• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Christmas (December) Babies 2018!

Jessica what happens at your mw appointment? Is it just your medical history and stuff? You seem to have the knack at finding the hub now

Bdb I bet you feel sooo much better after a decent sleep

Mayacat - that's okay too, I still plan to be active on the forums, especially as we progress. It's still kind of quiet in the group, but I know it'll get a bit more vocal as we all get further along!

MrsDuck - I know we're doing paperwork for changing my insurance so I can see her instead of going to my regular OB, and I imagine peeing in a cup and getting weighed. :blush: I don't know if she'll draw blood, but probably to check iron levels and such. We both know I'm rh negative, but so is my husband so I don't bother getting rhogam. I'm sure she has all my history from my last pregnancy still on file so she won't need to go over everything.
Honestly I'm most concerned with why I always gain so much weight in the first trimester. I don't eat that badly, maybe more carbohydrates then before because they're easier to stomach with the nausea, but I do still exercise regularly and drink lots of water. The last two pregnancies I gained at least 45 lbs. Years ago I read that some women just gain most of their weight in the first trimester, like for the increase blood volume and such.

Haha buttercup I think that’s typical of most men. I haven’t told anyone either but I think my belly is going to give the game away before 12 weeks

Mayacat only 9 days to go yay, hope you get a picture

Jessica Shame it’s all the boring stuff and not a nice scan haha
Maybe weight gain in the first tri is just the way your body deals with pregnancy maybe slowing down digestion or something

Jessica, I too worry about the weight gain. I gained a lot with my first two pregnancies, the third I didn’t gain much and so far I’ve gained nothing. I’m already quite overweight and don’t want to add more to that but I guess with carrying twins the weight gain will be inevitable.

MrsDuck - I actually had a scan, there's even a pic on fb and earlier on here, so I did have one awhile ago. When I saw my OB while pregnant with my second, I had my first scan at about 11w or so.
Sushai - I lost well over 80 lbs after my first, many years ago and then got pregnant with my second. I was just starting to lose that weight when I got pregnant with my third and this time around I was almost back to that pre-preg weight I had going, but I think due to breastfeeding two kids, my body really wanted to store those last 7 pounds! It was aggravating, I spent months floating at the same weight and then when I found out I was pregnant the scale moved up fast. I'm quite active and eat okay, so I feel it'll work out in the end, but it really is annoying!!!
I think with twins you will gain a little bit more, but probably not a lot more. Some women just gain more because they need the fat stores.

I gained 50lbs in my first pregnancy, 35lbs in my second, third, fourth and fifth. Hoping not to gain as much this time around, as I'm not able to lose it as easily as I was before

Hi everyone. I haven’t been on here in a couple days. The Facebook group is secret so no one can see you’ve joined, I set it that way since I haven’t announced yet either.
It sounds like everyone is doing pretty well and some exciting things going on. We won’t be buying a home until the baby is a couple months old so it will be all of us crammed in our teeny house lol. I have my scan soon and I’m very very nervous!

Hi everyone. I haven’t been on here in a couple days. The Facebook group is secret so no one can see you’ve joined, I set it that way since I haven’t announced yet either.
It sounds like everyone is doing pretty well and some exciting things going on. We won’t be buying a home until the baby is a couple months old so it will be all of us crammed in our teeny house lol. I have my scan soon and I’m very very nervous!

How did your numbers turn out on Monday?? And we ended up buying our house while I was pregnant with our third, we spent so long saving up and looking that it actually all started when I was pregnant with my second (yeah buying a house is a loooot of work).

I always seem to have sinus issues while pregnant, and this time is no different. I wonder what the connection is??

They were good. More than doubled again but a little slower this time so of course I’m paranoid even though they’re fine. Yeah we started the house buying process a couple months ago and won’t be ready until the baby is here 😂😂 to be fair we weren’t sure if we wanted to stay in Ohio. I mean we don’t but we can’t afford where we want to go (PNW)
Dove ugh that sounds annoying. I’ve heard it’s relatively common but doesn’t sound pleasant.

Oh and progesterone naturally rose a little but we are keeping me on progesterone just in case.

Glad to hear your levels are doubling nicely Steffy.

My Doppler arrived yesterday and managed to find heartbeat at 8+5 (ticker is wrong) It took a lot of patience and searching but so pleased I found it.

I have so many blood tests coming up, the exhaustion is really making me struggle so I’ve got bloods on Friday to see if I’m lacking anything crucial and then week after it’s bloods for my scan and downs testing...I hate having bloods taken as my veins are awful! The joys of pregnancy lol.

I’ve been planning my announcement, i love to sew, so I’m making up a teeny tiny outfit and having a t-shirt made with “Three is the magic number” ❤️

Anyone else doing any creative announcements? Xx

Weight is a sensitive subject for me. I gained 57 with my first, 60 with my second, and just 27 with my third. In all fairness, I had actually gained 40 up until my 7th month in that pregnancy, but then my [ex]husband left me and I lost quite a bit the last two months before having DD2.

