Christmas (December) Babies 2018!

Mine was so stubborn during the scan, must have spent the entire time nudged against the placenta and the tech had me lie on my sides to try and coax them to turn around. I got a couple pics of baby yawning and waving. I did see their legs and arms moving quite a bit, but it all happened so fast and with the strange movements I had my eyes closed a good bit of the time so I wouldn't see genitals. I did look at one point when she was measuring femur length but I don't think I saw a penis, but I tried not to look for anything either.
Have you made any guesses on gender? My three year old says he wants a little brother and my oldest said he wants another sister. I can't wait to be holding them in my arms as well, but I do try to enjoy pregnancy since this will be my last, and enjoying those flutters and kicks. This one is not quite as active as my second, more like my dd, calm and moving around at their own pace.
I think they are aware of the noises and jostling, though.

https://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg576/jessicaftl99/37361146_10155324004286580_2905465506532163584_o_zpspgerr8nx.jpg

Star- Baby is adorable! :cloud9:

Sleep is hit or miss for me lately. Some nights I'll conk out and get a solid several hour stretch before waking. Other nights I'm up every hour, it seems, and it takes me just as long to fall asleep between stretches.

Yay for 21 weeks, Jessica! :dance:

I am now able to see the baby's kicks from the outside if I'm watching closely. She seems to stop moving as soon as DH tries to see or feel, but I was able to get a short video yesterday where my belly very obviously does a little pop where her foot hits.

I just posted for some guesses, in the Gender Prediction forum.

I'm holding to my instincts, but I'm truthfully happy either way.
Hubby and a lot of others think I'm gonna have a boy, and my SIL will have a girl (even though she's way too early to even know anything more)
Plus Hubby thinks the Tech let it slip ... so i think that's why he's stuck on boy.

My dreams aren't of baby's lately, they are of toddlers. Last night it was a a boy that I was tickling in a stroller... (the dream is fading so i can't remember much more).

Jess what a lovely blanket! That's awesome! Your LO will love it!

Thanks DBD!!!
I see my puffy cheeks in the profile. I really can't wait to see them! I LOVE baby cheeks, they are just too "pinchable" LOL

bdb - that is so exciting! I looove that part, I wish I'd taken more videos with the last ones, so this time around I know I'll take pics. Sleep for me is about the same, some nights are good and others I wake up constantly and toss and turn for hours it seems. Thanks, I took a bump pic, as I feel so huge already haha.

StarGazer - Thank you! I am thankful it is long enough that dh will be able to lie under it comfortably if he so chooses but he is more hands-on, letting baby sleep on his chest (I do it too, it's so cozy). Maybe the tech did slip, lol, a penis is super obvious too on the ultrasound, especially if they're flashing the goods. Both of my boys liked having their legs open it was pretty obvious what they have :haha:. Mind can play tricks on you too, you might think you see or hear something after you think on it too much.

Jessica the blanket is gorgeous and yay for 21 weeks

Star excellent pics and I’m also going boy

Bdb yay for nice strong kicks, I can’t wait to start seeing my belly move

Most of my dreams have been boy related, so that's kinda why i'd be more inclined to lean that way.... but I still have a "girl" feeling.... My face is kinda boyish, so idk...... :shrug:

I didn't look away during any of the scan unless I was looking at my mom or Hubby. But I wasn't really "looking" for it either. So I have no clue! All i saw was the "cord" which covered like most of the bottom area...

We've already decided on nicknames for the kid no matter which way it goes. Since Hubby is the third, he wants to pass long his name. So if it's a boy he'll probably get called "Four". And if it's a girl her nickname will be "Care Bear".

Thanks MrsDuck!

I thought boy as well when I looked at them, the head shape and body look boyish with a shorter torso. It is always exciting to see the different combinations two sets of genetics can make. My dh is so feminine looking there is no way I could be sure going by facial structure.

Based on all that I'm leaning towards boy. I tried to look up the skull theory and i'm getting both, cause i can't see exactly where the jaw is cause those puffy cheeks.

Stargazer love the pictures, too cute!!! You were given some really great shots.

Jessica happy 21 weeks!! I was just thinking how crazy it is that we’ll all soon be in countdown as we near the end.

Afm, insomnia has hit once again, it’s 3am over here and I’m wide awake, ugh! Luckily it’s saturday and I’m hoping he kids will sleep in till close to 8 as they’ve been wanting to do all week.
In other news, DH managed to get half day off for our scan on Tuesday and I’m super excited about that as I really wanted to share this moment with him. Can’t wait for Tuesday!

Thanks Sushai!!!

