• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Christmas (December) Babies 2018!

Welcome, APG! I agree, it is nice to see lots of others on their 4th. I hope your appointment goes well :)

I've been so tired after my brother's wedding and then we all have a cold, so I haven't written in here awhile, but I have been reading. :)

I think the reason it is slow might have to do with the fact there are 2 December due date groups! There is one in first trimester and then one here. I hope someone can figure out how to join them together.

I haven't even been to the doctor yet (insurance issues, long story) so I'm trying to get that figured out and hopefully get in to my doctor finally.

I've been so tired after my brother's wedding and then we all have a cold, so I haven't written in here awhile, but I have been reading. :)

I think the reason it is slow might have to do with the fact there are 2 December due date groups! There is one in first trimester and then one here. I hope someone can figure out how to join them together.

I haven't even been to the doctor yet (insurance issues, long story) so I'm trying to get that figured out and hopefully get in to my doctor finally.
I noticed there were two groups, I haven't really been in the one in the first trimester page though.

I had insurance issues when I was pregnant with my third and I ended up not being seen until I was about 16 weeks, it was terrible. It was a big reason I had my dates off and didn't get the water birth I had planned. I spent countless hours on the phone with the state to get it worked out and they had me on hold for so long and then errors in their system so I'd have to call back the next day... on top of being in the middle of buying our house. It was a huge mess. I really hope you can get it worked out soon, because it really can be stressful and trying and even worse with the hormones!

I'm sorry you're having a cold, hopefully it passes soon for you as well! :hugs:

Dove we haven’t told anyone either, I’m figuring just go for floaty clothes and hope no one guesses although each day I seem to be getting more and more sicky feeling but so far I haven’t been sick. That’s nice that the dr was happy for you and you get to see someone closer to home

Jessica glad your appointment went well

APG :hi:

Brieanna I hope you can get your insurances sorted quickly

aFm chicken pox is going around nursery atm so it’s only a matter of time til my little one gets it aaaaagh!

I hope everyone is doing well. Glad your appointment went well Jessica!

I hope you can get things sorted with your insurance Brieanna!

Welcome APG!

AFM, my appointment went well on Tuesday. No ultrasound but I have one scheduled for the 17th, I'll be 10 weeks 2 days. Less than 2 weeks and I SO can't wait. Aside from that I'm still dealing with morning sickness. It has eased off some but still shows up randomly through the day. I've also become a snot factory (probably pregnancy rhinitis, possibly mixed with allergies) and the post nasal drip is SO not helping my nausea. Blegh!

Hey ladies!

:wave: APG!

Jessica- I'm glad your appt went well <3

Brieanna- Did anyone notice you weren't drinking at the wedding?

Markswife- I'm sorry your m/s is still lingering :( And I feel you on the rhinitis. It's been so bad for me this pregnancy!

AFM- Nothing new to report. My next appt isn't until the 23rd so I have lots of time to kill in between.

Anybody noticing a bit of a belly yet?

Well, I'm feeling legitimately crummy today. I'll take it as a good thing, lol.

Really tired, and intermittently nauseous. I had some intestinal cramps earlier, but after a BM, they've gone away. It's definitely the intestinal symptoms I'm looking for, historically for me, they're a good thing!

Just plugging through to get past week 6. It's an awful week in my history, so the quicker I can get through it, the better. Bonus for me if I'm already a bit nauseous! That doesn't tend to happen until week 8.

MrsDuck - yikes! Chickenpox, I had that way back in the 90s and it was terrible. Hope you get a positive outcome there.

markswife - that's not too far from now, time will pass quickly! I can't wait for your scan either, the first ones are always so exciting :)

bdb - I feel yah on the appointment, mine isn't until the very end of the month. I am already showing a bit, it's amazing how quickly I progressed since I started taking weekly pics at like 4 weeks. Plus my pants are very snug :/ It's only a matter of time before my husband starts calling me fat (in a joking way :haha:)

mayacat - it sounds like things are going well, if not crappy symptom wise, for you. I hope your week passes quickly :)

AFM things are going well. Thank you for all the notes about my appointment! I haven't decided what I want to do for the Harmony test, as I tend to be a worrier and I know any statistics are going to get me really stressed. I'll be 32 when baby is born so I know my chances are likely low of having abnormalities. I google results and see lots of people complaining about false positives too, so I'm not sure what I want to do there:wacko:.
Today marks ten weeks for me! I've been mainly hungry and the nausea doesn't happen near as often as it used to. I can finally stomach some of my favorite foods again, like avocado and spinach salads. I am looking forward to having a big plate of curly fries tomorrow though :haha:
I hope everyone else is having a great Friday!