I always turn my back to the scale when I'm being weighed and ask the nurses to not disclose the number out loud. It's too stressful on me. With all three, I gained the bulk of my weight in the first trimester as well, but I also know it had a lot to do with my wonky eating habits. I would go from picking at my food or only eating once or twice a day to eating like a "normal person"- three meals and a few snacks. It would always be a huge shock to my metabolism so I would gain weight quickly until month 3 or 4 and then I would level out.

For example, in all my other pregnancies, I was already wearing maternity clothes by this stage. This time around I've been better about my diet and health and so my weight gain has been gradual. I'm not sure what/if I've gained so far, but my regular clothes still fit. I just have a little gut below my belly button. :haha: It's only noticeable to myself, though.

Dove - Yes, I always have sinus issues, and last week I had a cold and it was horrible for breathing. Plus allergies. Sadly I'm allergic to grass when it blooms (it's a big crop around here) and the only positive is that we bought our house up in the mountains so I get less of the grass pollen up here. Still, it's horrible and it lasts my entire pregnancy, so you're not alone!

Steffy - I'm glad your numbers are okay, and I'm hoping supplements help! We live in the PNW and it's worth it for us. I guess the bigger cities are more expensive, but I looked at house prices out of curiosity last week and they are horrid... way too high, just up here where we live. Moving was stressful, I have actually moved with each pregnancy, so my husband ends up doing most of the heavy lifting and moving which makes me feel terrible.

bdb - I am the exact same way with my weight, I refuse to look and they always respect my decision not to know or hear about it. I've had them tell me before they do the same thing, so I think it's fairly common. I'm sure you'll be fine this time around with your weight, sounds like you're under less stress too!

AFM I feel okay, hungry as ever, a bit anxious for my appointment today! I've been back to writing down my foods to help keep myself in check, I still have a problem with eating *enough* since I'm technically still BF my two youngest and exercising regularly, so I strive to get about 2400 calories a day, anything less I feel like crap. Mostly I need to eat fats, so I add extra nuts and seeds to my salads and my morning oatmeal. Ooh, and hemp hearts. I bought extra frozen fruit at Costco and I've been doing up blended fruit smoothies as well.

It's been a week since I found out that we are pregnant. Digi now says 3+. Since we didn't think we could get pregnant anymore, I didn't test until I was 3 days late. I have my first dr appointment today. Can't wait to see her face when I walk in, lol. It's been 6 years since I had a first prenatal appointment, but I'm sure she is just going to order a bunch of tests, and have me pee in a cup :)

We also moved house when I was 6 months pregnant and our house needed lots of work and we knocked walls down etc but luckily got it at least livable before baby arrived but we still had the builders in while I had a newborn at home

How did you both get on with your appointments today Jessica and dove?

My appointment is late this afternoon, and it's only about lunch time here, but I will let you guys know how it goes. My husband does all the demolition to our house as he's very skilled in building. He's still taking walls out and making it to our liking.

MrsDove - I had a really long age gap with my first and second. And I swore not to have kids after my third but here we are, haha. My midwife told me when we spoke she was honestly surprised I was having another, but also excited for us!

My dr was happy for us. We also recently moved, and she said that because I am now high risk for everything, that she would feel better if she referred me to a dr closer to home for this pregnancy. She said that they could co-ordinate all of the appointments that I will be having in the second half of pregnancy better than she could. I love my dr. I then bawled my head off, lol. I also went and had blood drawn--7 vials!! Plus urine. Now I just have to wait for the new dr's office to call me for an appointment, and also wait for the call about my first ultrasound for dating, and to see how many are in there :haha:

How long is everyone holding off on telling work? O feel like I don't want to say anything for a long time. We lost a baby between our second at third at 18 weeks, and it was so awful, and then to have to go to work and keep going over it again and again was so terrible. My problem is that I swear I already have a bump. It can be very hard to hide a bump under summer clothes :wacko:

We haven't told anyone yet.

Good morning ladies,

My appointment went well last night! I even got to hear the hb on her doppler, which was exciting all the same. I go back at the end of May, which I'll be in the start of second trimester by then. I had blood work done, which I knew I would, and basic vitals taken. I'm still a bit anxious for labor, but I keep reminding myself I am dwelling on it more than the time it even takes to be in labor :haha:

How is everyone else doing?

Hey ladies, I hope it’s okay if I join for now! I’m actually due on January 7th but there isn’t a January forum started yet..... and I really want to join the conversation! I go this coming Monday for “proof of pregnancy” urine test at the OB office. I’m only 4 weeks 3 days so symptom wise not much going on. Can’t wait to get to know you all!!! Also I see a good bit of mommas on their 4th baby like me!! Super exciting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->