Christmas (December) Babies 2018!

Sushai!! Oh my goodness, that is so exciting!

I would love to have twins, but not sure how I would cope 🙈

Buttercupbabi - only early scans I’ve had in pregnancy have been due to bleeding or ectopic etc. I booked private scan with my son at 8 weeks and it was really amazing. Waiting 12 weeks is so long!! X

Hello ladies! 8 weeks today, which also means: scan day!
I'm a little nervous, though. I don't think scans this early are the norm at least around here. I'm having one this time around so early because of what happened when I was pregnant with my daughter and my dates being off I ended up not being able to have my water birth because I was technically 42w2d when my water broke and ended up having to go to the hospital, which I really didn't want. My midwife told me that if I did ever end up pregnant again to get a dating scan so that I wouldn't have to go through that hassle again, so here we are. The funny thing was that the entire pregnancy I measured like a week or nine days behind every time, even at my 20 week scan, but they never did move my dates then. I really want a water birth this go, as I hate hospital settings so much, I get almost panic attacks.
I'm feeling a little better today than I did yesterday, but I am still hobbling like a pirate :haha:.
How is everyone else doing?

Yay for scan day! I can't wait to see your little one :cloud9:

Thanks BDB, I have to say I do love little baby boys, growing up I would have always said I want a daughter bla bla bla until I had a my son and then realised how special they are! A third boy would be just as amazing but would be nice for once to have a girl on my side when they all pick on me ha ha...

Will you and DH go and have a gender scan to find out? Here in the UK i heard that some hospitals can charge you an extra £50 to find out the gender as its taking a lot of their time! So might go and do that privately so its not rushed either...

Good look Jessica :) xxx

Thanks BDB, I have to say I do love little baby boys, growing up I would have always said I want a daughter bla bla bla until I had a my son and then realised how special they are! A third boy would be just as amazing but would be nice for once to have a girl on my side when they all pick on me ha ha...

Will you and DH go and have a gender scan to find out? Here in the UK i heard that some hospitals can charge you an extra £50 to find out the gender as its taking a lot of their time! So might go and do that privately so its not rushed either...

Good look Jessica :) xxx

I was so happy we were team yellow and pleasantly surprised with a girl last time! We're gonna do it again, too.
We don't get charged for finding out.

Thank you, I'm super nervous about my scan, probably just because I'm thinking maybe they won't find anything alive or something has gone wrong but I bet a lot of it is in my head! It's not until very late this evening, but if I do get pics I will upload one on here or in the facebook group for you guys to see!

Wow! Awesome Sushai!! Twins! :)
Hubby keeps saying I'm growing 2. Haha
We have no twins on either side so chances are really low.. even though I know it's always a possibility I'm pretty sure there is only one. 😊

Lynzylou it’s secret so you won’t be able to find it. If you add me as a friend I can add you that way though. It’s Steffany Hosmer and my picture is a cartoon of my family.
I think I’m going to try and convince my husband we should be team green this tim! Idk we are both impatient.
I went for my first bloods today. It’s so late in the day I won’t have results till Monday, which is when I have my second draw to check for doubling numbers... this weekend is going to take forever. I will have a dating scan since she apparently won’t use my ovulation date to calculate my edd and I have not a clue when my lmp was due to breastfeeding irregularity. But whatever yay I’ll have my scan in like the next 2.5 weeks or so.
Also I’ve added everyone that I’ve gotten an email for so far 😊

Buttercup- We will definitely be finding out the gender. I absolutely love the idea of waiting until birth, but I could never do it. So we'll find out sometime between 14-16 weeks depending on if I have the blood test like I had last time that tells you the gender.

Hey ladies!
Scan went great, my dates look spot on and I even got a pic. I'll upload it this evening when I get home, but the lil one had a heart rate of 156.

Yay Jessica!!!

Omg, pregnancy rhinitis anyone? I didn’t know what this was until I got this horrible stuffy nose and lots of mucous. And now I come to find out that this can last until birth?! Noooooooooo!! I really really hope I’m lucky and it goes away. I don’t have sinus problems usually so fingers crossed. In the meantime I broke out the humidifier :dohh:

That’s great Jessica, so pleased you had a great scan!

That’s fantastic news Jessica! Can’t wait to see the pic of your little one.

Oh no ksquared726! I really hope for your sake that doesn’t stick around your whole pregnancy.

Yay for a great scan Jessica!

Sorry about the stuffies ksquared. No fun!

AFM, lemonheads have become my best friend. So far it is the only thing that relieves my nausea.

Steffy I’ve added you as a friend if you get one from a random English person

Hi steffy, my email is [email protected] (dont laugh its an old school email) haha.

I keep forgetting this group is on here!!!!

Ive been at work the last 2 days, I have told my colleagues I am pregnant as my manager agreed with it being a high risk environment it would be better for my colleagues to know and protect me. It went well, they were lovely. Obviously if the worst happens it will be horrible but its been nice to have support.

I have such bad burning pain on my bikini line, its so bizarre. I never had this before!! Also the nausea is driving me insane, I never had this before either especially so early!! Eating helps but i dont have an appetite.

Buttercup I have had early scans in both previous pregnancies due to bleeding (which I have also had already but not a lot) I am awaiting a scan date to come through for this time too, if not I will pay for a private one at 7.5 weeks I think!!

xxxx

Yay Jessica!!!

Omg, pregnancy rhinitis anyone? I didn’t know what this was until I got this horrible stuffy nose and lots of mucous. And now I come to find out that this can last until birth?! Noooooooooo!! I really really hope I’m lucky and it goes away. I don’t have sinus problems usually so fingers crossed. In the meantime I broke out the humidifier :dohh:

I always get a constant runny nose with pregnancy, and now that it's coming into grass season here which I'm allergic to (when it blooms down where they farm it) it is *terrible*. I have to blow my nose constantly during the night as it is, I've only met a few other women that were lucky to have this issue.

That being said, thank you all for messages! I'm super busy on the weekends when my husband is here and we are doing our yard work and house work in the nice weather. My bloating is still annoying, and nausea is still there a bit but not so bad if I'm eating consistently. I haven't had a chance yet to upload my pic on here but I did post it in the Facebook group :)

Pregnant with #6 here! Due December 15th with our little surprise. This is my fifth pregnant that I have breastfed through, my fourth pregnancy tandem feeding through.

Welcome, silver, I'm still tandem feeding my two youngest, too! Glad to have you here with us :)

:wave: silver!

Jessica- I was hoping to see your update! I'm so glad everything checked out perfectly :cloud9: Can't wait to see your scan pic.

ksquared- I have had the worst congestion the past few days. I've been miserable! I'm not sure if it's pregnancy related or just something going around, though, because all of my kiddos have had some sort of crud here lately.

AFM- 3 more days until my first scan and appointment <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->