• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Christmas and New Year Baby Buddies!!

Bean66

Proud Mummy!!
Reaction score
Hey ladies.

I know there are a few December trends already, I've joined most, however when they get really big it's hard to hold good conversations so I'm starting a little buddy trend too.

I've made a few friends in TTC who also recently got their BFP's so hoping they join me here to share this exciting time but I'd be great to make new friends too.

A little about me. We are expecting our first on the 29th December. BFP on cycle 8 TTC. We had a chemical cycle 7 and probably cycle 5. I'm hoping this is our sticky bean. We have been together for over 13 years and married just over 3 and we just can't wait for this new exciting chapter of our lives.

Hi there!

I have also posted on a few December baby threads, but I agree its hard to keep up because the are already so big!

According to my calculations I'm due December 24, I have my first Dr. appointment on April 30. I'm not sure what to expect there since this is my first pregnancy.

I'm 28, my DH is 32, we tried for 21 months to get pregnant, and finally did! We didn't think this would happen naturally for us. So we are over the moon right now, and just praying this bean sticks!

The biggest surprise for me is how sick i've been feeling, I never thought i'd feel this way so early in my pregnancy!

How have you been feeling??

Hey Janers welcome! Thanks for joining.

Massive congrats. 21months must have been hard. It was our 9 mth, 8 cycle and I was starting to get very frustrated. I'm nearly 31 and DH is 31.

Feeling ok so far. Have hollow stomach feeling first thing in the am and Very sore bbs but otherwise good. My mum didn't have ms so maybe I wont.

Have you found anything to help with the sickness? Eating little and often and ginger is meant to be good.

I eat crackers and sip gingerale pretty much all day, breakfast lunch and supper turned into smaller meals because I find it hard to keep anything down.

21 months was a very long time, we had basically given up. This is was our 6th cycle since I had surgery to remove the Endometriosis, and the Dr. said are chances were the best to conceive within those 6 months. 9 months is a while too, it sure makes you appreciate the BFP just a touch more when it takes longer to get there.

I've also had trouble eating any type of meat, today I choked down some chicken at lunch and it wasn't easy.

Other then feeling nauseous nothing else is different, my bbs aren't sore, but I sware they have grown, or at least seem fuller.. maybe thats my imagination i'm not sure.

Have you told anyone your expecting? I spilled the beans to my closest friend, I just couldn't help myself. A week from today is my parents anniversary, my DH and I are going out to dinner with them and it would be very unusual for me not to order a glass of wine, so we're debating just telling them... I would really like to wait but I'm pretty sure they'll guess even if we don't tell them.

Hi. I am due 16 Dec with baby 3. I have had my 1st app and my first scan will be 2 may. Am excited.

Congratulations Blessed 100! How are you feeling? I don't have a dr's appointment until april 30, but I'm really excited for it!

I eat crackers and sip gingerale pretty much all day, breakfast lunch and supper turned into smaller meals because I find it hard to keep anything down.

21 months was a very long time, we had basically given up. This is was our 6th cycle since I had surgery to remove the Endometriosis, and the Dr. said are chances were the best to conceive within those 6 months. 9 months is a while too, it sure makes you appreciate the BFP just a touch more when it takes longer to get there.

I've also had trouble eating any type of meat, today I choked down some chicken at lunch and it wasn't easy.

Other then feeling nauseous nothing else is different, my bbs aren't sore, but I sware they have grown, or at least seem fuller.. maybe thats my imagination i'm not sure.

Have you told anyone your expecting? I spilled the beans to my closest friend, I just couldn't help myself. A week from today is my parents anniversary, my DH and I are going out to dinner with them and it would be very unusual for me not to order a glass of wine, so we're debating just telling them... I would really like to wait but I'm pretty sure they'll guess even if we don't tell them.

Not looking forward to the nausea. I work in close proximity with people all day, on a one to one bases, so it'll be hard to hide the waves of nausea. When did your start. Maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones.

