Christmas Days Out / Activites

Dh got us tickets to a Christmas lights walk through that's sold out so that should be nice. We usually do a drive through one but have never done this one. Hopefully it's not too cold!

Dh got us tickets to a Christmas lights walk through that's sold out so that should be nice. We usually do a drive through one but have never done this one. Hopefully it's not too cold!
This sounds as though it will be lovely and I'm sure there will be hot chocolate there to warm you all up (or maybe take a flask with some?)
We were at Glasglow last week, it was wondering and although it wasn't Christmas themed it was cold and bright and beautiful.

Yes seeing that we were put on severe level warning just made me even more reluctant to go. I don't feel like my mum would understand though as my nan was always really concerned about everything and wouldn't let her do things, and used to tell her she shouldn't let me do things, and I'm definitely more like my nan and am overly cautious, where as my mum thinks you've got to get the experiences while you can and can't let a little risk stop you. When we were on holiday with them ds4 was sick and had an upset stomach so they took the big 3 on the day out planned (which was a big step for me in itself) and I stayed at the hotel with ds4, and I felt so guilty that we had missed the trip with them and like I'd ruined everyone's holiday by not going out on 1 day.

My dad is exactly like your mum ! He wouldn’t let anything stop him from doing what he wanted! Has my nerves up the wall .

Aww that’s a shame he was sick . I am sure no one thought you ruined the holiday bet the older ones still had a blast !

I just worry too much should something bad happen but I try to reason with myself but doesn’t always happen ! My mind goes into the worst case scenario ! xx

My dad is exactly like your mum ! He wouldn’t let anything stop him from doing what he wanted! Has my nerves up the wall .

Aww that’s a shame he was sick . I am sure no one thought you ruined the holiday bet the older ones still had a blast !

I just worry too much should something bad happen but I try to reason with myself but doesn’t always happen ! My mind goes into the worst case scenario ! xx
My mum is definitely getting worse with age too, she is terrified of heights and water but she insists on going to the top of any high building she can on holiday now days. I remember her having to come down steps at a concert on her bum! Now she's climbing to the top of the Eiffle Tower!

My mum is definitely getting worse with age too, she is terrified of heights and water but she insists on going to the top of any high building she can on holiday now days. I remember her having to come down steps at a concert on her bum! Now she's climbing to the top of the Eiffle Tower!
Oh don’t they have us up the wall , worse than the children sometimes ! But she’s living her best life , so who can blame her , she’s one brave lady that’s for sure !

Oh yeah, if she wants to do all that then it's great, it just makes her less understanding when I'm anxious about doing things with the kids.

Oh yeah, if she wants to do all that then it's great, it just makes her less understanding when I'm anxious about doing things with the kids.
I wonder if she feels that she's put her anxieties on to you in the past and this is her misguided way of trying to make up for it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->