Christmas Days Out / Activites

Babybump87

Reaction score
What have you got planned to do with the family over the festive period ?!

We have the grotto booked but wondering what else I can do with them to make it more magical.

We are going to Hyde Park winter wonderland on Sunday and Lapland UK on Monday. That's our big Xmas trip our and the kids don't know where we are going yet! Last weekend of the month is our town's light switch on and there's a parade, fair, stalls etc during the day so that should be fun. In December we're going to Gullivers one Saturday and the Ribble Valley xmas train ride on another which we're combining with a trip to Barton Grange garden centre. We're going to a panto one evening aswell as OH's younger sister is dancing in it. I'd quite like to go to the circus at the Trafford Centre between Xmas and New year but haven't booked that yet :)

next Monday is the local light switch on with fireworks
We have breakfast with Santa at the Toby carvery on the 11th
Then 19th-23rd we’ll be in Disneyland Paris (hopefully) I don’t dare get excited yet

Next weekend is the Christmas Ideal Home show in London which I go to every yewr with my mum and auntie. You get to sample festive treats and drinks, plus browse all the stalls etc.

Taking the girls to a local petting zoo early December to see Santa in his grotto and ride the land train. We also get to see all the animals and have a pub lunch.

End of December we are doing a light trail around a local country park, which was quite pricy but sounds so christmassy.

Every weekend our town has a German Market so will go to that . I think the 4th is also the Dickens festival too, so we may go to that but it does get super busy.

If I'm in London with my parents we may try winter wonderland. Haven't been since my eldest was 2 and it was sooo busy. She's 9 now so I'm sure it will be much better.

Love hearing everyone's festive plans.

We go to Webb’s garden centre a couple of times which is always lovely and festive. We look around all the Christmas items then sit for a hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows.
Have also booked the polar express steam train ride again which I’m so excited about as it’s so magical.

We have booked a couple of nights away on a Santa break, it's the same one that was cancelled last year so I've decided not to say anything until the day before this year. I feel as though we're stretching going to Santa's grotto a bit as both children are 11 and a half now, but there is so much more arranged, panto, reindeer sanctuary, cinema and a great swimming pool so the grotto visit is only a tiny part.
I always take my nieces out for their Christmas shopping and to see the lights, they are all teenagers now but still keen to do it.

We used to go to a Winter Wonderland event but that's not on anymore sadly.
If the theatre is back open we will go to the pantomime as that became a Christmas tradition before Covid :)

We used to go to a Winter Wonderland event but that's not on anymore sadly.
If the theatre is back open we will go to the pantomime as that became a Christmas tradition before Covid :)
Where are you Bevzibubble? A lot of theatres are back up and running across the UK, some entry requirements depending on the size of the audience, but I know a lot are planning to have panto and Christmas shows opening soon. Check out your usual one quickly as I know tickets are scares.

Oh these are some fantastic days out !

I’ve booked a winter wonderland walk now, Hopefully they will enjoy that, will still look for a few other places . Events have been booked up so quickly this year too !

I don’t like taking mine to crowded places as it gets closer to Christmas, gives me major anxiety !

Where are you Bevzibubble? A lot of theatres are back up and running across the UK, some entry requirements depending on the size of the audience, but I know a lot are planning to have panto and Christmas shows opening soon. Check out your usual one quickly as I know tickets are scares.

I'm in the North West. I will check out our local theatre and see if it's back open and ticket availability etc :)

Sounds like you all have some lovely plans, my Uncle, Aunty and little cousins live in the middle of London (near that new shard building) and the rest of my extended family live in Germany so I’m determined to get over to UK/Germany one of these Christmas’.

We are on the East coast of the US this year so our big trip is to NYC to see the Rockefeller tree and decorations around the city.
We will also do some driving through some quaint little towns to look at Christmas lights etc depending on how bad the snow is as we are unfamiliar with snow and driving lol

Oh these are some fantastic days out !

I’ve booked a winter wonderland walk now, Hopefully they will enjoy that, will still look for a few other places . Events have been booked up so quickly this year too !

I don’t like taking mine to crowded places as it gets closer to Christmas, gives me major anxiety !

I'm the same. My mum really wanted to go to the Winter Wonderland 2 years ago and I managed to put her off, then obviously covid happened so it wasn't an option last year. I just didn't know how to say no this year. I'm so torn as I'm looking forward to seeing them after a whole year but also dreading the actual event.

I'm in the North West. I will check out our local theatre and see if it's back open and ticket availability etc :)
I work in theatre and know that in Scotland we are loving being back open and having audiences back in. Its all being done carefully (we still have compulsory mask wearing in doors and either vaccine cert or proof of recent test for everyone in the building over 12). I know a lot of the English theatres have adopted this too. Let us know if you get something booked.

Sounds like you all have some lovely plans, my Uncle, Aunty and little cousins live in the middle of London (near that new shard building) and the rest of my extended family live in Germany so I’m determined to get over to UK/Germany one of these Christmas’.

We are on the East coast of the US this year so our big trip is to NYC to see the Rockefeller tree and decorations around the city.
We will also do some driving through some quaint little towns to look at Christmas lights etc depending on how bad the snow is as we are unfamiliar with snow and driving lol
I've always fancied a NYC Christmas adventure, the films make it look so wonderful.
When you get the chance you'll have a great time in Germany, they do the whole thing so well, they're markets and town centres are just like the old Christmas cards. But no point being there this year anyway, a lot of their usual celebrations are sadly being cancelled.

I work in theatre and know that in Scotland we are loving being back open and having audiences back in. Its all being done carefully (we still have compulsory mask wearing in doors and either vaccine cert or proof of recent test for everyone in the building over 12). I know a lot of the English theatres have adopted this too. Let us know if you get something booked.

Thank you! I will let you know :)

I'm the same. My mum really wanted to go to the Winter Wonderland 2 years ago and I managed to put her off, then obviously covid happened so it wasn't an option last year. I just didn't know how to say no this year. I'm so torn as I'm looking forward to seeing them after a whole year but also dreading the actual event.

oh I know it’s awful when you really want to do something but dread it ! I’m sure it will be a wonderful day .
I just let my anxiety creep in and get the better of me !

oh I know it’s awful when you really want to do something but dread it ! I’m sure it will be a wonderful day .
I just let my anxiety creep in and get the better of me !
Honestly I was saying in my journal on here the other day that if it had been me who paid for it I would have cancelled but I feel like I can't because she's paid. I can't win. Anxiety is such a b*tch

Honestly I was saying in my journal on here the other day that if it had been me who paid for it I would have cancelled but I feel like I can't because she's paid. I can't win. Anxiety is such a b*tch
Aww yeah , just keep your eyes and ears sharp! , it’s hard not to let your guard down at these places . I’m sure the children will enjoy it .

I’m dreading when mine want to go to concerts . We have an indoor fair not far from us and I feel sick whenever they ask to go !

The recent terrorist attack has not helped either.

Yes seeing that we were put on severe level warning just made me even more reluctant to go. I don't feel like my mum would understand though as my nan was always really concerned about everything and wouldn't let her do things, and used to tell her she shouldn't let me do things, and I'm definitely more like my nan and am overly cautious, where as my mum thinks you've got to get the experiences while you can and can't let a little risk stop you. When we were on holiday with them ds4 was sick and had an upset stomach so they took the big 3 on the day out planned (which was a big step for me in itself) and I stayed at the hotel with ds4, and I felt so guilty that we had missed the trip with them and like I'd ruined everyone's holiday by not going out on 1 day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->