have to take LO to hosp. I will catch up tomorrow :dust:: to all! xx

Hope your LO is OK Silverwillow

I tested today with a FRER and BFN :(

I'm only 8DPO, but I feel out. Not going to test now until AF is late.

Ginny so sorry about your bfn but you are still very early so lots of time yet, egg may not even have implanted so keep a little hope until the witch shows!!

Well as if the 2ww isn't long enough.....FF changed my 0 day from cd14 to cd16 today making me only 3dpo not 5dpo. Interestingly tho my reflexologist thought was going to have a double 0 this month and now my chart shows 2 rises.....what do you think? Its so confusing !

Hope you are all ok!!

Ginny don't panic yet, I agree with Nimbec it could be too early. Fingers crossed for a BFP later this week :)

Nimbec - I hate it when FF does that, so confusing! You did :sex: lots around those two potential dates though, right? No idea on the double O thing but fingers crossed, imagine if both of those eggies were caught!!

AFM well we managed to :sex: last night, phew! Although I am not sure what's up with my temps, I've had the same temp for the last 3 day and no sign of a jump in temps..... I know some people don't get a pre-o dip, I just hope I O today because I don't think there'll be any action tonight so I am hoping last night's will be up there waiting! Ummm shall I rule myself out for this month already?!

x

Laubull i know very lucky about bding although the last AM was really midnight (my oh jumped on me and i though oh what the hell! - very very unusual!!) I did carry on a few days as my opk was still positive so i was a little dubious as my temp shifted on same day as first opk...unusual plus i normally 0 around 17/18 so it does make more sense i suppose...

How off are your temps - i notice open circles....have u tried using a temperature ajuster to see what happens? FX you 0 today!! even if u 0 tomorrow the spermies will be there waiting - you are efinately not out!!! I think we are both struggling with our positive outlook today BUT just remember you are still in with a change until she shows her ugly face!!!

Lucky you carried on then. I too would have been dubious ovulating that early if it's not the norm.

Well I was just expecting my temp to rise or a dip, I've had fertile CM but I suppose it's only CD19, which is when I am due to O....

What are open circles.....I've been wondering that for ages! And what is the temperature adjuster?

Yes struggling with positivity today, I am just worried that I am getting my hopes up :-(

x

You get the open circles when you take your temp too early or too late for accurate results. It needs to be within a 30minute window otherwize you get the open circle. If you go on google there is a thing that you can put the time you should have taken temp then what your actual temp was and it gives you the ajusted temp ....not always reliable as everyones temp rises and falls slightly differently but gives you an idea esp if things are looking strange. I now set alarm at sillyoclock so that it always wakes me up then i just take temp and go back to sleep! Fertile cm is a great sign hun i'm sure 0 is on the way even if she's a little late this month x

ahhh I had wondered if it was to do with that. I struggle with temping at the same time as I wake up in the night for a wee (every single night without fail!) however it's normally at different times so I just do it then, otherwise I might not sleep for at least 2 hours before I have to get up. If that makes sense! I will investigate google now....

Thank you :)

well just to add to my confusion i have egg white cm today or maybe ctreamy i'm not sure how to distinguish its a cloudy colour but lots of it!

Is it stretchy? Perhaps it's a good sign after ovulation...... Oh just remembered when I was pregnant (ok it ended ectopic but....) I got some EWCM, same day as my boobs started to ache, not sure how many days past ovulating as I wasn't charting then, but...... POSITIVITY is back in the camp!

Adjusted my temps but according to FF you shouldn't need to adjust really. Ummmm I think I will just wait until I get a hike in temps. Must be patient!

x

Yes i know FF says that but it is interesting to do it if you have a couple of dodgey ones, then change them back to originals! oooh i hope its a good sign :)

Wow so much to catch up on in 2 days!

Laubull, they do say food is the way to a man's heart (or to his sperm), I can't believe the nice dinner didn't work! But it sounds like the next night was closer so might have been for the best, glad you managed it then, men are impossible sometimes! (have you tried getting him a bit pissed?)

MsPotter welcome, good luck with TTC number two you are in similar siutation to me, got preg quickly first time and hoping this one will go as well.

Daisy- did you get your full positive OPK? Good luck with the marathon!

Nimbec - Sounds like you caught the egg, or possibly 2! I didn't know you could double O???

Ginny - Thanks yes she is ok just needed an eye test as her eyelids partially cover her pupils (congenital ptosis) so they are keeping and eye on her progress but they said she is doing fine :happydance:

I have to confess I started peeing on a stick from yesterday morning! :blush: well I have no idea how many dpo I am really and I have a pile of IC tests so I thought I will just do it every morning until BFP or AF :thumbup:, and if I get either you girls will be the first to know! :winkwink:

Good luck everyone and lots of :dust: to all! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->