CD1 - Buddies wanted/needed

Macwooly, don't worry about AF. I had a 'light' one last cycle too which seemed a bit odd for me but it lasted the usual time and this AF seems to be back to normal (what exactly is normal these days????:shrug:!!!!). So c'mon, first slap :dohh:, you're okay don't start reading too much into things whilst we're 'up on bricks' just chill :coolio:

Big hugs hun :hugs:xXx

yes, same here....unusually light AF, but then the next was unusually heavy, and the next was back to normal...

What a romantic!

Mine is romantic, but it's a bit lost on me....He organized a gourmet picnic at the Sydney Botanical Gardens and found a nice spot overlooking the water...I had no idea why he was getting so mushy until he whipped out a cake that read...

WILL YOU MARRY ME?

The icing on the cake had started to melt...

It was his 3rd time asking...I wasn't really in a hurry to get married....We were together for 9 years before we actually got hitched...Everyone still jokes that he was on the longest probation period they have ever heard of....

Now that is romantic :) And bless him asking 3 times :thumbup: Not sure mine would have asked 3 times :)

Apparently my FIL had a friend who was a jeweller who gave my FIL a selection of rings in a bag and apparently he handed the bag to MIL and said "ok choose your engagement and wedding ring" so I don't now why I expected mine to be romantic :laugh2:

Well, once we were married, as predicted, most of that has gone out the window...Either way, I think we both should thank our lucky stars...I an shocked by some of the behavior of these OHs I read here....

Well DH did come up trumps on the wedding as we married on the weekend of really bad floods in England. On the Friday when decorating the chapel we had rain; sun and fog so I said all we needed was snow (which I love). Nothing was said and I thought nothing more about it till leaving the chapel and DH had organised a snow machine so I walked out to snow :D

I am so thankful for my DH and feel really lucky to have him in my life :)

My heart does go out to the ladies when I read about their OHs :nope:

Well DH did come up trumps on the wedding as we married on the weekend of really bad floods in England. On the Friday when decorating the chapel we had rain; sun and fog so I said all we needed was snow (which I love). Nothing was said and I thought nothing more about it till leaving the chapel and DH had organised a snow machine so I walked out to snow :D

I am so thankful for my DH and feel really lucky to have him in my life :)

My heart does go out to the ladies when I read about their OHs :nope:

Awwwwww,I proposed to my dh on a leap year,bought the two rings and got down on one knee,:haha:He had already proposed to me wen I was 17 and I said no ,so it was my turn to propose to him,and he said yes,xxxxx

I love your story Indigo..about how dh asked you to marry him! So romantic!

I also love Jax41 purposal!

Desperado- aww yours was sweet too!!!

Dh purposed to me when my family from Czech Republic/Slovakia were visiting for Christmas. It was Christmas Eve 2003 and I was coming home from work...started to pull in the garage...he runs out all frantic..and says we have to go to the store...your Mom forgot something at the store...we need to go get it. As he sits in the car, I see the ring box in his pocket. We drove to the store in the pouring rain and he asked me in the car...will you marry me?...and I said yes. When we got back home he did it all over again in front of my family and even got down on one knee....but by no means is he a romantic. When it's birthdays, Christmas..I go to the jewelry shop...pick out what I want...then he goes to pick it up. I get no flowers...ever...no surprises...but he is my best friend and lover and don't know what i would do without him!

I think it's very romantic he proposed in front of your family...
My DH is half Slovakian (Bratislava-father's side).

Yeah all is ok :) Yesterday I was out for most of the afternoon and the evening having my delayed 40th birthday present :)

Furbabies got dropped to the kennels for the night. Feel bad doing it but mainly because my rottie is struggling with her arthritis :nope: But all 4 go off tails wagging :) Actually Teddy the youngest but tallest dog was off and running with the kennel maid trailing behind him to get to the play paddock :laugh2:

So after a relaxing (NOT workmen at the house drilling and being noisy) 2 hours getting ready, DH took me out for a lovely meal, then to the ballet, then on to cocktails so a late night followed by making DH later for work :winkwink:

Plus I've been snoozing in bed feeling absolutely exhausted for most of today :) But at 3pm I go and get my furbabies and can't wait :) Two of the cats have been walking round calling for the dogs and both have slept on the dogs' beds.

You have one evening off the forum and loads to try and catch up on!

How is everyone? Sending loads of :dust: to all :dust:

Sounds like a lovely evening, and I think it's good to have some time just to be with your partner and not think about the TTC stuff.

DH and I are planning on having at least one night a week going out and not thinking of TTC whether it is something as fab as a meal and the ballet, or cinema, or going to an auction we love or just going to our local for a drink where we can't talk TTC as everyone knows everyone and no one but you ladies on B&B know we're TTC and we want to keep it that way.

I have a friend who is now divorced and a weekend dad and he says his marriage died whilst he and his ex wife TTC and as soon as she gave birth she told him he was no longer required :nope: :growlmad: He says for 5 years she made him feel like a sperm donor :nope: And it is his story which makes me determined not to ignore DH and to make sure he doesn't feel like a sperm donor.

Oh, the ballet! It's been so long since we've gone....Well, if you're off having a good time, we'll forgive you for abandoning us for a day.

Macwooly- Sounds like a lovely evening! I also can't remember the last time I was at the ballet. Very romantic!!!

Indigo- Nice to hear your dh is half Slovakian! My Mom was born in Bratislava and my Dad was born in Prague. They met in California...so I was born in the states but am a true European at heart. Was raised that way. I love that I was born and live in California but still have tons of family in Slovakia and Prague...and don't get to go there very often.

Macwooly- forgot to mention how romantic your wedding was as well...hubby getting snow.....

I'm 8 dpo...nothing much going on with me!

Macwooly,:hugs::hugs:Was wondering were u had got to,we all missed u lovely,sounds like u had a fab time thou,lovely to have some quality time on your own,am so jealous,glad u enjoyed it :hugs::hugs: Luvmydoggies,:hugs::hugs:,can't believe u are nearly time to test ,whoop ,whoop,wen are u testing ?

Macwooly- Sounds like a lovely evening! I also can't remember the last time I was at the ballet. Very romantic!!!

Indigo- Nice to hear your dh is half Slovakian! My Mom was born in Bratislava and my Dad was born in Prague. They met in California...so I was born in the states but am a true European at heart. Was raised that way. I love that I was born and live in California but still have tons of family in Slovakia and Prague...and don't get to go there very often.

Macwooly- forgot to mention how romantic your wedding was as well...hubby getting snow.....

Same here...I was born here, but my parents are from Greece....very European upbringing....Most of our family is in Greece, some in California, and some in Australia...My father left us his house in Greece and we have yet to go and sort things out...He passed away in July 2007....I just still cannot bring myself to go....:nope::cry:

Hi Ladies! -

CD 6 for me today, can I join you?

Same here...I was born here, but my parents are from Greece....very European upbringing....Most of our family is in Greece, some in California, and some in Australia...My father left us his house in Greece and we have yet to go and sort things out...He passed away in July 2007....I just still cannot bring myself to go....:nope::cry:

Indigo- Same here, I have some fam. in Northern California (my dads side) I'm so sorry about your Dad passing away. It is a very tough thing to go through. I don't think, I would be able to do it either. (HUGS) the smilies are not working at the mo. My Dad passed away when I was 3...so don't remember him much. However, feel the void of not having him in my life. Greece...it's beautiful...from what I have seen/heard. My family from Slovakia is actually vacationing on one of the Islands there now, for the next two weeks. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->