Cerazette and pregnancy

wanna-b-mummy

Reaction score
Hi all! This is my first post, so hello to all of you :) I've been reading this forum a few times a week (slowly increasing lol) since me and OH decided to start TTC next year. I've now got the baby bug and can't help reading up on it and preparing myself, so thought I'd post this because it's been on my mind for a few days.

Anyway, this is a quick question about Cerazette and pregnancy. I've been on Cerazette for about 18 months now and never had any trouble with it. I've had about 8 periods since being on it, they come very light and randomly, but I haven't had one in about 5 months. About 2 and a half months ago I started to get really emotional (unlike me) and crying a hell of a lot and blowing up at every small thing. It was practically sudden. I came off Cerazette as a friend said that moodiness is a side effect. I thought that odd considering it hadn't really affected me for 18 months, but came off it for a week or two, felt no different, and went back on it, and had sex a week later so I was covered. I put my moodiness down to just being a moody cow, lol.
Anyway, as well as that, I have broken out in spots (I have never ever had acne and I'm now 23) and my stomach is almost always bloated even if I go through a day without eating a great deal.
As well as that, I've noticed that I've had an odd sensation (almost pressure) under my ribs. It's not painful really, but I'm just aware of it.

Now, I know all that could be IBS or just general bloating because I don't exercise a great deal as I sit down most of the day working, and it wouldn't be the first time I've felt dicky cos of IBS, but I can't help but think... could I be pregnant? I have a friend that got pregnant on Cerazette. I'm going out tomorrow to get a test to be sure, but I can't help but think I'm setting myself up for disappointment. I do feel different too, a little more of a softy (I'm usually a fiesty cow) and a bit of a sap, lol. :shrug:

I've heard you ladies are experts at symptoms so just wondering if any of you have had any of this experience on Cerazette. I know I won't know properly until I've done a test though, but any info would be welcome!

Thank you!

Hi Hun,

I'm unable to answer your question but just wanted to say hi and welcome :wave:

Good luck with ttc

Sarah x

Hey Hun :) I can't answer your question either I'm afraid but I wanted to say welcome to WTT! Which month are you TTC next year? We are July 2011!

I was on microgynon for ages and after about 2 years it was making me sick, I was moody, I wasn't sleeping etc... So I changed pill! That's probably not any help but my doc said that they can start to affect you even after being on it a long time! xxx

Hey Hun :) I can't answer your question either I'm afraid but I wanted to say welcome to WTT! Which month are you TTC next year? We are July 2011!

I was on microgynon for ages and after about 2 years it was making me sick, I was moody, I wasn't sleeping etc... So I changed pill! That's probably not any help but my doc said that they can start to affect you even after being on it a long time! xxx

Oops sorry for the double post, stupid phone! :)

Haha, my iPhone has a mind of its own!

Thank you for the welcome. I used to be on Microgynon but they took me off it cos I have high blood pressure, but maybe it's the same story with Cerazette. Maybe it's just deciding to dislike me, lol. I'll definitely do a test to be sure!

We're hoping summer 2011 to start trying, too! I can't wait, but we have to wait until we're more straightened out with debts and living arrangements! Good luck for July 2011, hopefully we'll have bumps together!

I started taking cerazette in 2006, i've never had any problems or side effects with it. My period stops completely. I stopped taking it when we were trying for our first baby but as soon as he was born I was back on it again.

Have you tested yet?

Firstly, your baby is gorgeous!

Secondly, I wanted to pop out to get a test today while OH was at work, but turns out, he didn't need to go in. Every time I've said "I'm just gonna pop out" he's said "Oh I'll come with you!". I'd rather just go out, get it, do it alone and see what the outcome is. If it's a positive, he'll soon hear me screaming from his work place 5 miles away lol. With joy of course! I don't think I am as Cerazette is very very safe, but you never know, and it would explain some of my symptoms.

I'll keep you posted!

Yes do let us know! Ooh it will be ace if we are bump buddies! You should come join our group, Bumps2be2011. In the groups section, it's an easy way for us all to keep in touch! :) xxx

Hopefully we'll be bump buddying it up later next year!

I'm off to join the group now, thanks hun!

Well...I caught WHILST taking cerazette.. I never took the correct days though! If i'd open a pocket and the pill fell on the floor ( this happened alot lol) i'd bin it & take the next days!!! Or if I'd had a migraine & vomitted my pill up I'd take another!!! All this added up and I wasn't protected I guess!!!!

So I don't really know how long it took sorry x

Hi wanna-b-mummy
We have lots in common. I'm 23 also and desperate to start trying, it's all i think about! I also am on the carazette and like you havn't had many periods, my last pack is in July and we are going to officially start trying in Dec time when the pill is fully out of my system.
I also have IBS. It was wierd reading your post because we sound so alike.
I hope the test is positive but don't be too upset if not it will happen another time!

I'm waiting because I want to lose weight before trying as i read about the risks for overweight mums and don't want to put myself or baby at any risks, also as i'm a teacher i've worked dates out that would be more convenient.But waiting is extremely hard, it feels ages away and all i want to do is buy baby things and stroke my pregnant belly...is it mad being excited about pregnancy and giving birth (i love watching one born every minute and wishing it was me).
anyway let us know what the result is...good luck.

