Charting group!

I don't know why but I feel like this isn't going to be our month. I'm out of opks. They were all negative. I keep thinking we're BDing too soon or I'm not gonna O at all :(

You did call it! FF says the dotted crosshairs are because my other fertile signs (OPK) don't match up. I don't know if that's because I had more than one or because the thermal shift was more than 48 hours after the second positive OPK.

I definitely was not someone who had multiple LH surges before having a baby. Maybe that's my new normal now. I will go read that article.

I was looking back at my old chart to see if the post ovulation temps line up at all. If you compare my previous chart to this one the difference is hilarious:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/ChartGallery/138051.html

But at least I have that one as proof that I actually do know how to chart!

Your current one is still a little crazy, but they don't look *that* different to me, and your coverline is right around the same place on the two charts, which is right where it should be!

I don't know why but I feel like this isn't going to be our month. I'm out of opks. They were all negative. I keep thinking we're BDing too soon or I'm not gonna O at all :(

How long are your cycles usually? Mine were ranging 27-28 days, until the most recent one (no charting for those two) - last cycle I ovulated on CD 20, which was unexpectedly late, and ended up with a 30 day cycle.

And I never had a *true* positive OPK. I get a gradual increase over the course of a cycle that seems to start tapering off around ovulation. I'll know in a few days if the change in brand from Wondfo to Target and from afternoon and evening to FMU changes that. I'm not terrible optimistic about that at this point in this cycle - seems a repeat of the trend from before, only with a different brand. The one person who knows were ttc off BnB is my best friend from high school, she emailed me a picture of her positive OPK this morning (and she's CD 23, following D&C for a 9 week miscarriage). I told her this morning, if I don't see a positive this time around, I'm done with OPKs after this cycle. Fortunately, my mid-cycle spot seems to be four days ahead of mild cramping and increased breast sensitivity (they have virtually no sensitivity on the day a new cycle starts until right before ovulation)... at at least last cycle it was spot, spot+4 days = "symptoms", and spot+8 days = ovulation (per temps). If that trend holds, I expect to ovulate on Tuesday... if that happens, I'm going to save the money I've been spending on OPKs and just use the spot with corresponding temp drop and "symptoms" to time in advance of ovulation. Thank goodness for temping, that's all I can say!

How long are your cycles usually? Mine were ranging 27-28 days, until the most recent one (no charting for those two) - last cycle I ovulated on CD 20, which was unexpectedly late, and ended up with a 30 day cycle.

And I never had a *true* positive OPK. I get a gradual increase over the course of a cycle that seems to start tapering off around ovulation. I'll know in a few days if the change in brand from Wondfo to Target and from afternoon and evening to FMU changes that. I'm not terrible optimistic about that at this point in this cycle - seems a repeat of the trend from before, only with a different brand. The one person who knows were ttc off BnB is my best friend from high school, she emailed me a picture of her positive OPK this morning (and she's CD 23, following D&C for a 9 week miscarriage). I told her this morning, if I don't see a positive this time around, I'm done with OPKs after this cycle. Fortunately, my mid-cycle spot seems to be four days ahead of mild cramping and increased breast sensitivity (they have virtually no sensitivity on the day a new cycle starts until right before ovulation)... at at least last cycle it was spot, spot+4 days = "symptoms", and spot+8 days = ovulation (per temps). If that trend holds, I expect to ovulate on Tuesday... if that happens, I'm going to save the money I've been spending on OPKs and just use the spot with corresponding temp drop and "symptoms" to time in advance of ovulation. Thank goodness for temping, that's all I can say!

My cycles are around 35 days, but sometimes they're shorter or longer. No two cycles are ever the same for me :nope: in the past I haven't had any issues with opks and got very strong positives right on time. I am really good as listening to my body and I pay close attention to my cm. none of my symptoms are adding up this month. I'm cd19 today and tomorrow is the latest I should be O'ing. But I don't feel how I normally do. I typically get watery cm for about 3-4 days. Then 2-3 days of ewcm (I figure that's the day before and after O). Then it tapers off to creamy and dry. My sides and back ache for days while I have my ewcm and I normally break out a few days before O. I had acne earlier this week along with my wet cm and I had ewcm yesterday. But my opks weren't positive at all and I had no cramping.
Since this is my first month temping, I'm hoping it does happen and my body didn't feel like letting me know this month :dohh: we've used NFP for 5 years now and never had any problems :shrug:
But we BD'd last night, just in case. Lol.

My cycles are around 35 days, but sometimes they're shorter or longer. No two cycles are ever the same for me :nope: in the past I haven't had any issues with opks and got very strong positives right on time. I am really good as listening to my body and I pay close attention to my cm. none of my symptoms are adding up this month. I'm cd19 today and tomorrow is the latest I should be O'ing. But I don't feel how I normally do. I typically get watery cm for about 3-4 days. Then 2-3 days of ewcm (I figure that's the day before and after O). Then it tapers off to creamy and dry. My sides and back ache for days while I have my ewcm and I normally break out a few days before O. I had acne earlier this week along with my wet cm and I had ewcm yesterday. But my opks weren't positive at all and I had no cramping.
Since this is my first month temping, I'm hoping it does happen and my body didn't feel like letting me know this month :dohh: we've used NFP for 5 years now and never had any problems :shrug:

Oh, wow, that is crazy! I'm just getting to know my body, now... LOL... which sounds crazy for a 31 year old. Think from this point forward we're joining the NFP club. I'm amazed at the effects of birth control, on it for so long - never noticed a thing, until I stopped. I hope your body sorts itself out and that this isn't an anovulatory cycle for you (I've heard, but not substantiated, that it's normal for a woman to have 1-2 per year).

