CD1 14/01/09 anyone with me ... ?

ellie

Mum to Kalden
Reaction score
:hi:
:witch: came last night but I think I count today as CD1 (?) and starting ttc this month - usually ov around day 16-17 so it's a couple of weeks wait but is anyone with me on this ... ?
come on october babies! (keeping most things crossed!)
:dust:

Hi, My CD1 was also 14/01/09, and this will also be my first month TTC, my ov date is around cycle day 17-18 so it seems like we have pretty similar cycles. Maybe we can be cycle buddies?

hey boylovesgirl, that'd be great! wonder if you're as impatient as me?? so we're on day 9 today - still a few days before planned BD'ing so am trying to feel prepared. i have been temping for ages (!) and using opk's and a persona monitor to work out ov dates - taking vits etc and also just bought some pre seed - the advice on this site has encouraged me to spend loads of money !
do you have a plan? or are you just bd'ing as usual and seeing what happens?
xx

Hi Ellie, Yes I am as impatient as you, I look at my day planner every day and count down the cycle days to OV. I love that you are a lady with a plan as I am too. I have also been temping for ages (well 5 months since coming off BCP), also using OPKS, taking vits and OH is taking Zinc. I was going to invest in a Clear Blue Fertility Monitor but am going on wishful thinking that won't have to use one for too long. If my plan does not work then I may invest in one. That is my plan so far, well that along with a the BDing. I am excited and nervous all at the same time. How Old are you and where are you from?

Hahah - this ttc lark can get you spending £££ ... i've been using my persona monitor for about 2 years but to be honest it doesn't really tell me anything i don't know myself from using opk's and doing checking! It is nice though to have the 'peak fertility' confirmed (apparently similar to the cb one) but i always use opk's anyway - been trying to get to know my cycle for what feels like a long time now. i'm 36 and in south wales. i guess the ttc 'proper' starts in a couple of days (i was planning to start from day 12 which is sunday, or maybe 10 or 11, see how it goes!) - annoyingly, i'm working away a couple of days a week for the next 3 months, which means i'll have to race back home on weds night to pounce on OH which will then be day15 ... bless him, not sure he knows what'll hit him hahah. i have been looking at fertilityfriend.com and https://www.whenmybaby.com/conception-calendar.php, not sure whether you've seen those, i like any cool online tools to play with!
i'm excited about it now too, and feeling positive, after a rough year last year, mc'd last time we ttc'd a year ago and spent most of last year feeling awful about it all and having lots of stress - almost all of which has settled down now - still a bit nervous as well, as i now know how awful it can be when it goes wrong, but trying to stay positive that this time it'll go right ....
anyway, good luck and keep me posted!

:hi: I am glad to find out that your monitor didn't tell you that much different than OPKS and CM, I still may purchase one if my current plan doesn't work this month. You have a really good BDing plan in place too (lucky OH hahah). I wish mine would work out that well, my OH and I work different shifts so looks like my BD plan won't be starting until cycle day 16, maybe even 17.
I am so sorry to hear about your rough year last year but it sounds to me like you are a strong lady with a postive outlook and those things will definitly work in your favour.
I love online tools to play with too, I have a folder in my computer dedicated to ovualtion calanders and even though all the dates stay the same in each one I still love to play with them. I use fertilityfriend to chart my temps but only the basic version and whenmybaby and pregnology.com, I like this one because it gives you a day by day break down of your cycle and day by day pregnancy tracker too. South Wales-pardon me for being ignorant but where is that? I am 24 and from Canada incase you were wondering. Also I am thinking of adding Reflexology to my plan, or do you think now I'm going overboard? :blush:

hey there, haven't heard of pregnology but must have a play with that one!
any further news yet ... my monitor still saying 'green' and no CM yet so i suspect it might be around day 17/18 to ov, which is lucky as I should be able to catch it when I get back later in the week! how about you?
about going overboard - haha, you reminded me that I have been having acupuncture as well ... last time i had homeopathy (however not sure whether that helped or hindered given the outcome so I'm not doing that this time) I have heard good things about reflexology though and i'd certainly give that a try!
whereabouts in canada are you? i'd love to go there .... south wales is, um, next to england!!! (not sure if that's any help!) :)

hey i tried posting in here before but my internet was down... so no im here again lol... im the same cycle day as u two ladies... im expecting ov on cd 17/18 hopefully... id love to join u two and be cycle buddies together so maybe we can help one another and get our :bfp: together....

hey there ... welcome! the more the merrier :happydance: keeping (almost) everything crossed for us all ... i'm getting a bit nervous now as on cd13 and no sign of ewcm, a bit unusual, i'm still hoping for weekend ov though (thats the plan anyway, so hope my eggs are listening) which would be 17-19 ...
I love that you can talk about stuff like this on this forum, not always appreciated in other contexts! :blush:
do you have a plan mjt?

hey ... well i have kinda just been taken prenatals and using opks and using fertilityfriend.com to chart my temps and everything... i am nervous rite now tho.. i tested wit an opk on the 19th of jan and got a very lite line... but wen i just tested this morning i got onli one line... i hope that i didnt ov early... but idk... im praying for us all too... i really want us all to get our:bfp: soon... i have been feeling really weird but i got a slight period but it wasnt normal... so idk i have tested and it was neg... idk everythings just all confusing and complicated ... lol

i had a question... i dont no if either of u no but i wen i temped on friday it was like 98.6 or sumtin but all the other days before that were in the low 97 and then it wen back down after wards... do u think i ov already?... thats why im all confused!!!

