Christmas (December) Babies 2018!

StarGazer - I still get really emotional sometimes, and if I am immersed in one of my shows on Netflix I'll start crying. I don't think the hormonal stuff stops at second tri, at least not for me either. Stress and sensory overload are a big issue for me, I've felt a bit snappy at times because of it, but honestly the vitamin D helped a lot.

Ate some soup for second breakfast and now I'm super bloated, not sure how I'll workout with this bloat. I guess I should have known it would happen lol. I'm feeling a bit irritable today, I assume because I didn't get enough sleep, but also I just want to crawl in bed and avoid everything. Baby seems to be rolling up a lot as I feel movement closer to my ribs. Shorter torso and the disadvantage there :/

I recall the other day we were watching a show laying down on the couch, and I wasn't really "crying" but my face was soaked... I kept wiping it away but tears just came.

I guess i'm under a misconception that things should "stop" at a certain point. But It makes sense they would continue. I'm having a fairly decent pregnancy as far as I can tell. Most of my "complaints" all seem normal :)

Jess -- I'm curious if it's the amount of salt in your foods that would cause the bloating?
I've started to stop giving in to my sugar cravings and monitoring how much sugars are in my other drinks servings. I think that might be why i was feeling blah for the past few days too. I'm really hoping I don't have the stupid diabetes... I've felt more like my blood sugar was low than high, but it still concerned me so I'm started monitoring my in take.

I got a message that one of my NP's wants to schedule a "follow up"??? This is my usual OB. Since the team is so large, they can't guarantee who will be with me, so they want me to visit with as many as possible so I meet them all.... I get it but yet, i wish they would assign someone who they know will be there in December..... Anyways ... I don't know why she wants to see me. I have my next two prenatals booked and the gtt too. She's at the other office as well, so I don't know what to think??? Most of you have midwives, so I don't know if you would have a clue.

I don’t think the heightened emotions ever completely go away, I’m far more emotional than I was before I had a baby

Good to know MrsDuck! I figured I'd be emotional with having the baby and not wanting anything bad to happen, or wanting to be there for every moment kinda thing.

Most of my "normal" days I have two moods, content or grumpy... and if you point out that i'm grumpy, i get more grumpy... but you can make me laugh (which is what my husband does) And truthfully the grumpy was if I was tired or something didn't go right to wake me up/general bad day issues.

StarGazer - since I cook almost everything from scratch I am able to monitor my salt intake and I can tell you I likely do not eat enough salt in my diet lol. The fiber is definitely the culprit from the peas. For some reason when I'm pregnant fiber filled foods like legumes and beans really bloat me up, and I eat a lot of this stuff. I spent a couple hours feeling crappy this morning and actually cut my workout short because I just felt so ugh. I feel a little better now, and when my tummy feels a little more empty I'll have a salad and maybe something else. I've heard you generally don't have symptoms with gestational diabetes, and it's usually easy to maintain with diet, but some do have to go on insulin. I have my test in a couple weeks and I am seriously stressed like I always get about it. If I end up with GD this time around and cannot diet control it I cannot have my water birth as per insurance rules. That being said, hopefully you'll be just fine!

MrsDuck - I agree! I definitely felt more emotional at certain times, but my emotions have changed a lot overall.

Ah ... I didn't know you didn't have symptoms prior ...

My knowledge of my levels are years old (at least 4)...and assuming that most of them worked their way up or down (since from what I've been told by a nurse --- your results can change each blood draw, no matter how far apart they are.)
But I've had most symptoms of low blood sugar. I normally get shaky and feel I don't wanna say dazed, but not clear ... idk odd to explain it. I've never fainted but I can feel like i should sit.
My side of the family doesn't have signs of diabetes. His dad has been diagnosed and monitors it, but knows that if he wants something he'll have it, so idk how severe his really is.

Normally when I don't feel good I just say I need sugar, and after I eat it, let it get to my tummy I usually feel better.

I'm just hoping that all the sugars that i've been craving don't come back to bite me!

Yes, I've thought I may have "reactive hypoglycemia" but I have been considered hypoglycemic, if I don't eat regularly my levels drop really low and I feel shaky and dizzy, it's really crappy. I've been having all these heart palpitations this time around, which I'm thinking is bp related.

Jessica - last year my little one (who was 2and half at the time) fell unconscious due to hypoglycemia. Scariest moment of my life... i never say no to sugary snack as im so scared this will happen again!!

Hope your feeling well ladies?

Im just plodding along looking at boy stuff and names and reality has kicked in. Another boy... my excitement over names and clothes etc has gone!! Same old same old....

Mornin Ladies.

I'm feeling a bit better today, but it's still early... So we'll see how it goes.
I'm on my last contact and it's irritating me.
Between baby appointments i don't know how much more time I'm allowed to have off. And considering all the time off is coming out of my check since I don't have any time in at the company ....

Hubby handled the dog thing sort of... He took our dog to meet the other. Our dog did his normal "i don't like you" growl and intimidation, then his whole "oh god, I just remembered i'm a coward, hide me..." LOL Then got scared by the neighbors kid who came running up behind him.
I still really wish they would have moved to dog away from our fence though.
And ... it's a boy dog with a pink crate and a pink collar :haha: So for weeks I've been calling it a girl dog..... LOL people ...