I hate that you are awake at this hour :( I'm hoping you can find some more sleep somehow! (and that the kids let you sleep if/when you finally get back to sleep)

Oh yeah counting down will be awesome! Since Baby is measuring big, I might be do sooner than expected! They didn't change my date since it's only 5 days (and i think they said they only change it if it's over a week or more), but it's kinda cool that babies can grow faster than how far along we are.
I'm just hoping that Baby isn't huge! My mom already told me that I should have a baby around 8.5-9 lbs unless Hubby was bigger.... I need to find his little birth cross stitch and see what it says.

Sushai - I am also excited for your scan and yaaaay dh gets to be there as well! It is crazy we are close headed through second trimester so fast. Sorry about the insomnia, like I said earlier some nights I get the same thing and others I sleep most of the night. I've found no change in my routine works, maybe eating a snack before bed, but I'm always soooooo hungry when I get up. I hope you can get some rest soon.

StarGazer - all my kids had big cheeks and big doe eyes mainly because of me, but they changed a bit over the years. It is crazy how they all look so much like dh but I can see my own features in the mix. I think skull theory works best for the 14 week scan. I looked at my dd and second ds scans I have tucked away and they both have distinctive features lol. I can never tell really.

Jess --
I only have a 10 week (which was supposed to be closer to 8, but the time didn't work out) and this 18 week ... So I guess I'm SOL then lol

My little nephew looks exactly like his dad
(I stared at pictures of Hubby and his brother as kids for a LONG time -- his mom had collages on the living room walls up until maybe 3-4 years ago -- i'd been around the family for probably close to 15 years now)
I try really hard to find similarities that look like his mom and I got nothing... So at 2 he's still very much his dad.

(Sorry ladies ... i'm bored at work ... ) I'm listening to music, Chatting with you, Chatting with a friend and slowing renaming PDF's

I'm playing my snes and listening to my bluetooth speaker lol. Dh has a huge green trunk full of pics and there are quite a few of him as an older child but only two when he was very small. He was a fat kid, I think since he was born well over 10 lbs he had some chunk on him. Of course he is super thin now Haha. He looks a lot like his mother and he has an Irish twin that does actually look a lot like him, as well. I didnt get pics of my first during my 20w scan, with the reasoning that he never stayed still. I was angry about it then, too. Luckily I got a 11w scan with my second. But with my third, because of all the issues I had getting insurance, I didn't even see a midwife until about 18 weeks along. This one does not kick and shift like my boys did, but it could be because I have an anterior placenta.

I have a bunch of pictures of me from baby through probably around 10ish? idk how old i was... I have a few random teen ones, mainly school pics, the most recent picture I have is from Hubby's brother's wedding nearly 6 years ago. I have some more from the wedding I attended last month, but it's just me and the Bride.

I'm reliving some childhood music, that no one seems to play anymore... Just watched a 1980 concern/video OMG BIG HAIR was a THING! O_O I'm glad that I grew up past the craze!

Hubby looked SO different as a kid than he does now. And honestly since he grew out his hair and only trims his beard and 'stash ... I really haven't seem him with "neat and tidy" in a reallllllllly long time (like 5 years) I keep telling him he's gonna cut it when the baby comes, but he says no. :shrug: i'm trying to find the guy I married in the mess of his frizzy curly hair.
Hubby also has eye problems, so in a few of his childhood pictures he had a patch (which made for a really cute pirate for halloween that year)

Aw, some people change a lot as they age, my dh looks stunning now as he did then, his hair is longer though, but it sticks out all over the place like he stuck his finger in a light socket. He says it keeps people at bay, but I don't think it works because he is very charismatic and people often approach him.
I am listening to my weekly streams on YouTube and watching the little ones play before they go to nap.

I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend, I’m feeling very bloated today, more like 8 months pregnant haha hubby even commented ‘are you sure there is only one baby in there?’ earlier.

Hi MrsDuck...
Oooh lovely,have you felt any movements yet?
My belly is getting bigger amd fitting nicely in maternity clothes but I barely get any flutters. Just a few little pokes now and again...

For the past 3 days, in the evening I have been getting pretty bad heart palpitations. I have an underactive thyroid and i think i should be getting this tested this week!! 1 thing after another...

Hi buttercup happy 18 weeks. Some days I’m feeling lots of movement and other days hardly any which is a bit unnerving, I’ll be happier when it’s more constant. I have thyroid issues too (I don’t have a thyroid anymore following thyroid cancer) heart palpitations are horrible, get them to keep checking your levels, mine normally only get checked once a year now, but during pregnancy they check every month. Hope you can get your meds adjusted to feel more normal again. It’s amazing how tired/drained you can feel when your levels are off

How are the uk mummies getting on with our continued heat wave? Looks like we’ve got at least another week of it, I suppose it’s nice for the school kids to have nice weather for a change for their summer hols

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->