• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Christmas (December) Babies 2018!

I'm so tickled! Getting used to the idea that it's happening!
Been waiting a little less than 7 years for this!
Like when she turned on the thing and i saw a little bubble i'm like O_O it's there! Real!
Wiggling around.

She had to find a spot where baby wouldn't move too much to get the heartbeat measured. So cute to see that little thing flicker! I'm probably gonna cry when i hear it. (That's coming in July!!!!) omg 2 months!!!!!

Sushai -- omg TWINS!!! That's awesome!!!! :happydance: I'm glad they are doing well.

Lucy and stargazer what gorgeous scan pics!

Jessica I’m so glad you’re feeling much better after some Tylenol, food and a massage!

Stargazer, it must feel so surreal and exciting after waiting such a long time for this. I’m seriously happy for you!

Yeah ... I'm still like: "There's a baby inside of me! for REALS...." haha

I'm trying to decide how to post it on FB. It's my 1 post for the month LOL (i don't get on much) My extended family is all across the US, and so i'm sure they can be told now ;)
I want to put something snarky but sweet with the picture.

Hoping your girlies mornings are going better than mine.
My anxiety is high for stupid reasons and well .... reflux isn't a friend of a pregnant girl :/

I think I slept a total of 3 hours last night. I woke up no less than 8 times and just could not fall back asleep. I'm not sure if it's pregnancy related or not (only got up to use the restroom once), but I'm exhausted!

Are you ladies having the blood test done at your 12 week appointments that also determines the gender? I'm hoping my doctor will do it for me on Wednesday. I had it done in my last pregnancy (without knowing), so I assume I will be able to again this time around. If so, it looks like I could know what I'm having within a couple of weeks. :cloud9:

I know what you mean about sleep!! I have been tossing and turning most nights now.. and I'm getting up to pee at least twice. I'm a zombie. Haha

You get a blood test to determine gender? Wow. Only way we get is through u/s and as we all know.. not 100% accurate.

I'm still wanting to be on team yellow but hubby has now completely changed his mind and really wants to know if we're having a boy or a girl. And he know has both girls on his team. Lol

Buttercupbabi we have the same feelings about the NT scan. It’s more about being prepared for whatever comes. Hopefully though all of our scans and results come back perfectly normal.

Jessica, I hope your headache eases up. That’s so awesome though that you were able to palpate your uterus.

AFM, I had some awful crampy pains last night on my left side. No bleeding though but decided to get checked out anyway. Doctor suggested an ultrasound just to make sure all is well. I managed to get an appointment for this morning and luckily everything is well with both babies. It was surreal seeing how much they’ve grown and just how much they were moving around in there. The sonographer couldn’t see anything abnormal or anything that might be triggering the pain. So I’ve put it down to possibly just some awful stretching pains.

upload a picture

So beautiful!!

StarGazer - yes, that feeling is pretty cool, realizing it's all real, kind of intense! I get anxiety too, sometimes it's worse during pregnancy, no real advice except that you're not alone there.

ss_momma - yes, it is the "Harmony" test, I think is what she's talking about. It's mostly for checking abnormalities but you can also check gender. I am also team yellow, so I'm going to talk with my midwife next week if I can not find out the gender but get the test done. I hope you get some sleep soon, going so long without decent rest really sucks.

afm - Not much going on here, my appetite is pretty intense right now, and last night I had a bit of nausea, and I'm still trying to find foods that appeal to me for more than ten minutes. I hope all you ladies are having a good morning (or afternoon depending on where you are).

Glad i'm not alone with the whole anxiety thing. I wish it was about baby stuff. but it's about going to eat lunch with a co-worker....idky ....i wasn't nervous about any of the other outings i went on with others. So annoying, I hate my nerves.

So my FB post was the talk of the town last night. I have over 50 comments of "Congrats" A few asked what I was having... LOL silly people.