Baby is active very low this morning, which means... an early morning bathroom break is in order.

Buttercup - Sorry you're feeling that way, hopefully excitement picks back up. If I have another boy, like my three year old wants I hyped myself up for it so he would have a younger brother to play with instead of just ds1 who is almost 11 years old. :hug:

StarGazer - I'll send some positive vibes that you'll stay feeling good! It's good you got your dog situation dealt with, kind of lol.

afm - I slept somewhat better last night, but woke up a few times with hunger pains. Dh came in early and left again, probably because it was too cold for him. Baby is getting pretty active at night and in the mornings, I think they're getting a schedule going. Almost had the chance for dh to feel kicking and squiggling, because it was pretty constant last night.

Buttercup -- awe... You'll find something that will trigger the thrill again.

We've had our names planned our for years. I planned a second boy name just in case. I wanted to pick out for a second girl name, but I just can't seem to find one I like. So if anything we have a name picked out for at least this round ;)

I'm sleepy today. I even think I made it to bed before 9. I think that I'm just gonna stay tired til baby comes.

Baby Bump seems bigger this morning, only while laying in bed. I think my belly is finally making progress! haha

Sounds like you're popping out now! I'm full on waddling already it's crazy. We have names picked out too, but I need to figure out middle names as well.

Perhaps it did pop, but I don't look any bigger when I look in the mirror. We'll see tomorrow ;)

We picked out a girl's first name when we were first thinking about having kids, but never could settle on a middle name.
Now that I'm pregnant, all Hubby cares about is if he gets a boy and passes his name. All the names he didn't like before, he has no opinion about now. *eyeroll*

I went shopping today and the winter clothes here are so adorable feel like its not the same as having 2 summer babies where the clothes were all very similar!

I think we have a name as well....
First name chosen by my boys and a middle name with a nice meaning behind it as well as a family name!

StarGazer/Jess - what is your gut telling you? I always think go with your gut, its usually right when it comes to gender haha!

Cant wait to find out and cant wait to start seeing little babies pop out and seeing them on here (if shared)I know we have a while yet but I still cant believe it most of us are now 20+! Its gone quite quick xx

StarGazer - lol, I've had naming inclinations with each and they all changed every time. I never really liked naming kids after parents, seemed far too common in people I've known irl. All three of my sister's kids are named after their father, or her father, and a feminine version of her own name.

Buttercup - my gut is never right about gender lol, I thought for sure my third would be another boy but she's all girl. This time around I think they'll be a boy because I just expect it. Some days I think boy and then the next all I can imagine is that they'll be a girl. Luckily I have baby clothes for both genders still! It is crazy I'm almost to third trimester already. It always flies by in the summer, my other two were summer babies as well, but I don't remember it going by this fast. Maybe because this is my last baby it's going fast?

Honestly the reason he wants to pass on his name is this will be a 4th. His thought is you don't see enough even past the Jr...
I was thinking it would just be nice to pass something to my daughter. My middle name is the same as my mom's and my grandmothers first name. But sadly it doesn't sound good at all with the name we picked :( So I had to change it up.
Our last name is difficult for anything to really sound well, or keep short. As our last name is confusing enough to spell (for kids and strangers).

My gut was telling me girl. I haven't gotten any different feelings, but now I'm kinda swinging so honestly I have no clue what to really say Baby is. I've had very few baby dreams. (The only one with an actual birth in it was a girl, the others were older than infant.)
The guesses are almost even, I stopped keeping track. All the wives tales were leaning towards girl... but I'm feeling they are slowing pulling towards boy.
My MIL said she dreamed about that I was having a boy... She says I'm carrying low (even though my belly is just now starting to look like i'm not just fat).
My mom hasn't given her two cents, so I don't know what she's thinking.

You don't really carry high or low at this point anyway, and it's an old wive's tale. Mostly babies stay pretty high, especially firsts, and then drop down near the end. My dd always hung out high and went low at certain times of the day, her butt was always up at the top, I remember pushing it down when I was uncomfortable sitting down lol. I haven't had many baby dreams either, the ones I've had have been girl but that's likely just wishful thinking. My dd is very independent and likes playing with her brothers so I think she would be fine with another boy. I guess we'll find out soon enough hehe.

Yeah I thought it was too soon to tell...but that's what she keeps telling me. She said that before I was even showing much at all, so I'm not using that as any kind of basis.

I'm still thinking as long as Baby keeps up the good reports, I'm quite happy with which ever. I don't care, as long as it's baby :D :haha:

My mother always kept telling me I look like I'm carrying a girl, or all my symptoms were for a girl and I had a boy. I think they just deflect their own wishes on you, but that's just my experience, haven't even spoken to my mother for years.

I told Hubby's dad he's just saying I'll have a boy so I have a girl!
I'm a lot of parent try to wish their kids to have certain kids, but it's not their choice, so whatever.

My mom just wants me to have a kid like me, so I know the torture I put her through. She said I clawed at her from the inside, and then was a terror after I was born. She said I was born with more than 1/4 in nails. (and now I can't grow them for nothing -- or i break/clip/chew them off )

Ok ... little Wiggles needs to chill ...Such a tiny thing makes such a ruckus! I have a feeling when they are bigger they are really gonna jump on my bladder. :sad2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->