Christmas (December) Babies 2018!

Haha, I told DH something along the lines of how am I going to eat all that tasty food when I'll be so fat! I feel you'll probably go before me based on your past experiences of always going early, I've bet I'll go on Pearl Harbor Day.

Wonderful scan pic bdb :happydance:

Markswife good luck at getting a scan before 12 weeks, I’ll be trying my hardest too. 12 weeks seems so far off still :coffee: I’m certainly not jealous of your sickness, but like you say at least it’s reassuring

Ladies I hope you get to eat your dinners at home rather than in the hospital (but at least you won’t have to cook it then :haha: )

I’ve missed quite a bit!

Welcome to the new ladies :hi:

SS_Momma_of_2 your girls reaction to your baby news is so sweet! It’s so exciting being able to tell family such good news.

bdb I’m so glad your scan went well and that baby is measuring perfectly.

Afm, I’ve been extremely tired. I had a 2.5hr nap yesterday and that still wasn’t enough. My hips have been quite sore that I ended up sleeping with a pillow propped in between my legs which helped a little bit, but was really annoying as I move a lot when I sleep. Hope all you other ladies are having it much easier.

Yay for the awesome scan bdb!!!

Duck, lol, I know! 12 weeks seems like FOREVER! I guess it's like 5 weeks from where I'm at now, but still too far away. I WANNA SEE BABY!!! lol! I might just tell them I need the reassurance after having mc's...

Sushani, I feel ya on the exhausted. I'm sorry about your hip pain though :( I hope it goes away!

Hi all! I’ve finally got my bloods back and it went from 20 at 9 dpo to 120 at 12 dpo. She did another round of bloods today at 14 dpo since she didn’t order the progesterone on the first ones. I’m still feeling super tired. I also nearly threw up at the grocery store and I’m not sure if that was lunch not agreeing with me or the start of sickness.

Steffy, sorry about the nausea, hope it passes soon or at least you find some relief for it. I'm not sure about your numbers but they seem okay to me???
AFM
I feel so crappy right now from pregnancy and being sick. My stomach has been bloated and hungry all day and yesterday because I'm so worn out from it all. Doesn't help that my kids are having a hard time sleeping as well, but luckily they seem on the mend. I've been forcing myself to eat constantly and it is only helping so much. I can't wait to taste food again, and actually sleep for longer than one hour at a time.
The little ones usually stay calm while I rest on my bed, so at least there is some reprieve.

Hi to all you newcomers!

bdb what a great scan. I hope first tri has been treating everyone well.
I've been on bnb hiatus lol.
Had my scan two weeks ago which showed a yolk sac and gest sac but the tec thought it was measuring <5 weeks so couldn't date it. I figured it's normal to be a few days off in early pregnancy.
Going back for my repeat scan tomorrow (I'll be 8+1) so fingers crossed for positive news!

Also have my first OB appointment next week on my birthday! So that's exciting.

jessicaftl- I'm sorry you have a cold and can't sleep. I have a cold too and I feel you how it's hard when you're so exhausted but can't sleep!

ssMomma-What a great reaction when you told your family! I wish I could tell people, but I'm not quite ready yet.

bdb84- good scan and great heartbeat! I can't wait until I see a heartbeat. I am so anxious about it.

Mrsduck-Ive been feeling a bit bloated, but nothing too bad so far. It sounds like you will be in maternity clothes pretty soon. :)

markswife- Sorry about your nausea, but I'm glad it is reassuring. I have no nausea but I wish I did so I would feel pregnant.

Sushsi- I'm sorry about your sore hips. I used a body pillow last pregnancy. I need to dig that out again. My back is what bothers me when I'm pregnant further along, but sleeping with a pillow helps.

SteffyRae-being nauseous is horrible. I have had IBS dince I was small and, strangely enough, it gets better when I'm pregnant, but all the rest of the time I definitely understand how much being sick is horrible.

Breeelizabeth-how exciting for your first scan soon. I can't wait for mine.