Oh, wow, that is crazy! I'm just getting to know my body, now... LOL... which sounds crazy for a 31 year old. Think from this point forward we're joining the NFP club. I'm amazed at the effects of birth control, on it for so long - never noticed a thing, until I stopped. I hope your body sorts itself out and that this isn't an anovulatory cycle for you (I've heard, but not substantiated, that it's normal for a woman to have 1-2 per year).

I've never taken BC in my life :nope: when my OH and I started dating and both decided we didn't like condoms or spermicide, I googled other natural ways and came across NFP. That was 5yrs ago and up until this past year I've done nothing but track my cycle by calendar and watch my CM and I've always gotten those cramps when I O.
My sister was on the depo shot for 5yrs and on pills for 2-3yrs before that. Now she has lots of fertility issues. After the next baby I'm just going to get Essure and hope to never have to worry about it again :wacko:
With my luck I'd get an anovulatory cycle as soon as we start TTC :dohh:

What's Essure?

I was on combo BC from 1996-2003, Depo from 2003 to 2011 (no cycles), and progesterone-only mini-pills from 2011-Oct 2012. Immediate 27-28 day cycles with symptoms of ovulation straight away, didn't OPK until last cycle (cycle 3) - definitely ovulated that time, and symptoms seem to have normalized for pre-O on this one (cycle 4). I'm a bit amazed at my body's ability to recover post-BC, but at the same time, I know too much now about how everything works to start interrupting it again (as a lot of the hormones do things other than reproductive functions). I have sh**ty luck, so if I'd tried NFP prior to being married, I'd have six kids by now :p

Essure is a copper wire that goes into the Fallopian tubes and the tissue closes up around it. To prevent eggs from traveling through. Kinda like a vasectomy, for women! Lol.
After I had my son (in 2009) my cycles went straight back to 31days like they have always been. We wanted to TTC before he turned 1 and then got pregnant with my daughter. After I had her (2011) my cycles have been a complete mess, so I started using opks around her first birthday. Last month I had positives before I should've and thought I was O'ing early (the first ovulation following an oddly short 30day cycle). I ended up O'ing when I was supposed to based on a 35day cycle (which it ended up being). So I'm pretty certain my hormones are still very wacky :dohh:

Haha what the....

I entered today's temp (slightly higher than yesterday's) and the crosshairs disappeared. Curiouser and curiouser.

I don't think I have anything to add for either one of you crazy chart ladies!

AFM... OPKs still negative, though as of this morning are "less negative" than they've been - wondering if my peak was yesterday... only time will tell!

AFM... OPKs still negative, though as of this morning are "less negative" than they've been - wondering if my peak was yesterday... only time will tell!

Fingers crossed it was! :dust:

lots of watery cm today (less stretchy than over the weekend). Still no crosshairs :coffee:

Fingers crossed! Your timing looks great.

I asked a FF guide what she thought of the chart and this was her reply:

Hi! Actually, the Research tuner still gives an O date...on day 31. Because the software uses a complex calculation along with research from thousands of charts, I can't always say what exactly has caused a change in interpretation. It's possible with more data that the Advanced could give a suggested date again, though it might be a different date. I set the Research just so you could see what that is suggesting, but let's keep watching this pattern a bit longer.

Sorry haven't been around for a while, been mega busy at work.

Well I got my BFP on Friday at 9dpo!!!!

Good luck to you all, hope you all get your BFP's very soon! Do you mind if I hang around for a bit?

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Congrats, LeAnne!!!

@LisK, FF's response sounds like they can't make sense of it either!

@Milosmommy, I wouldn't give up yet, as your temps are still low (like mine)...

AFM... using OPKs every six hours at least today and tomorrow. The 10 am one was more promising than my 5 am one today... but still less promising than yesterday's 5 am. I really think maybe they don't work for me. Will try to keep DTD daily, until I get my sustained thermal shift, LOL, we're starting to get tired... but determine to keep going!

Good luck to you all, hope you all get your BFP's very soon! Do you mind if I hang around for a bit?

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

YAY! CONGRATS! So happy for you!

And definitely hang around if you want!

Congrats, LeAnne!!!

AFM... using OPKs every six hours at least today and tomorrow. The 10 am one was more promising than my 5 am one today... but still less promising than yesterday's 5 am. I really think maybe they don't work for me. Will try to keep DTD daily, until I get my sustained thermal shift, LOL, we're starting to get tired... but determine to keep going!

Are they close to positive? Do you have a pic of the one from yesterday?

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

congrats!! :flower:

Congrats, LeAnne!!!

Are they close to positive? Do you have a pic of the one from yesterday?

Ask and you shall receive!

First five from left to right - 5 am tests from CD 10 to CD 15 (today) and the two on the right are from 11 am and 6 pm today.

LH_cycle4_CD10-15.jpg

Let me know what you think!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"