10 weeks! Yay for double digit weeks, Jessica :cloud9:

I've definitely got a little gut going on, but I feel like it was much more obvious in my other pregnancies. I shouldn't compare because my other babies had a different set of genetics, so this is an entirely new process.. but I'm such a worrier. I'm half tempted to pay for an elective sono just for more peace of mind. I may or may not have done that three times in my last pregnancy. :blush:

I am definitely showing at 9 weeks. The girls have been spreading the news to anyone who will listen. Lol..so not a secret for much longer now.
My Parents know now. They extended their trip in Texas till mid June. There was no way I could wait till then so we let two very excited little ladies share the news on video chat.
The rest of my family doesn't know yet. My Cousin just had her baby 3 days ago. It's her first. I in no way want to be a thunder stealer..lol. I'm hoping to wait at least another week but I also want to go see the baby. Hoping baggy clothes (and sweets to bribe the ladies to not spill the beans will be enough). Haha
On another note... Still battling Dear Hubby that I'm not growing a set of twins since my stomach is gaining size by the day... Or at least seems to be.
We have our first scan Tuesday. Winner picks where we go to lunch.

I’m sure at 7 weeks I’m the size I was at about 17 weeks last time :dohh:
And I’m definitely much more tired this time round. I’ve always thought I’d have twins, no idea why, but I had just one last time, I’m just hoping I’m wrong and it’s another single baby but I won’t know til my 12 week scan :coffee:

SS - ooh I can't wait, I always get so excited for scan news :D. I also feel like I'm getting bigger each day, luckily I can still shave my legs without propping them on the side of the shower wall :haha:
It's so much easier when family knows and then you don't have to walk on eggshells about the news!
MrsDuck - I was worried about having twins at first, just the what-if.

SS - ooh I can't wait, I always get so excited for scan news :D. I also feel like I'm getting bigger each day, luckily I can still shave my legs without propping them on the side of the shower wall :haha:
It's so much easier when family knows and then you don't have to walk on eggshells about the news!
MrsDuck - I was worried about having twins at first, just the what-if.

Yes, scan days are always exciting. I wish we could bring the girls but it's not permitted ...They did tell us they would give us a picture to bring home for them though :happydance:

Definitely easier once the whole family knows. Maybe bext week.

Jessica, glad to hear your appointment went well and that you got to hear baby’s hb on the Doppler.

Welcome APG:hi:

Brieanna sorry to hear you have a cold. Hope you feel better soon.

MrsDuck I really hope your little one doesn’t catch the chicken pox.

Markswife glad to hear your appointment went well and that you’ll be having an ultrasound soon.

Happy to hear a lot of you are starting to get bellies. I’m yet to grow a belly, although my pyjama bottoms feel very uncomfortable around my pelvic area. Nausea is still hanging around and I’m very tired every single day. I had a free ultrasound done yesterday. I found an ad on fb asking for volunteers between 8-12w pregnant to have an ultrasound for training purposes. So I volunteered and got to see my two babies both measuring on target and with great heartrates. I did end up finding out I have a retroverted uterus. You’d think someone would’ve mentioned it to me after so many ultrasounds lol.

Do any of you get different food aversions by day or week? I’ve been really struggling at the grocery because every day it’s hit or miss on what I can can eat! It’s been salt salt salt for me! And the colder the drink the better! Heading into 9 weeks tomorrow &#128515;

Sushai- How exciting to see your LO's on scan again :cloud9:

Jax- my aversions are by the day. Something that I craved yesterday will sound absolutely disgusting to me today. It sure makes finding something difficult.

Speaking of twins- my brother and SIL had two sets of spontaneous twins along with two singletons mixed in. I couldn't imagine!