AFM- As I've said before, last year my identical twin sister died very suddenly. We were very close and she lived with us the last few years after a bad divorce. Her death was very hard on me (I'm actually extremely excited I got pregnant because my cycles were all over the place after she died because of stress).My life will never be the same, but it has changed a few things for the better. I've been doing more things I've always wanted to do, because there might not be a "later".

Our only other sibling, my brother, is getting married in a few days at Scarborough Fair and, with the feeling of "I've always wanted to do it" and even though it was expensive and we are always watching money, I decided to scrimp around more and I ordered a custom made dress from Scotland, made to fit me with all my measurements and everything. I got it a few weeks ago and tried it on and it was beautiful! Perfect! It fit like a glove! Today I'm packing everything because we're leaving soon and I tried it on again. It doesn't fit anymore. &#128542;

It fits everywhere, except the bust now (guess my boobs have gotten bigger without me really noticing) and there is no way to fix it in time. Im a larger girl and it's really hard to find a dress that looks good so I can't get another one. I have other Renaissance dresses, but they are all peasant dresses and bodices. The custom dress is made of crushed velvet and satin and other beautiful material! I'm sad but at least that hopefully means that the little bean is doing ok because obviously SOMETHING is making my boobs bigger, haha.

I also need to come up with an excuse for not drinking because a few months ago I told them how neat it was they will have different kinds of beer and stuff because their wedding is on a special Ale tasting day. They know I don't normally go to the doctor unless I'm really sick (or pregnant, haha) so I don't think they will believe the "antibiotic" excuse. I definitely don't want them to find out that day and steal it from my future sister in-law! I would feel awful! That's her day!

Sorry so long! Hopefully everyone is having as good of a time as they can with so many being sick and I'm looking forward to seeing more scans!

Jessica: yep numbers are fantastic, they are supposed to double every 48-72 hours and right now they are doubling approximately every 1.2 days.
Brieanna can you be someone’s designated driver and not drink “because” of that?

Brieanna - sorry about your dress woes, I don't drink so I can't come up with a good excuse there :shrug:. I hope your boobs being bigger is a positive sign as well!

Steffy - That's great!

AFM, I finally found a heartbeat on my doppler this morning and it was so comforting and exciting all at the same time! It took forever to find, too. I got to listen for about 30 seconds or so before it moved around. It doesn't help that my head is still a wee bit cloudy from getting over being sick so it's hard to hear.
I hope everyone else is doing okay!

So my progesterone is apparently in a gray area right now so we will see what the next few days do..

Hi all....cautiously joining in. EDD is Dec 30. This is a complete surprise. We stopped trying almost 2 years ago, after many failed IUI procedures. I just turned 43, and neither of us thought pregnancy was possible. We just found out yesterday. I took a $ store test just to rule out pregnancy, lol....when it turned positive before the dye completely ran across it. I ran out and bough 3 more tests--all different kinds. Same result. So here I am. I'll be calling my dr today. I have never had implantation bleeding before, but had what I assume was IB twice last week--last Tuesday and Friday...scared it's twins....anyone else have IB? We have 3 kids--11,9, and 4. I'm a little shocked and scared right now. Trying not to stress. I assume with my AMA, and all that goes with it, plus the fact that I was not tracking anything means that I will have a scan sooner rather than later. Whew! That felt good to write out!!

Hoping to get to know everyone throughout this journey. I'd love to be added to the Facebook group too, but I can't remember my password to the email associated with it. Is there a way around it?

Congratulations all :)

:wave: dove and congrats on your pregnancy! My three kiddos are all about the same age as yours (within a year). <3

jessica- :cloud9: for finding the baby's hb! Where did you find it located at?

Steffy- :hugs: Thinking good thoughts for you. Are you on a progesterone supplement?