Having a mini panic attack trying to figure out how i'm going to afford being out of the office during baby time....I have no personal time. And re-reading the handbook, in order to get anything I have to be here for 2 years before i acquire 2 weeks.... Oh baby ... what silly timing you have.
I'm hoping my boss can work with me trying to work from home. Maybe a few hours a day or something until i can work a full 8hrs again.

Aaah lovely scan pics ladies!
Its so exciting seeing these :)

I had some bad anxiety about this pregnancy a few weeks back and couldnt shake it off but now I seem a little more relaxed...

Just had a sad moment, theres salami in the fridge and the smell was so good and my MW told me that was a big NO NO and I could honestly cry! Its my absolute fav! 31 weeks to go... haha!!

I'd probably still eat the salami, LOL. I eat a lot of deli meats still, but generally I heat them up first.

I've ate subway and firehouse subs and felt fine afterwards, and the day after too.
My issue was the smell of the sauce i had them put on my subway turned my nose so i haven't been able to eat the second half of the sandwich :(

My co-worker took me out to lunch. I feel a lot better, but it's slowly coming back. I think this blah feeling is from sitting and not moving around. I'm gonna have to find ways to move around. Kinda hard for data people..... we sit and stare at the screen for hours!!!
Came back with some "left overs" and I already ate them LOL I feel like a pig .... a pregnant pig LOL And Bread .... O M G .... Bread is heaven sent! This kid LOVE it's carbs! -- I HAD to stop and get a bojangles biscuit yesterday.
Sadly all these carbs are making me sleepy *yawn*

StarGazer, I hope you get your financial stuff figured out there when you're due. I get anxiety over a lot of random stuff, but I find I feel so much better if I get outside time, so I suspect a lot of it is due to not getting enough Vit D. I live in the PNW, so I don't get a lot of sunshine here. I am curious to see what my levels are when I go see my midwife next week. I think the reason you're not supposed to eat deli meats are because they carry a very small risk of having listeria, same as deli salads (cold salads) from the store. If you heat up the meat it kills the bacteria, but it has to be steaming hot. I make a lot of homemade pizzas so I know the meat is warm.

I'm craving some spicy foods really bad, and pumpkin bread. I know what I'll be baking this weekend :haha:. My husband is happy, he gets to eat all the extra food I make. I'm eating eggs with el pato and cheese right now, so spicy and sooo tasty.

Anyone else have cravings for spicy stuff? I had it bad with my last pregnancy with my daughter too, lol.

OH I read up on all that jazz. I just make sure that it's safe for me to eat, then it's usually safe for the baby to digest too.

urgh. So i fell asleep.... totally don't remember laying my head down. Now i have this huge red mark across my face and my eye is red. And I had to clean up a droll puddle. Normally it wouldn't bother me (well falling asleep is never been ok....so i'm annoyed i passed out for nearly 30mins) but i have to pee .........and i have to walk past a ton of people to get there.

Buttercupbabi you made me laugh with your disappointment at not being able to eat salami only because I’ve been craving ceviche (it’s raw fish cooked by the acid of lemon) and it’s also a no go zone.

Jessica you are right, it’s all about the risk of getting listeriosis which increases the risk of miscarriage and stillbirth and other horrible things.
I’m also craving spicy foods. I always have homemade chilli paste in my fridge and I just add that to whatever I’m eating. It all just tastes so much better with chilli lol.

Sushai - I made a veggie dish that had a bunch of chili garlic paste and peanut butter. My husband was "this is waay too hot" and I ate like four bowls :haha: Making my mouth water and now I'm thinking of making more for a snack.

Omg! Jessica that sounds great! Garlic is my other favourite thing. My mouth starts to water when I smell fried garlic. Don’t think my husband appreciates the combination either lol.

I haven’t liked peanut butter in a while. I normally eat my waffles with it but, since finding out I just can’t grasp opening the jar.

Urgh. Bad bad mistake for eating pizza for dinner. Tummy not liking food today, and the grease wasn’t a good choice.

I can only eat bread and bread-like things, and sugary stuff. Literally everything else makes me feel sick :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->