child care options

Im going back in september. Harry will go 4 days at nursery as no family close by. I wish i didnt have to go back but looking forward to adult company and think Harry will love being around other kids.

I'm also going back in September. Will be doing either 2 or 3 days. My mum & dad have a day off in the week, so they will have her then and my mum and mil have offered to drop a day from work to take care of her. So i have family child care sorted for 3 days, just not sure if i want to go back for 3 days yet!
I would truly love to stay at home with her but it's just not financially possible for us. I

If I ever went back to work which I don't think I will ever I'd want Lily to go to a childminder. I want her to be cared for in a home environment and I'd try and find one that had another child of a similar age.

My DH will be a SAHD when I go back to work in July. I'll be working full time, but I'm lucky to be able to work from home most of the time.

xx

OH is a part time stay at home dad. She will be going to nursery couple of days of week.

Byron's Grandma will take him for a day a week and we are going to look at a nursery on Friday and are really hoping we'll like it. We'd prefer a nursery to a childminder really. It's a good grounding before school and there's evidence that being in a nursery helps develop children's social skills. It's probably a bit irrational but we also feel we want to remain the adults that that see Byron most and don't feel like we want a stranger to have such a special bond with Byron through looking after him every day.

we dont have any family to do it but i dont think i would want her with family as i know they wouldnt do things my way it would be there way and i dont like that. i work in the nursery she will go to and i am part of the management team so it will be nice to sneak in and see her throughout the day and get a squeeze.
unfortunately u still have to pay even though i work there which is a pain the the bum
Lou

I've just started back to work this week! Marlie's spending 1 day with her Grandpa, 1 day with her Grandma and 1 day in a nursery. I wouldn't mind her spending more time in the nursery as I think she'll love it. She loves being around other kids and they get to have loads of messy play/painting etc, which I'd rather her do somewhere else than my home tbh!! I love that I get some free childcare though on the other 2 days and some special time with her grandparents.

i've worked in a nursery and i didnt like the time schedules and didnt like how lack of cuddles babies got and treated children the same instead of individuals, there was no time to sit on knees etc. and i noted that is practically kids looking after babies. rosie went to a nursery for one week when i was at college and she sobbed all day it was like a classroom its too long a day to have that much structure in my eyes.
i used childminders for rosie and she has turned out to be a very close friend now. i knew it would be the same face rosie saw when she went to sleep as when she woke up and was alot more relaxed. they baked cakes played in the garden did normal stuff like outings to the farm, and would just love going my childminder sobbed when rosie left you could just tell they had a little bond.

I'm a SAHM, but when I need a break so goes to family to be watched

I won't let anyone that I don't know watch Maxson. I've seen too many "hidden camera" things to trust someone I don't know to watch him.:blush:

I won't let anyone that I don't know watch Maxson. I've seen too many "hidden camera" things to trust someone I don't know to watch him.:blush:

thats a lovely option if you can and definitely my 'preferred' but its just not possible. I want cloe to go to nursery when shes older but for now I think childminder is best. (and cheaper!)

im looking to go bck to work in oct wen my mat allowance finishes

just for say 2-3 days a week to replace the 125 per week we will be down...

depending on wht work i do i will be working around oh, and mainly mil as she only works part time...

I went back to work 2.5 days a week in March so Hannah is now looked after by family 1.5 days and goes to nursery 1 day.

i've already posted once on here but hey ho. just read the what kind of mum are you thread and most of us are the go with the flow kind of mums yet i'm surprised at how many people have chosen nurseries, everything and i mean everything is set by the clock, and if your child doesnt eat all their lunch at 12pm thats it till 3pm or whenever theres no snacking here and there or napping here or there cos they cant be i two places at once they get nappy changes at set times and is really regimented, i'm all for routine but for people who say they never go by the book and that children are individuals thats exactly what they do in nurseries.
personally i cant stand nurseries they're at school for long enough as a child but that just my opinion some of my mates swear by them
x

I dont agree with helen1234's post really with the nursery we have chosen. The children have the same 3 staff looking after them the whole time and they copy what happens at home as much as possible in all aspects of their daily routine. I dont see how being with a childminder that looks after several children would be much different to what was said above. At least in the nursery if a staff member is ill there are others to cover and I wont be left trying to find childcare at the last minute. Just my my opinion though

Rihanna starts nursery full time (5 days a week) in just less than 2 weeks. I ruled out the option of a child minder for us personally, as I would like her to mix with lots of children and have more than one person around looking after her.

x

Mark will be going to a childminder 3 days a week when I go back to work.

And really tiny amy- it is the same price as a nursery where I live.

I looked at both but preferred a childminder cos the nurseries would be one staff member for 3 babies under one, a childminder is only allowed one child under one and in total 3 under school age which I thought was a better ratio.

Mark will be going to a childminder 3 days a week when I go back to work.

And really tiny amy- it is the same price as a nursery where I live.

I looked at both but preferred a childminder cos the nurseries would be one staff member for 3 babies under one, a childminder is only allowed one child under one and in total 3 under school age which I thought was a better ratio.

can get a decent childminder for £1ph cheaper!!

i think you have to go with your personal preference and what suits your circumstances. I don't want to risk a childminder incase they are ill. I have no family close by who would be able to mind him should this happen. I chose a nursery close by . When i went to view it it had a lovely atmosphere and the kids were all happy.It is a very highly recommended nursery with an excellent reputation. Obviously I would love to spend more time with Harry but our circumstances mean i have to work and tbh i think it is good for Harry to mix with kids his age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->