Christmas (December) Babies 2018!

Sorry for the quick post. I finally got my insurance and stuff sorted out and an about to go to the doctor for the first time. I have never had a successful pregnancy without having a miscarriage first, like my body needs a "practice run" and so I am extremely nervous. Please wish me luck and happy thoughts. I'm hoping for happy news.

Wishing you lots of positive thoughts and can’t wait to hear your good news brieanna

Jessica, LOL! I had some last night! They were delicious! lol! haha! :haha::haha: Sorry about your aches and pains. Those are never fun.

Buttercup, symptoms come and go, but really have no bearing on whether baby is OK. For me, my morning sickness has decreased over the last couple of weeks, it's still there (usually in the evening), but some days I feel almost normal for most of the day. Sore boobs went away at 7 weeks for me and haven't been back aside from the occasional sharp pain for a couple of hours lol. And I'm at the point to where I've been able to listen to baby on the doppler, so I know all is well :) Trust me, the symptoms DO come back, so enjoy the break (BTW, I get where you are coming from, it is SO hard not to worry when symptoms leave) <3

bd, I consider 13 weeks to be second tri. :) 4 weeks to go for me!

Brieanna, good luck! Keeping you in my prayers that all is well!

AFM, baby is getting easy to find on the doppler. Last night it was in the first place I looked (DH wanted to hear it, so he was happy)! Best. Sound. Ever! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

I seem to be craving bread type things right now...mmm...bagels!! I keep hoping that I will find something that eases the nausea. Funny how you forget how awful all-day nausea is.
My dr calls 14 weeks the second tri, so I guess I'll go by that :)

Markswife that must be so reassuring, I can&#8217;t wait for another week or so til I can find it too as I won&#8217;t get scanned until 12 weeks

Dove same here, I&#8217;ve eaten so much toast as it&#8217;s the only food I seem to fancy. I&#8217;m really struggling with food atm, nothing tastes right and I just constantly feel sick

Markswife that must be so reassuring, I can’t wait for another week or so til I can find it too as I won’t get scanned until 12 weeks

Dove same here, I’ve eaten so much toast as it’s the only food I seem to fancy. I’m really struggling with food atm, nothing tastes right and I just constantly feel sick

It is extremely reassuring! My dr is giving me a scan next week at 10 weeks (thankfully), but it is SO reassuring to hear the baby before that and know all is well. :cloud9: Fingers crossed you get to hear baby in a week (I picked up baby at 8w5d).

I really need to get my doppler back from my SIL! She lives about 20 miles away and I'm never over on that side of town. I may need to just make a special trip of it, though, because I could really go for hearing that precious heartbeat as I'm waiting for my next appointment on the 23rd.

Thanks for all the good thoughts! A quick update before I go help my daughter with school work- the scan went great! :) I tried to download a picture but it said the file was too big and I have no idea how to fix it. I was super worried at first because she couldn't see anything and asked me when I got a positive hpt and everything. Then she told me to go pee and when I got back she found the baby right away. She said he/she looked "textbook" and showed me everything, even the ear!

I have to go to her every 2 weeks and take progesterone and baby aspirin because of my history, but so far it looks great!

Brieanna - lovely scan pic :) glad it went well, it all sounds very reassuring.

bdb - I've always considered 13 weeks second trimester, but I know a few doctors consider it 14 weeks. Either way, symptoms usually ease for me around 10-12 so I can't wait to get there. I hope you get your doppler back! I went a few days without using mine because I've been so busy but I did this morning and found the little heartbeat pretty quickly.

Dove - I had bagels and English muffins a lot the first couple weeks to help with nausea and it was probably the only thing I could stand. All day nausea really sucks, and the only things I found worked for me was to eat regularly even if it was just a piece of cheese and a couple whole grain crackers and to sip on some water. But generally I've found ginger works the best for me. Hope it passes for you soon!

markswife - I know hearing the hb is totally reassuring for me as well, I always worry that something is going wrong. I'm glad you gave into your craving hehe, sometimes it is soooo worth it!

AFM - I'm happy I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow, definitely showing now. I took a pic last week and you can definitely tell there's a pooch happening. I have not decided if I wanted to upload it or not on the facebook group, maybe I will! One of my friends had to have her left fallopian tube removed as she had a ruptured ectopic a couple days ago. I felt so terrible, and it's worse that she suffered a miscarriage just a few months prior. She has a great support system I think, but it is always sad to hear when someone has a loss.

I hope everyone is having a decent day, I've been super hungry the last couple of days, I suspect because I've stepped up my exercise again. :wacko:

I hope my day is going well, lol. I'll find out in about two hours. Because of my history, I get an early ultrasound to see what the situation is. I've had no bleeding though, which is good, and mild nausea is off-and-on throughout the day (mostly in the morning). Need to make sure baby is on the outside of my uterus (I have a septum) and make sure there's a heartbeat. This could go very well or very badly. Hoping for the former!

Felt nauseous right up until bed last night. Woke up feeling symptom-less??? I then realized i forgot to take my prenatal vitamin yesterday and wonder if that is related?? No pain, no bleeding. Just weird to feel "normal" all of a sudden.

Hope your scan goes well!

Mayacat I hope all goes well for you at your scan

Dove that happened to me the other day and all of a sudden I had lots of energy but it didn&#8217;t last long and the sickness and tiredness soon returned

mayacat - good luck! I can't wait to find out either :)

dove - if your vitamin has iron in it, it could very well be part of why you feel so crappy. I've found when I don't take the iron my nausea is much less. I've been taking gummy prenatals that don't have iron. I'll find out when I get my blood work back, but since I have been cooking with cast iron I hope that helps a lot because the prenatals also mess with my bowel movements.

I was always 3-days-on, 3-days-off with my symptoms with DD. For 3 days I would feel so ill in the mornings, and slightly less ill all day, then I'd have 3 days of close to relief before it started again.

Scan went as well as could be hoped for! Babe looks like it's snuggled in on the left horn of my uterus, to me it doesn't look like it's on the septum. Heartbeat is present too! I'm going to try to relax for a couple of weeks, lol.

I&#8217;m glad all went well with the scan mayacat great news

mayacat - woo! great scan pic, I'm glad it's putting your mind at ease! My symptoms also do that where I feel great for a few days then a few days I just feel like poo.

AFM - 11 weeks today, I even took a lil bump photo for the facebook group. I feel okay, but I was sooo hungry all night and it really bothered my sleep. I had to get up and eat in the middle of the night. I'm craving a chimichanga so bad right now, :haha: so I know what I'll be eating for a treat this weekend. I hope everyone else is having a good Friday, and that you all have good weekends!

Hey ladies!

mayacat- I'm so glad your scan went well <3

Jessica- I'm going to go look at your bump photo as soon as I'm done posting here. I've been taking bump pics since my 10 weeks last week, but there's still not much there. Just a normal soft belly that I always have with a bit of bloat on the side. :haha:

Any plans for mother's day? I'm actually getting what I want most- a kid free afternoon! :happydance: My mom and I have pedicure appointments and are getting breakfast beforehand.

Really wish I could find a way into the facebook group!:cry: I don't use the email address associated with my account, and have no idea what the password is.

We lost my mom last November, so this Mother's Day will be difficult. We will be having brunch out, and then, weather permitting, a beach day.

Still haven't heard about my ultrasound date or from the dr I've been referred to NINE days ago....so impatient, and time is going so slowly

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->