Most of our friends know we were TCC. I have told one friend and my parents. I had a chemical last cycle and we'd told DH mother, I felt bad getting her hopes up, we are waiting until at least 6 weeks this time. My closest friends are going to realise straight away. I'm going to avoid them for a while but then I'll probably tell them. If I get MS I'll need to tell my receptionist at work. I am going to tell my Bro and SIL at 6 weeks, or maybe before. They got their BFP last cycle, the cycle after failed IVF. They were trying 4 years, with a BFP and MC 2 years ago. They can't believe it. She's due 4 weeks before me. I am so happy for them. When I got my BFP last cycle I was dreading telling them. I knew they would be happy but at the same time their IVF had just failed, it seems so harsh. It ended in a chemical but then they got their BFP. I'd always wanted them to get their BFP first. Funny how things turn out. They have their 8 week scan tomorrow but saw the heartbeat at 5+5. She has endometriosis too. They know we are tying and that I had big hopes this cycle would work.

Hi. I am due 16 Dec with baby 3. I have had my 1st app and my first scan will be 2 may. Am excited.

Welcome Blessed and Congrats! That's really exciting. I've not seen doctor yet. Going to call today. Don't think they do much here until 8 weeks. How have you been feeling?

Hiya Bean et al! Can I join? Still looking for buddies.

I'm 25, first time pregnant after 20 months tic, due Christmas Eve! Doesn't feel real yet though! My tests have all progressed v well and test lines are all darker than control line :thumbup:

So far symptoms are peeing loads, cramps, fatigue, some shooting pains in boobs and nips but not sore. Nausea sometimes too but I'm eating little and often, I find breadsticks and ginger tea really help.

I have my GP appointment today and don't know what to expect at all after that!

Congratulations to all, can't wait til Christmas! X

I'm 25, first time pregnant after 20 months tic, due Christmas Eve! Doesn't feel real yet though! My tests have all progressed v well and test lines are all darker than control line :thumbup:

So far symptoms are peeing loads, cramps, fatigue, some shooting pains in boobs and nips but not sore. Nausea sometimes too but I'm eating little and often, I find breadsticks and ginger tea really help.

Hadn't realised you were in London too. I'm Southeast.

Have you told anyone?

Once you have the GP appointment it'll feel more real. I think eating little and often is a great idea. I've bought a big bag of nuts to snack on.

Just booked my appointment with GP for wednesday. Kinda nervous.

Got quite a lot of cramping but I'm guessing that is normal. Apparently in the 5th week your uterus goes from the size of a plum to the size of an apple.

Thanks for joining me ladies.

Congratulations Blessed 100! How are you feeling? I don't have a dr's appointment until april 30, but I'm really excited for it!

I feel ok actually. No symptoms besides the boobs. OMG. I can't even sleep on my tummy without some major organising. It's gonna be a long 34 weeks. lol

Hadn't realised you were in London too. I'm Southeast.

Have you told anyone?

Once you have the GP appointment it'll feel more real. I think eating little and often is a great idea. I've bought a big bag of nuts to snack on.

Just booked my appointment with GP for wednesday. Kinda nervous.

Got quite a lot of cramping but I'm guessing that is normal. Apparently in the 5th week your uterus goes from the size of a plum to the size of an apple.

Thanks for joining me ladies.

I'm in north London :) I've only told a good friend, same as my OH. I was planning on telling family after 12 week scan but if I get bad sickness I'll probably tell them sooner. How about you?

I've been snacking all the time, seem to be hungry every hour! Nuts are great, I've also got yoghurt covered raisins, wholegrain crisps, loads of fruit.

I'm sure you'll be fine re gp. Apparently it's a very quick in and out appt as they just refer you to midwife.

I had awful cramps until about 16dpo, where they eased off a bit but even the last few days I've been getting them in the evening, lots of stretching to make room! :)

Thanks for starting this :)

I love yogurt covered raisins!! But I can't stop eating them until they are gone!

