Christmas (December) Babies 2018!

So excited to finally post here as I’ve been following for some time . I had a d&c in February and now 7 weeks 4 days with our first :) saw a heartbeat today at 141bm measuring 7 weeks 1 day! Excited but so nervous to see what our ten week scan might bring. For those experienced mamas out there is it normal to measure a few days smaller?y DH has told me to get off the internet!! Due dec 9 :) :)

:wave: Jax. With my third pregnancy, she was always a few days behind even though I was confident on my dates (we only DTD one day during my fertile period). I'm not sure if it's related but she was also quite a bit smaller at birth than her two older sibslings (albeit just as healthy). She's now a happy 3yo who never stops talking! :haha:

AFM- Pregnancy insomnia is rough! Every time I wake up to pee in the MOTN I dread getting up because I know I'm going to have a heck of a time trying to doze back off. It's nearly 6:50AM here and I've been awake since 4 :(

bdb84 I feel you on the insomnia. It’s 1am hereand my sleep is gone after having to get up to go pee. It’s so annoying. Doesn’t help with the fatigue I’m already feeling.

So sorry you ladies are dealing with insomnia! I tend to have that issue more in the second trimester when restless leg syndrome kicks in, and it's so annoying.

Last night was the first night all week I slept through the night, considering my kids are getting over being sick and also dh and me, it was most welcome. I tried to find the hb again on the doppler with no luck. The only difference is that (tmi incoming) I didn't have a bowel movement yet today, so that may be part of it with my bowels being full...that's just a guess. I'll try again tomorrow though, :haha:
My first prenatal appointment is next week with my midwife, and I am a bit anxious for it all. I am so hoping I get my water birth this time.

How is everyone else doing on this lovely Friday??

(9 weeks today!)

Do I dare join? I'm a nervous pregnant person, lol. I have a history...

5w2d now, due Dec 26. Beta was awesome yesterday at over 6000, peeing like crazy, have a little more CM than usual, sex drive is gone, so really, all's going quite well. I have to keep reminding myself of that. First ultrasound is in 13 days to see what the situation really is. Hopefully I can stay sane until then!

Happy 9 weeks Jessica! Glad to hear you got a good nights sleep.

Welcome mayacat :hi:

Mayacat - welcome! Can't wait for your scan either, lots of ladies have yet to have one. Hoping everything goes well for you and it sounds like your numbers are great!

:wave: and congrats mayacat!

DH and I had a date night last night and it felt so nice to just have some time with him one on one (even if we were both home and in bed by 9:30PM). And then I actually got to sleep in this morning until nearly 10! :cloud9: I did have one small issue with not being able to fall asleep around 7 after getting up to use the restroom, but thankfully I finally dozed off again close to 8.

My three kiddos are at their dad's house this weekend for the first time in over two months so I'm definitely taking advantage of our kid-free weekend. FWIW- he normally has them every other weekend, but his job has him going all over the world for half of the year and his schedule is unpredictable. So it's been a couple months simply because of work and not because he didn't want to see them. Just wanted to clear that up because I'm so proud of the co-parenting relationship we have managed to create over the past 3 years since our divorce. I dare even say we are friends after our 10 year marriage. He truly was meant to father my children but not be my husband, if that makes sense.

Moving on- has anyone had any aversions to foods/drinks they typically enjoy? I find myself having to force down my coffee lately because it just does not taste the same to me right now. Same with my diet cokes. I normally am addicted to caffeine, so I have to try hard to cut back during my pregnancies. This time around my favorite two drinks don't taste right, so cutting back has come very naturally.

bdb - that's great about your ex husband and your relationship! I remember growing up without my parents together and that the hardest part was not seeing my father as much as I wanted. Good thing I'm close with him now though :). I hope your date night went well for you guys.

Yes, aversions are like that for me as well. For me it's been avocados and garlic that have been putting me off. Two things I just absolutely love. I can't say for caffeine as I don't drink coffee and soda is a rare treat for me. I remember when I was pregnant with my first I hated anything mint, which is another favorite of mine.

AFM I've been having cramps, like the growing uterus kind, a lot more today and last night and my stomach has been a bit uncomfortable. I'm forcing myself to eat food so I don't feel worse and it helps. I've already got a plan for some treats today I've been waiting all week for hehe.

Welcome to all the other newbies :hi:

Sorry to all you ladies suffering with insomnia, its only my husband snoring that’s keeping me awake :haha:

It’s great that there are so many symptoms going on amoungst the group, giving everyone a little reassurance but I had my first bout of sicky feeling for a few hours this morning and oh my god I feel for all of you suffering, I hope mine was a one off :sick:

Bdb wow sounds like you’ve got the perfect relationship with your ex and your date night sounds fun.

Has anyone got a sort of bubbling feeling in their belly like they’ve got wind ready to come out all the time?

Bdb that is awesome that you have such a great coparenting relationship with your ex-husband. That’s the way things should be, it’s not about the adults it’s about the kids and what’s in their best interest. So I applaud you and your exhusband for rising above and maintaining a friendship and such peace between you.

Afm, I’m waking up to pee so often it’s so disruptive and during the day I’m going every hour! I wasn’t expecting this until much later on in pregnancy. As for food aversions, I’ve had a craving for avocadoes but they’ve all tasted off although my husband and kids seem to have enjoyed them so it’s definitely just my taste buds. Also, beef, just the thought of it no matter how it’s done seems to make me gag a little. I do force myself to eat some though as I need the protein. MrsDuck about the bubbling feeling I seem to get that every now and then. All those twinges and cramp send me right off to google. If my obgyn hadn’t mentioned vanishing twin syndrome I don’t think I’d be as paranoid.

Are anyone else’s nipples like super sensitive? Not your boob or areola just the nipple itself? Mine are seriously sensitive, to the point of you could brush a feather against them and it’ll cause pain. It’s just really weird as the rest of my breasts seem totally fine.

No aversions, but had my first feelings of nausea today--ALREADY :o.

Not sore nips as such but sore boobs when I take my bra off and let gravity take over :haha:

Bdb- I’m having an aversion to coffee and I used to drink cups of it daily! Also big meals are making me so queasy about 1 hour after.

I feel a little out of the loop, because I don't get scans. I know we are very different in our approach to pregnancy and childbirth as we have gone unassisted with our last four and plan to do so with this one as well. 7 weeks today and feeling great, despite the cold that's going around

I always get hip pain, I think the relaxin hormone is a big part of it.

Try lecithin for the hip pain. You can get gel caps but even better are granules/powder. You can sprinkle in your food or in a smoothie. It's amazing!!!

I was having a bowl of berries last night, and they didn't taste right....not quite food aversion, but still.... :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadleyfai
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->