Christmas Books

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pingu

Mummy to 2 xx
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend any Christmas books? My DD will be 5 and DS will be 3 :flower:

We have so many christmas books, I wrap them up for her advent calendar & we still have more leftover! My little girl is 6 and we love to read just right
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Just-Right-Christmas-Birdie-Black/dp/0857631365/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1411035395&sr=8-
7&keywords=just+right+book

I always put this at the start of the book advent so we get to read it more times.
Father christmas needs a wee is another of her favourites
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=father+christmas+needs+a+wee

I LOVE christmas books, can't wait to start reading them again. Just had to go get them out to look at them ;) We got father christmas needs a wee last year, and my 3 year old thought it was hilarious! :S My favourite is the Night Before Christmas, I think it should be compulsory to own it and read it on Christmas Eve. I know people who just get it out on Christmas Eve, but I need to read it more than once a year. We have a lovely version with a Peter, Paul and Mary CD.
Also love Raymond Briggs' books - we've got The Snowman, The Snowman and the Snowdog (not written by him, but Hayden loves it), Father Christmas, and Father Christmas Goes on Holiday. I love that with the originals you tell the story by talking about the pictures, which means it's a little different every time.
We also have Aliens love Panta Claus (also popular with 3 year old boys!), Paddington and the Christmas Surprise, Elmer and Papa Red, and the Santa is coming to... book for our town. Oh, and That's not my Reindeer!
Our elf usually brings one or two during December, so I will also be on the lookout for new ones. Might just sit and read them all to myself now! :xmas12:

I second the Night Before Christmas Colin loves it and he's been getting it read to him lately!

Thank you for your suggestions, I will have a look at them all on amazon. Does anyone have The dinosaur that pooped Christmas?

One of my favourites is The Christmas Show by Rebecca Patterson. It's about a group of children doing a nativity and is great for kids that age.

One of my favourites is The Christmas Show by Rebecca Patterson. It's about a group of children doing a nativity and is great for kids that age.

I bought this for Gabriella for last Christmas and this is my utterly favourite ever Christmas book.

We have far far far too many Christmas books as I got carried away a couple of years ago doing a book advent, but this one is an absolute must, especially if your little one is doing a nativity to school or nursery.

We have night before Christmas, Aussie night before Christmas, and the nutcracker.

want to get a few more this yr like Polar express etc

We have the dinosaur that pooped Christmas, amelia and Tristan love it, I actually read it to them a few nights ago at their request.

Xx

We have a ton, we do the wrapping them up advent thing with opening one book each day of December for their bedtime book. Some of our faves:

How the Grinch stole Christmas
Polar Express
The Night Before Christmas
Frosty the Snowman
Dinosaur Train First Snow
Merry Christmas Little Critter
Berenstain Bears and the Joy of Giving
Berenstain Bears Meet Santa
Merry Christmas Mom and Dad (little Critter)
Disney Christmas storybook collection
Jingle all the Way
Clifford's Christmas

Following!
Christmas books are the best!

I would like to buy the show one, but I just can't remember whether I bought it last year and it's in the loft!!
We love the Jolly Christmas Postman, The Snowman, Night Before Christmas, the Santa scanimation book.

I haven't tried the Santa one Sham, is the Santa too grumpy....?

Do you mean the Raymond Briggs one, Fairy? If so, it's pretty much the same as the film - I love it, and think he's just the right amount of grumpy!

Thanks all, lots more books for me to google and add to my amazon wish list :)

Great will have a look at some of these got a few random ones and Father Christmas needs a wee which my youngest loves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"