Breeelizabeth- Fx for your scan today! :dust:

Brieanna- I'm sorry about the dress, but yay for a growing baby! <3 Perhaps everybody will be so busy at the wedding that they won't notice what others are or are not drinking? Or you may have just woken up 'out of sorts' that morning and beer does not sound good? :lol:

AFM- We told "the world" yesterday about the baby. I know I'm still early (9+1 weeks according to my OB) but I feel so much more optimistic now that I've seen a little gummy bear that actually resembles a baby and that beautiful little heart :cloud9:

Hi Dove! Congratulations!! Do you have a family history of twins? That would be something!

Thank you Jessica

Bdb no I’m not but they said if it’s still low on Monday (draw tomorrow results Monday) they will put me on some. So fingers crossed bean stays out this weekend.

Brieanna, sorry to hear about your dress. It sounds really lovely from your description. Hopefully bigger boobs is a very positive sign that all is progressing well.

How exciting with all these scans that are coming up, can’t wait to see pictures!

Jessica that’s so fantastic you found baby’s heartbeat.

SteffyRae, hope your progesterone goes up in the next few days.

Dove congratulations and welcome :hi: since you have twins running on your side you have a high chance of having twins. I’m having twins myself and have done a bit of reading, fraternal twins are determined by the mother and identicals is by chance nothing to do with genetics. Will be excited to see if your hunch is right.

bdb84 that’s fantastic that you’ve announced!

Afm, I slept all night with a pillow between my thighs and I’ve woken up a lot less sore than previous nights. My left hip is the one that hurts the most and after reading my us report, both babies are lying on that side so I don’t know if that has anything to do with it. Babies are still really tiny so probably not.

Welcome Dove!!
Can't wait to see if you end up with twins or not, but if your lines came up good and quick that's definitely a positive sign I think.
Bdb - I found hb about an inch above my pelvis. I tried again this afternoon to find it with no luck, so I'm sure this little one is rolling all about like the last three used to hehe.

Steffy - can't imagine the anxiety of waiting but hopefully numbers are okay or at least supplements work out.

Sushai - Good you got some decent sleep, pillows really are amazing for it especially in later pregnancy when you feel like a whale turning over in bed. I found I had worse hip pain with my daughter because she sat lower and was the only one I delivered face down.

Anyone else having anxiety about delivery already? I know it's so far out but I find myself stressing already about it. I was med free on my last two and labor went slow until 7 cm, then it was pretty much 10 cm and ready to go in no time. I'm dreading the pain already lol.

Jessica - yes I'm super anxious. With DD I had an medicated induction and with DS went natural unmedicated (accidentally!). I'm scared this time around as I had a pretty nasty tear last time (that's been operated on twice and STILL isn't healed 15 months on!) and I'm so afraid of being given a c-section. I'm too much of a sook for it and so afraid for it to tear again.
Is there anyone you can talk to? Or have you looked into pregnancy meditation or something?

Steffy - Fx for you!

Dove and Sushai. Twins would be AWESOME! Hard work, but awesome. I had actually hoped I'd be pregnant with twins this time around. Got a BFP 7 days before period and had symptoms several days before that. But nope - Only one yolk sac seen on my last scan. I'll have to live vicariously through you guys lol. Fx for you Dove!

My hubby was so sweet last night. We've been fighting - a lot. I work and he is a SAHD (mind you, I only work 5 hour shifts soooo I'm mostly home with the kids lol!) but being pregnant and working a highly stressful job it's been tough, plus we have 4 kids (his two and my two!) Came home from work last night and he'd made me pancakes (what I've been craving) for dinner, run me a hot bath with salts, candles and picked roses from the garden. So I'm feeling pretty lucky right now. Off for an ultrasound in t-minus 1 hour! Fingers crossed that baby has grown!

Ooh, good luck on your scan! I hope it all goes well, maybe a pic? :haha:

I will be talking to my midwife about labor when I go see her next week, since I'm hoping to get my water birth this time around.

It's nice when your dh helps out, mine brought home egg rolls and sherbet for me tonight which was what I was craving!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->