Not far, that's is cool. I work in Kentish Town on some days.

I replied on the other trend about Midwife appointment. I think they are generally at the doctors at first or community health centre.

I'm 16dpo today. We've told my folks, they knew about the chemical so been keeping them in the loop. My best friend knows and my other close friends will realise as soon as we go out. They know we are trying so will notice the lack of alcohol straight away.

May tell my bro and SIL tomorrow. They are having their 8 week scan. :happydance: After years of trying. They conceived naturally the cycle after failed IVF.

Welcome Blessed and Congrats! That's really exciting. I've not seen doctor yet. Going to call today. Don't think they do much here until 8 weeks. How have you been feeling?

I've been with the same ob since my first child, so we're friends now. She let's me come in as and when. Normally they will only see you from about 8 weeks.
I have no symptoms:) so I feel very lucky except the bbs that are really hurting, but I look really good in my work clothes, so it's ok lol.
Good lukc for your doc's app!

I've been with the same ob since my first child, so we're friends now. She let's me come in as and when. Normally they will only see you from about 8 weeks.
I have no symptoms:) so I feel very lucky except the bbs that are really hurting, but I look really good in my work clothes, so it's ok lol.
Good lukc for your doc's app!

That's great having a ob you've built a relationship with.

I'm with your on the BBs!!

Just got back from dr he was so pleased! :) he was a massive help when ttc. I was in and out in 10 mins, he's referred me to the hospital that I'd like to give birth in ( thank goodness I researched that this morning!) just have to wait for a letter now :) he sad i won't get a scan until 10-14 weeks :( ah well x

Just got back from dr he was so pleased! :) he was a massive help when ttc. I was in and out in 10 mins, he's referred me to the hospital that I'd like to give birth in ( thank goodness I researched that this morning!) just have to wait for a letter now :) he sad i won't get a scan until 10-14 weeks :( ah well x

That's great! Which hospital have you chosen? I think if my scan ends up being near 14 weeks I'll get a private one too. Just don't think I can wait that long!

I'm hoping for a 10 week scan. Do you see the midwife before that?

ive had so many symptoms for a long time now thats what made me check when i was 10dpo because of all the nausea cramps and dizziness. my doctor didnt understand how i could know before my period started

ive had so many symptoms for a long time now thats what made me check when i was 10dpo because of all the nausea cramps and dizziness. my doctor didnt understand how i could know before my period started

Welcome Oceanblue! Two Oceans!!

That is crazy early. Loads of symptoms are good!! Do you know when your first scan is?

That's great! Which hospital have you chosen? I think if my scan ends up being near 14 weeks I'll get a private one too. Just don't think I can wait that long!

I'm hoping for a 10 week scan. Do you see the midwife before that?

I chose UCL as they've got a good rep and an excellent neo-natal ward, so if anything happens, baby won't have to be transferred etc.

I think I might get a private one at 8 weeks hun, seems way too far away.

You see your midwife before I think for a full assessment etc at around 7/8weeks x

Bean66- I'm sorry about your loss.. but i'm very happy you got another BFP and that your sil did as well after her failed IVF.

I also work very close to my coworker, so hiding this dry heaving, gagging, and puking is going to be difficult. Luckily I have a lot of freedom at work and can come and go as I please, so if i need to sneak out I can. I'll probably tell her after my first Dr. appointment. We're quite close so I don't like keeping it from her. It will be difficult though, she just had surgery and had both tubes and ovaries removed. She has been trying to concieve for as long as me but has cancer. I know she'll be happy for me, but she'll also be very sad.

I was nauseas 1 week before I even tested, I thought I had the flu, or motion sickness that I couldn't kick (i just got home from a trip to the states, and I never do well on planes). Its never gone away! I hope your one of the lucky ones and can skip all that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->