Hi mjt11907, happy to see you joined our cycle buddies thread. Like Ellie said, the more the merrier. As far as your question about OV, I doubt that you ov'd early because of one high temp. I think that there should be three high temps in a row to confirm ov and your OPK line should be as dark or darker than the control line (at least for most women). Thats what I think I have learned from my experiences I might be wrong though, maybe Ellie knows better, or the other TTC ladies in the forums, they are all very smart women.
Hi Ellie, I have decided to add reflexology to my SMEP (sperm meets egg plan) now I just have to try and get an appointment. Hopefully I can get one this week seeing as how I am expecting OV on the weekend (CD17/18). I don't have any EWCM yet either but I never really have had much, is there any way of increasing it? You said you are from England, wow that must be nice, I have always wanted to visit there but it is very expensive to fly there. I am from Ontario.
Well Ladies, it looks like we all have the same OV date so lets keep our fingers crossed and get our BFP's together!!

hey girls,
mjt - think boylovesgirl is right, usually at least 3 higher temps in a row would indicate that you have ov'd already ... i get confused about the opk's, usually you would need to see a line at least as dark as the 'control' line for a positive, but I wonder whether it depends on the sensitivity of the test? some months i have got a light line but am getting all the ov symptoms (ewcm, high cervix, ov pains) so know i am ov'ing. not sure about your strange period ... did you do a hpt just to check? yes it is darn complicated ....
as for ewcm boyloves girl apparently drinking lots of water, avoiding caffeine, taking evening primrose oil (but stop taking it after ov), can help increase ewcm, even grapefruit or carrot juice? i have heard of people in the US taking a certain type of cough syrup (is it robitussin?) that's supposed to help, i don't think we can get it in the UK so haven't tried that!
https://www.tryingtoconceive.com/store/cm.htm
i just bought some preseed which is supposed to be really good so might try that :blush:
also loads of good advice on the TTC section. Not sure if you can 'search' for terms on this site?
good luck with the reflexology - i wonder if it helps you 'relax' but whatever the reason let's hope it helps towards the :bfp: .... am having acupuncture session on friday so fx!
:dust: guys ... keep me posted ...,.. erm... do you have a :sex: plan ??

hey ... thanks im still just trying to figure it all out... i am glad to have ladies with me on the same cycle day... i also bought some preseed and i am gunna start trying it like maybe thursday or friday...hopeing for a ov this weekend and hopefully the preseed should help.... i also heard it is really good... and ellie yes i have take a hpt a few as a matter of fact and they were all negative... so maybe it was just cuz i started doing diffferent stuff due to the now ttc... i am keeping my fingers crossed as well for u two as well as myself... i have just been doing a regular :sex: maybe every other day or so... but this weekend im gunna try the preseed and hope the :spermy: reaches my egg tis month... :hug:

Hi again ladies, Thanks Ellie for all the tips, I will be sure to increase my water intake and see if that helps. I am still looking for an available reflexologist, hopefully I can find one by friday. Acupuncture, that sounds like a good idea but I think I would be too afraid to try it, you'll have to let me know what it's like.
mjt, you're right it is so nice to have other ladies on the same cycle day, I think it will be even better when the symptom spotting begins.
Good luck with the preseed to both of you, I'll have to look into purchasing some.
My BD plan, well there isn't much to it really. OH and I are on different shifts so when he is home I am at work and when I'm home he's asleep so it makes it kind of tough. We are thinking about trying for a boy as well so this shift thing works well with our plans. I am going to use my OPKS twice daily on Thursday-Sunday to make sure I catch the LH surge and the BD hopefully twice a day or so. Does that sound like enough? What are your ladies BD plans? Also do you have a proposed test day?

hey good morning... so im getting a lil excited i prolly shouldnt tho... but i just tested wit and opk and it came up what the thing says is a positive... i new we should have:sex: last night or this morning... and my cm is like kinda watery but looking like ewcm....so im thinking i might ov today or tommro... so tonight it is for the bd..... :happydance: we r gunna try the preseed and hopefully we will be lucky this time... but just in case we r gunna bd tonight and then thursday and every two days till like monday or tuesday.... just to make sure that we catch it!!!.... i hope this time goes thru....

well i dont have a proposed test date yet... but the :witch: is due on the 14th so maybe a few days before or after depending how tempted i am and if i can even wait :rofl:

let me no how u all are doing... i wanna no how close we al are to this

hey guys!
hey mjt good luck with the :sex:'ing ... lucky you i am working away from home but back tomorrow night so hoping to find oh with some energy for the next few days!! still only very slight cm and not ew yet but day 14 so wondering whats going on ... hopefully it'll appear and ov will happen at the weekend, will try preseed as well i think. wow boylovesgirl that sounds like a proper marathon hahah! keep me posted both.
as still waiting for ov not sure about test day, I had planned to test on 14th feb though and there's a whole thread about it on here somewhere!

yea... im not sure wen exactly ov is gunna happen but im gunna just try and do what we gotta till im sure i ovd but we will see good luck wen u get home hope hes up for it... and im hopen we all get our :BFP: this time... and yea i saw that hole thread on the 14th testing day... i was thinking bout testing that day too but not sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->