childcare allowance?

reallytinyamy

Mum and step mum
Reaction score
I'm in that ficious circle where I cant get a job til I have child care sorted, but cant get that sorted til I get a job.

I cant get an answer out ofthe tax credit people as to how nuch help I would be entitled to, I know its not straight forward and I know I have to work 16 hours a week, but I need to knwo how much help I will get so I cant work out how much I need to earn!!

Theres no point me earning £150 a week eg if I end up having to pay £120 in child care- why cant someone have the answers :dohh:

They told me... I had to go in and see someone though, and it was slightly hypathetical x

I need to find out if there is a local office or something cos the numpties on the phone know nothing. I only want hypathetical really, some sort of idea so I can make a start

I called the job center and made an appointment with an advisor x

my job centre told me they know nothing about it, but I will call them again. thanks

from the directgov website i think it was i saw that u can get up to £178 a week towards ur childcare when working

Found the link :)

https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/TaxCreditsandChildBenefit/TaxCredits/DG_073803

thanks i've already look at that.

knowing 'up to'doesnt really help us, we need to know what we're looking at based on earnings etc

u can only get a estimate n thats all they will give u till they actually no how many hours and what ur wage is. its just so u dont get over or under paid.

I know what you mean - I'm trying to figure out how much childcare we can afford as we might end up being worse off than if I was only to go back part-time..

The biggest help I've found is FSA Parents Guide to Money
https://www.fsa.gov.uk/financial_capability/pgtm/parents/parents-guide-to-money.html - have you seen that site before? (The calculator at the bottom might be the best help)

I did the same last week and they only can give an estimate which is crap I know, until you actually go to work & start child in nursery... as if we aint got enough to worry about!!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->