Christmas (December) Babies 2018!

(Omg ... I just had this long post ready to click "reply" and i clicked on something trying to follow a convo.... and totally just lost everything i wrote)

Hope you ladies don't mind me asking on here but anyone having a 3rd section or had a 3rd section before? Im so nervous about it already yet got another 7 months to go... spoke to the MW who said dont worry some people have 5 or 6 nowadays but that doesn't reassure me really!! I would have loved a natural birth but something wasnt happening down there with my 1st and consultants have said in the past it prob would happen again with future pregnancies :(

Any one have weird skin patches?
I could have swore this "spot" appeared before I was pregnant. I thought it was my lymph nodes acting up (as they were irritated the month before and why i think i didn't ovulate that month) .... but now it's getting bigger and blotchy. And i noticed another forming on the other side.

I also have a surgery scar from about 10 years ago it's getting really red again. I'm hoping that's just from things swelling and body changing.

bdb - I found out yesterday that since our small town draws from the underground (a well) we're actually not part of the warning. I had to call the city to make sure, so I am super thankful but also still worried about all those that are still affected as I am in a few local groups and have friends who are dealing with it. I kept fish for years and dealt with this toxin a couple times and it is really not easy to get rid of. Thankfully it doesn't usually get too hot or cold in this part of the country (one of my favorite things about living in the PNW) but I really do prefer the cooler weather.

ss_momma - yaay 13 weeks, and woo a scan! Glad all is well there :)

StarGazer - I've done that before with the post and accidently hitting an ad on my phone and then it all disappears. I get pretty angry when it happens, I generally try to only reply to messages on my computer now instead for that reason. As for the spots, I get red blotches on my face really bad in pregnancy, I believe it is called miasma or pregnancy mask. Sometimes they don't happen on just your face, and even places can change pigment. I think it's also the reason a lot of women get the linea negra on their belly. Sometimes my tattoos itch during pregnancy at random times too, it's weird.

AFM I have my appointment today with my midwife, so I might talk to her about getting my 20 week scan, but I doubt it'll get brought up this early. It is cool and cloudy up here today and I'm really enjoying it. My oldest is almost done with his coursework for school so he spends a lot of time chasing his younger siblings about lol, good for a nap though!

Jessica- I feel like I belong up in the PNW. Not only for the gorgeous scenery but because I cannot handle heat. We have heat advisories all week with no end in sight. I mowed the yard and pulled weeds yesterday and felt like I was going to pass out from heat exhaustion. :(

Oh and my tattoos randomly itch as well.

Star- I haven't had any patches from pregnancy. I do know it's common, though. I just break out a lot more than usual.

Buttercup- I haven't had any cesareans, but I understand your anxiety :hugs:

Hope you ladies don't mind me asking on here but anyone having a 3rd section or had a 3rd section before? Im so nervous about it already yet got another 7 months to go... spoke to the MW who said dont worry some people have 5 or 6 nowadays but that doesn't reassure me really!! I would have loved a natural birth but something wasnt happening down there with my 1st and consultants have said in the past it prob would happen again with future pregnancies :(

Me! My first was an emergency c/s, then because my second was less than 2 years after, they said that would have to be a c/s. Then when I had my third, they said because I'd already had 2, I'd be having a third. My dr confirmed for me this time that I'd be having another one with this baby. I had the same OB surgeon for the first 3 (she has since retired) and she commented last time that my uterus is in good shape. There is nothing you can do about it, so try not to worry :)

I've read about some of the spots but these aren't itchy, they are just there. They are on my chest just below my breasts. The one was getting darker, then lighter I thought it would go away but now it's getting red.

Nothing "noticeable" on my face just a little bit of acne. Normally I blame it on my pillow, meaning it's time to wash it. And now i've been thinking that it's mostly pregnancy "glow"/oil.

Buttercup -- this is my first, so no news on all that stuff. Little one is too small to be of concern quite yet for a c-section.

StarGazer - I also get dried patches around my breasts, and only during pregnancy, so I really do think it's common. I've found keeping them as dry as possible, from sweat or not drying off after a shower well enough helps a bit. But I also get terrible body acne, a couple of pimples here and there just like I do before a period.

bdb - I love living here for so many reasons, but we bought our house up in the mountains and we're just a block from the river and the park, so it's very peaceful. Last year we were in the "path of totality" for the eclipse and we were able to sit in our front yard and watch the entire thing, but there were a lot of tourists that came through for the event. I wish I could be out doing yard work, but my allergies are picking up from the grass pollen down in the valley. I tend to do most of it on the weekends because that's when my husband and I spend our time together.

buttercup - yeah, I can't say much for a c/s, best of luck on that front, I'm sure it'll be routine :)

I'm eating a nice big sandwich with spicy peppers on it, before popping on the treadmill. Feeling movement and noticing that when I search for the hb on the doppler I can find it a lot higher up now.