I'm anxious to tell my side of the family. For one, my sister who is trying for her first told me right before I found out I was expecting that she had an early miscarriage. I wasn't expecting to get pregnant and had to tell my in laws early this time around as I had to cancel a scuba trip. That went a lot better than the last 4 pregnancy announcements for them, so that was nice. My only symptoms seem to be the frequent urination and my hypoglycemia acting up, which is normal of me in pregnancy. Anyone else here not planning on getting scans?

jessicaftl- I bought a new home last pregnancy too. We "moved" in the day before my due date. I was lucky he was a week late! Even then we only had a bed and couch. Everything else was still 250 miles away in Nacogdoches! Yay for 10 weeks! I'm glad you can eat more stuff again too.

markswife- I hate having a snotty nose. Luckily I have only had a runny nose because of my cold but that seems better. Hopefully yours gets better too! I bet you can't wait for your ultrasound!

bdb84- no one noticed that I wasn't drinking because right before the toast and stuff my aunt spilled her entire glass of strawberry champagne on my dress and I was busy trying to clean up, lol. I haven't had the aversions like you, but I have had cravings for things I normally don't eat.

mayacat- I'm sorry about your tummy. I've had IBS since I was a kid and I hate having issues, but at least it's a good sign for you. I'm sorry 6 weeks is a bad week for you, but I bet this time will be better. :)

SS_Momma_of_2- I bet you're excited about your scan on Tuesday. Im glad you told your parents. It is really hard to keep such a big secret!

Mrs.Duck- My pants seem a little tighter already. As far as thinking you will have twins someday, have any if your other thoughts been correct? I didn't find out the sex of my two until they were born, but I KNEW my first was a girl and I was pretty sure my second was a boy, even though they weren't vastly different pregnancies (which made everyone tell me I was having another girl).

Sushsi- how lucky you got a scan! That is weird that no one has mentioned a retroverted uterus. Maybe they assumed you knew?

Jax1105- Im not sure where you are so what day it is there, but I will be 9 weeks tomorrow too! Food aversions can be tricky when you need to eat healthy for the little one.

silver_penny- I'm sorry about your sister's miscarriage. I haven't told my family yet either. My sister was the type who didn't want any scans or dopplers or anything and I was that way too for my first pregnancy. I had a miscarriage (I was naive and thought once I saw those two lines then there would be a baby in 9 months). I got depressed and the next time I got pregnant I ended up getting 2 scans and using a Doppler. I still didn't find out the sex of the baby until birth, which was nice, but before I decided to get a scan I was giving myself anxiety attacks and constantly crying from worry. I actually ended up with high blood pressure for awhile from stress, until I caved and got to see/hear the baby. I had a healthy girl.
Then the next pregnancy I had another miscarriage but I was much more prepared and I knew it was going to happen soon so although it was horrible it wasn't such a surprising stab in the heart. For me scans are something I now want to have, but I completely understand not getting them, and honestly, if my first hadn't ended in miscarriage I probably would never have gotten them in any other pregnancies. :)

I managed to wear my dress to the wedding even though my boobs made it not fit right by wearing a super tight bra. It was really uncomfortable, but I brought a comfy peasant dress to wear that I changed into for the rest of the fair after the wedding. My Aunt spilled an entire cup of strawberry champagne on my brand new dress! I wasn't mad or anything and she felt really bad, but it just figures that the second time in my life I bought a new nice dress for myself (first was prom) it gets a huge spill on it, haha! If anyone knows how to get champagne out of crushed velvet and satin you can tell me, please. :)

We might be getting a dog tomorrow! Last year we had to put our dog to sleep because of her heart and it was horrible. We rescued her from an overgrown cemetery when we were geocaching 14 years ago and ended up keeping her after my sister (who died a few weeks before our dog) told us she would never get adopted because of her breed and size (basically guilt tripped us, lol) She was very loved.

So, the last few weeks we have been talking about getting a dog or puppy again. One of my friends nearby found a stray female she can't keep and she is trying to re-home her after they looked for any owner. They took her to the vet to check her out and got her spayed, shots and everything so she's ready to go. We are going to go meet her and see if she is a good match for our family.

It is good timing now, because there is plenty of time to train her before the baby. This last 6 months or so without a dog has been the first time since I was a kid that I didn't have a dog and I definitely felt like something was missing, but obviously didn't just run out to "replace" Muppet after she died.

Brieanna I understand your worry and wanting to have scans because of miscarriage. I am the same way. I had a miscarriage before this pregnancy and now I’m super anxious and worried about my babies because of it, hence all the scans. It’s more for peace of mind than anything else. Loss really makes subsequent pregnancies a bit harder as there’s just so much worry.
Also, yay for a new pet! I hope this dog you’re going to see fits in perfectly with your family.

Afm, nausea is especially awful at nighttime. Also, sorry for the tmi, I think I may have a yeast infection. I’ve only ever had them in pregnancy and that was only with my girls. Unfortunately I won’t be able to see the doctor tomorrow as it’s a public holiday here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->