Child Care and working?

Yeah I agree Dionne - the worst that can happen is they say No!

We get £31.48 (or something like that) In Child tax credits with the Childcare contribution, which isn't bad considering we are just under the threshold for not being entitled to anything. But we do pay £33.20 a day for Childcare.

my manager is one £36k a yr, and i know her husband works (not sure how much lol) and she gets £40 a month for 4 kids

not alot but it shows they still pay tax credits even if you earn lots

I don't get it - if I worked I get less tax credits than I do now? DH earns £25k and say I worked 12 hours a week for £6 an hour, we'd still be under the £30k threshold, but I'd get £78 a month tax credits instead of £89 a month that I get now? What part of that helps towards childcare (I put in wages of £72 a week and childcare of £80 a week).

Just tried 16 hours a week (doh!) and we would get help towards our childcare costs. I'd end up earning £38 a week for working 16 hours, and that was basing childcare on a £3 per hour per child childminder.

yeah Kinna you have to work over 16 hours to get tax credits lol

would you want to go back to work?

Maybe for a few hours, but not 16. I feel braindead and useless being at home all the time. I haven't worked for 2 years now, it makes me feel ancient.

I work 17.5 hours, not a fab wage but dh works full time with a better wage. We get 80% of childcare paid for.

80%? I thought the max was 70%? See Im clueless to it all :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->