Childcare, Help with Costs and CSA

MrsJT

Reaction score
Hi All,

Hoping for a bit of advice please bit of an all rounder so not sure where best to post.

My maternity leave ended in December and I was due to return to work January but unfortunately my mom passed away on the 12th January, she was my best friend and well as my mom. We worked together and car shared the 80 mile round trip a day. Now I've had my little girl who will be one next month there is no way I can afford to return to my current place of work with petrol costs on my own and the cost of childcare.

I've gone from working 44 hours a week for £21k per year and looking at going part time so I get time with my little girl still, however my partner earns 19k I will be looking at 10kpa maximum does anyone know what help we will be entitled too? My husband also has a daughter from a previous relationship though which he has to pay £39 a week for so that's 0ver 2k off his income but the government don't take this into consideration do they?

I'm currently looking at 24 hrs a week at minimum wage and the nursery is £33.79 a day maybe less depending on what hours I work as to whether I can fit my daughter into morning and afternoon sessions rather than having to pay for a full day due to overlapping hours.

I need to earn £600 a month before any childcare costs and it seems like that is unrealistic for part time, but then full time over half of my wage would be spent on childcare leaving us short each month.

Does anyone know how much help we will get with childcare and if the child maintenance came directly out of my husbands wage before he sees it would this adjust his annual income on paper so we can claim with what our actual income is?

Sorry all, but this is new to me and I'm not sure what we'd be best doing we have a mortgage that we have to pay plus ground rent, service charges and council tax which have all just gone up before the rest of the utility bills and food :nope:

I'm sorry for your loss this must be such a difficult time. You should be entitled to a good amount of tax credits towards your child care, especially if you work part time as this will reduce your income, I think you have to work a minimum of 16 hours to get tax credits, I'm not sure if it was raised to 24 hours for couples. Go on the hmrc tax credits calculator (easily found on google) and have a play around, because you were on maternity leave you should get extra credits next year (from April) due to a reduced income. I'm not sure if you'd have £600 left over a month after childcare costs, but before making any decisions do the sums for all scenarios.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->