Ss yay for your good scan and being 13 weeks

Star yes I had these blotches that appeared on my forehead with my last pregnancy which was a dark pigment that spread across my hairline. This time I have a patch on my chest, which I’m guessing is the same thing, but it went after having the baby but it did take a while to go completely

Jessica good luck at your appointment, I hope you get to book your scan

Well I’m finding this the longest 12 weeks ever aaaagh, still a week to go til my first scan :coffee:

MrsDuck - Woo, cannot wait to see your scan, so exciting :)

Good morning ladies! Woo, I've made it to 14 weeks, and finally into second trimester! My appointment went well last night. I didn't get to book my scan yet, but that's okay, I will when I go back and see her at 17 weeks. The policy is pretty clear for them not doing a scan until 20 weeks. I don't mind, I know it'll be in July. My bloodwork came back okay except my vitamin D was incredibly low, not really a shock, that's why she suggested testing it because I had a feeling it was. So I'm going to take some supplements for it and hopefully that'll also help my moods balance a little bit. My husband got to hear the hb for the first time and so did my little ones and they were all quite excited by it. My weight gain has been a lot better, only three pounds higher than a month ago, which is a relief, I'm hoping it continues to taper off (I know it'll go up more especially in third tri). I didn't go to bed until almost 11 last night and I am super tired today. I hope you ladies are also doing well and that you're going into the weekend with some fun on the way!

MrsDuck how exciting that your first scan is in a week, not long to go now!

Jessica, happy 2nd tri!!!! It’s so exciting that some of us are already stepping into the second trimester of pregnancy. Glad all your blood work came back normal besides the vitamin D which you are now correcting.
That’s so cute about your hubby and kids being excited at hearing the baby’s heartbeat :cloud9:

Afm, it’s 130am and I’m dealing with insomnia. I’m seriously tired all the time and this insomnia doesn’t help one bit. Later this morning is my 12 week NT scan, feeling nervous and excited all at the same time.

Hi ladies!
Been suffering with my reflux. I slept semi elevated last night, felt a little better, but not 100%. I need to take the pill the doc gave me before dinner tonight and see if ican keep it down better.
I need something no anti-nausea i need something for my acid.... keep it lower. Since this is only gonna get worse before the baby comes.

Any one know how to deal with low blood sugar? I'm not diabetic but i guess i didn't eat enough this morning and had to bring it back up with a snickers and some mountain dew. I haven't been big on sweets lately and trying to limit my soda as MUCH as possible (i can't totally eliminate it or i'll die!)
Normally all i know if is to eat a high amount of sugar fast to get it back in my body. ....

Sushai - omg, can't wait for your scan either, I hope you get a pic!! lol I can relate to the insomnia, do you also get restless legs?

StarGazer - I actually have to take a PPI for my heartburn because I have GERD, so I know what it's like. I found a few short term things helped with it though, many years ago. Pineapple is really good, baking soda/water will help too, apple cider vinegar is another good one. Tums work well, but if you eat too many it can mess up your bowels :wacko:. As for the blood sugar, I actually have insulin resistance and dealt with a lot of issues years ago. But I've also had an issue with hypoglycemia. Pregnancy normally lowers your blood sugar as well, and if you've got a lot of issues you might have "reactive hypoglycemia" which isn't all that common but could be. Funny enough I've noticed the past week or two that after I eat in the mornings, about two hours at most I feel like my sugars are very very low, so I think they tank because I'm not eating regular. That might be something to consider for yourself. I know your appetite isn't much and it really does suck when you need to eat but you can't. Definitely bring that up with your doctor. The main thing is to eat like half the amount of carbs with protein. I brought this stuff up with my midwife last night and she suggested I eat less oatmeal at breakfast and add some eggs. I tried that today and so far I feel a lot less issues. Sorry for the long post, I hope it helps a little bit!

Thanks Jess! I'm pretty sure i have GERD too. I don't have a ton of heartburn, it's mostly acid that I throw up. And if i eat "soon enough" it seemed to settle it, if I eat it too late it comes with the acid.

I'm being passed around the lot of people so that I get to meet everyone on the team.... It's a large hospital wing. So the lady i spoke with last time was just a NP, and not even my normal one.

I have to talk to them anyways about something from last visit. So i'll see if i can reach out to the team and see if i can get something about.

I've been all about some bread lately. I'm trying not to gorge on it, but biscuits, dinner/yeast rolls are heaven!
I got Panera for lunch and HAD to get a bread bowl!

Just had 13 week scan X due 6th December :)

Attachments

• received_10156429969125948.jpg
    received_10156429969125948.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 19
Every ones scans are looking more like Babies now!
I can't believe my little one was wiggling as much as it was, and it's little arms and legs that visible at 10 weeks!

Makes me want my 18wk scan like now lol so I can see my little one again.

StarGazer - it really gets terrible in the latter of pregnancy when your stomach is all squished up... ugh, I sometimes still get heartburn then so I definitely can relate. I hope you can get some relief from it!

phantom - what a lovely scan, I don't know much about theories. I think a rounder skull might be a girl? I should look at my pics of my past babies and see if there's much difference other than the obvious lol.

Phantom what a gorgeous scan pic! I’ve no ideas on theories either but I like hearing everyone’s opinions.

So I had my scan this morning and both babies seem to be developing normally. They didn’t have the blood test results yet so I’m going to have to go back on Thursday to get them.

Aw such wonderful scan pics ladies ❤️❤️❤️

Sushai - aaahhh, so lovely! I bet you're excited! Glad things are going well, though!

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->