CD1!! anyone want to buddy up :)

^ no it is definitely worth it klemon but don't feel like you can't complain about it cause you sure as heck can!

I started to enjoy the morning sickness. I found it very reassuring. Are you going to get a Doppler klemon? That was also my best friend from about 9 1/2 weeks. So happy that all is going well for you. Xx

Hi everyone else!

Fms I have the in laws for two weeks plus sil and her baby. All quite hectic...

Klemon ill ask the consultant when i see him next :-D

Ohhh yaya for sickness lol how far gone are you now hun?

Kelly well done on the weight loss hun!!

Manny sounds like its all busy where you are hun! xxx

Morning ladies - hope everyone is well and things are progressing well with the babies cooking?

Klemon - I still havent heard anything from the NHS regarding my first apt with the consultant - there is a local fertility clinic near to us - the karotype (think thats what its called? The chromosome testing) is £150 there - would you recommend waiting for the nhs apt to come through or go private for the test? Also if it shows up that it is a problem what can they do to sort it? I think iv read that if it is chromosome related they cant do anything? xxx

Cath- i would call the secretary of whoever you have been referred to. Make sure they have the referral and its not lost somewhere and see if they can give you the appt date/speed it up!
karyotyping on the NHS can take a awhile- my friend waited about 3 months for the result, I got mine privtely and it took about 2 weeks. May depend on where they send it to, wales may be quicker?!?
Im not an expert but they can do PGD for most things which is what we had and just means testing the genetics of them embryos.Or they can advise you to keep trying and hope you get a lucky normal one one day. It is very rare though hun- I beleiev most peoples test come back normal and you probably never know the reason for the miscarriages.

Your cons prob has his way of doing things too- he may try high dose progesterone support, some use HCG injections, others use clexane to thin the blood.

Personally- I am very impatient, and i had a "feeling' something was wrong so thats why we just sucked up the money and paid- BUT we had help from parents as it was pricey so I would do whatever you and your man are happy with.
But I would def call up your clinic and badger them- NHS is so flipping slow its so irritating!!xxxx

Loving your ticker hun! You must be soo excited!

Ohh I rung them hun and guess what?! My appointment will be in........December! Wtf! I called the private clinic and a consultation is £150...60 minutes and they will do a scan of me and test df swimmers. .if you don't mind me asking hun how much was PGD? xxx

Yay lemon! Such a great ticker. How are you feeling???

Cath did you ttc this cycle? I agree that if you have any spare cash lying around, private is the way to go. The Nhs waiting times sound horrendous! Hope you are ok? X

How is everyone else?

OMG cath :growlmad:- in that case, definately try and speed things up!! If you get them to do recurrant miscarriage tests as well- karyotyping and thrombophilia screen (like sticky blood and stuff) you'll at least have the results to take in december and maybe get started on some treatment sooner, otherwise the NHS will just waste time at that first appt doing all those tests and then given you another follow up appt months later!

HUn, you dont necessarily need PGD- it added about 5k to our IVF cycle, which has been about 20k, but remember i went to ARGC which is VERY expensive as its world renowned- it doesnt necessarily have to cost this much. My first IVF was 5K for the whole thing, although without PGD. I wouldnt rush into thinking about that yet as you can get PGD on the NHS anyway, and you dont even know you need it. I promise chromosome probs are very rare- we just got the short straw xxxxx

Thanks Manny- still very sick/tired but they are growing nicely and I can get both HB on a doppler. Had my first midwife appt the other day- WEIRD!!! never thought I would be doing that! Still taking a day at a time though!! How is Josh? xx

Klemon gorgeous ticker!

Cath PGD is part of IVF like klemon said and can be done with their are chromosome issues if you need to go that route but hopefully you don't!

Yeah iv researched PGD so knew the ins and outs of it so i expected it to be VERY expensive - Im just thinking the worst so if for any reason we need it atleast we are prepared if you know what i mean?

Thanks for all that info hun - i darent tell DF how much it all costs lol hopefully it just be something easy and fixable!

How are you all anyway ladies? xxx

Helloooo all! Sorry I've been away for a little while, life just got a bit hectic!

Klemon, what a fantastic sight seeing your ticker at 10 weeks! Hope you start feeling a little more human soon.

Kelly and manny, I hope all is well with your bundles :)

Cath, it must be so hard not to think forward and everything than may be causing it, but it's great you've been able to go private. Have asked my friend about the clinic as I'm not familiar with t personally, but £150 sounds about the going rate for an initial consultation privately of any kind. Hopefully once you've had this at in August you'll have a better idea of the options. Thinking of you xxx

Mama I saw your v-day bump on the second tri boards. Looking fab!!! X

Awwwwww thanks manny! Ill have to post one this week, I've grown loads! Lol, some total strangers asked if I was having twins yest , but I'm so happy to be at this stage I couldn't care less :) :) xxx

hi ladies sorry been ages since been on!
klemon, how are you feeling and twins!!! :) am really happy for you
cath am so sorry you went through it again I really hope they take things seriously now, how is the wedding planning going though?
manny hows josh? no things are going from bad to worse with the inlaws!
Kelly hope the family is well :)
Isabel is growing up too quick :( we are nearly on the move then she will be causing all sorts of trouble haha
lots of love to everyone xx

ps sorry mama hope you are well too :) x

OMG Kat!! isabele is 7 months old already?!?! where has the time gone?!?! Uhhh ohhhhh once shes oln the move you have had it hun!! haha! any thoughts for any more??

Well my apt is Sat so im hoping so - df and I are going through a rough patch at the mo with everything though :-(

hope everyone is ok? xxxx

Rough patches are Sadly a large part of fertility especially when it doesn't go as planned.

We're doing we'll still on vacation though ill be home in a week.

High to everyone else.

Oh Kelly - dont we know it :-( I think its just nerves about the apt on Sat but fx it will be something little they can fix!

Enjoy your holidays hun! xxx

Aw Cath, its a stressful time i agree with Kelly it seems to come along with it and you will both be frustrated! And the pressure of getting married, i think everything seems like magnified, before we got married every argument we had i was im ment to be with this guy forever? and its the same now to be honest haha ive heard the first year of marriage is ment to be the hardest? Lol. Xx

Kat how long have you been married for now hun? I think it al got too much for me hun - especially as df is due redundancy and hes on about buying his mother a new car when we have a wedding which we need to pay for I think that just tipped me over the edge lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->