Hi Hayley! I'm pretty good with taking my pill, but I sometimes take it at 9pm, sometimes at 3am, depending on when I go to bed, a little like you mentioned. My nurse said that should be fine, but try to take it at the exact same time because then you are extremely protected, which I do find quite difficult sometimes!

Hey Kez, we do sound very much alike!
I'm a little worried as I'm a smoker and overweight, and my plan before TTC was to lose at least 2 stone and to obviously give up smoking. I've actually just ordered an electric cigarette to help this and have joined a slimming club - I'm hoping that'll sort my IBS as doctors keep saying losing weight and improving diet will! You're really sensible for wanting to lose weight, so good luck with that hun! Diets are boring, but at least we get what we want at the end of it - less risks for us and baby!

I've just viewed a list of early pregnancy symptoms and got a nervous stomach when reading it as I have about 10 out of the 12. Granted though, they could all be put down to other things, but I keep waking up in the morning with period pains but have no period at all, and I know period type cramps is a sign. Plus tonight, I was sitting watching TV and was suddenly overwhelmed with nausea. It passed after about 20 minutes. That may be the worrying/stressing or just plain IBS again though, I suppose.

I've been smoking away like normal and taking the pill, so I'm a little worried what this could be doing if I am pregnant so I've not smoked today and haven't taken the pill. If it turns out to be a negative, I'll be fine about it and carry on my plan, but if it's positive, I'll be in utter shock but deep down extremely excited! I'll need a whole new set of plans though regarding money and living arrangements though, lol.

I'll keep you all posted! Hoping to get a test tomorrow.

I did a test this morning and it was negative. In a way I'm pleased/relieved because I didn't really want to be an overweight smoker carrying a baby. At least now I can carry on giving up the smokes and losing weight AND saving money so my bumpy is born into a perfect environment. Even OH was a tad disappointed but we know it's for the best and we're just not ready yet! Back to broodiness and watching plenty of Desperate Midwives and One Born Every Minute! Lol.

hey i was on cerazette and then came off it last july. ive changed pill a few times over the last few years and i found it awful. it basically put me off bcp altogether so since last july we've just been using condoms.

when i was on it it made me nauseaus, moody, headachy to name but a few...

all i can say is to come off it WELL in advance of ttc, ive heard soooo many ladies saying it took them ages to readjust after coming off. ive been off over 9 months and still no regular cycles :(

xxxx

Hi wanna-b-mummy
It's a shame about the result but at least now you can conceive at a better time for you when you have achived what you want.

I've joined slimming world and also a gym to help lose weight, I go to the gym 4-5 times a week and go for long walks with the dog, having a baby is the biggest motivation I have ever had for losing weight. Just wish the weight was coming off quicker! Although like you say the exercise and healthy eating does improve the IBS.

I wish i could not think about being pregnant/having a baby for just one day instead of torturing myself every day wishing for something I know i'm just not ready for yet cos i'm in too much debt etc. It got worse when me and the hubby decided that we will deff try in dec no matter what, so at least i have a date to count down to, also knowing i'm finishing the pill in a few month makes it all seem so much more real.

i'm just so glad theres so many other women like me who i can talk to on here, thought i was the only one. x

Hi! Im on Cerazette too & have been for maybe 2yrs now. I don't have periods, but once a year I seem to have my entire insides fall out (sorry if TMI!). The trouble is, in every other respect it really suits me that I think maybe I can put up with a week of horrendous bleeding! If you really aren't happy with it, maybe you could go back to the drs & see if there'e anything else you could try? I was on Loestrin before Cerazette & it was ace. Most GPs start you on Microgynon cos its the cheapest option. You deserve more expensive drugs! :haha:

Amy, that's exactly my symptoms. I get really bad headaches that only go away if I take the strongest painkillers ever created or just go to bed and sleep. I haven't got to get a second prescription of it until December, but I might go and see them and see what else they can give me!
I'm hoping to come off it in the beginning of 2011 so hopefully I won't have to bother and that'll give me time to get it out of my system ready for TTC!

Kez good on you for going to the gym and going to Slimming World! I've been on my diet/healthy eating plan for the last 2 days, and although it's only my second day today, I feel SO SO SO much better already, it's so surprising what healthy food and exercise can do! You're right it is a motivation. As hard as it gets, we can just think of holding our little babies and we'll feel positive and motivated again. December isn't far away, that's so exciting for you! Every time I think "hmm I think I might eat the entire fridge and everything in it" I just think of going for my scans, or shopping for itty bitty clothes! We're all in the same boat here hun, it's great we can all sympathise and talk to each other about the same things we're feeling.

Dumpling that is usually how my cycle goes! I have noooo period, nada, then all of a sudden I get the worst cramps and feel like my stomach is going to explode and then along the most horrible period comes for about 2 weeks! I was on Microgynon for about 2 years before Cerazette and loved it, but they took me off it cos of my smoking. I'm thinking I might just put up with Cerazette for the next few months until we TTC.

Hi wanna-be-mummy, I'm on Cerazette since my LO was born last year, and I get the most awful spots too - I've always had the complexion of a fifteen-year-old (this is not a boast, believe me), but for the last few months I've had a face like a plate of school sago pudding with strawberry jam. I haven't had a single period, though, so I'm happy to put up with the spots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->